Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1425 1426 [1427] 1428 1429 ... 3835

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5787609 times)

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #21390 on: March 30, 2012, 06:10:02 am »

I've got 65 iron bars inside my only smelter and it's not even cluttered hahahahaha

who needs bar stockpiles now

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21391 on: March 30, 2012, 06:53:09 am »

JESUS some of those FB's. This one just routinely stomped militia dwarfs in the brain. Among whom the previously mentioned Urist, militia captain, and my miltiia commander. Wearing steel helmets. Just scratch and punch trhough it. Abandon that shit.
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #21392 on: March 30, 2012, 07:38:37 am »

call in the marksdwarfs!
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21393 on: March 30, 2012, 07:45:15 am »

Half of them died because I didn't notice my bolt production had ground to a halt but their archery training continued. They had no bolts for the FB.
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21394 on: March 30, 2012, 07:50:38 am »

JESUS some of those FB's. This one just routinely stomped militia dwarfs in the brain. Among whom the previously mentioned Urist, militia captain, and my miltiia commander. Wearing steel helmets. Just scratch and punch trhough it. Abandon that shit.
Armok,, is it made of adamantine or something? A slade FB would be Fun!... We need a description of this FB. Also, any legends info available.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21395 on: March 30, 2012, 07:53:51 am »

Like I said; I abandoned it. Including the entire save, so no legends. It made six kills in total, iIrc. I do have a picture, afaIk.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #21396 on: March 30, 2012, 08:00:09 am »

slade grey scales?

webs are quite deadly now the buggers actually use it. When it's a GCS it just keeps biting the head which doesnt usually bother a steel helm, but kicks and such from such a massive creature is like being hit in the head by a tree. And since they are immobilized, they always get headshots.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21397 on: March 30, 2012, 08:11:13 am »

That's what happened, yep. Not sure if it was slade or slate or something else. Silly bug. :(

masquerine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21398 on: March 30, 2012, 08:33:12 am »

That's what happened, yep. Not sure if it was slade or slate or something else. Silly bug. :(

The next time you get the disappearing text, you can simply hit f11 twice to switch to fullscreen and back to windowed mode. It'll correct the missing text so you can properly read something important like FB description. It usually only lasts for the window you are currently viewing, but it's nice to know. Your beast was likely slate.

A related bug with text is gender not displaying properly. You can hit f12 once to disable truefont to see genders, then just hit f12 again when you're done.

arphen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21399 on: March 30, 2012, 09:11:10 am »

oh yeah and i'm out of booze. Whips fucking kick ass

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21400 on: March 30, 2012, 09:15:47 am »

Goddamn troglodytes killing important dwarves.

Also, flesh ball training is awesum. May be overpowered.

Lexx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21401 on: March 30, 2012, 09:25:42 am »

My first of my war unicorns just stabbed a master goblin thief to death. It was effortlessly able to catch up to him as well. Just got to get some females tamed now and work on breeding a tame herd of these badass things. A wave of them coming up out of the cavern levels where they graze to catch a siege by surprise will be awesome. Also got giant magpies and should be able to start letting them out to start laying eggs soon.

nightwhips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21402 on: March 30, 2012, 10:20:00 am »

My first of my war unicorns just stabbed a master goblin thief to death. It was effortlessly able to catch up to him as well. Just got to get some females tamed now and work on breeding a tame herd of these badass things. A wave of them coming up out of the cavern levels where they graze to catch a siege by surprise will be awesome. Also got giant magpies and should be able to start letting them out to start laying eggs soon.

This makes me want to abandon my serene/haunted embark and strike out for the joyous wilds.
: Miner dwarves? In my volcano?

:I put childs into danger room...
They die, and their parents care nothing because legendary dining room.

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21403 on: March 30, 2012, 10:25:04 am »

Currently strip-mining a couple of bauxite clusters.  Unfortunately they are on the layer directly below the brook's water, and I have three brook sources on my map, so it's a clusterfuck of spidery lines of water everywhere.  So many "I CAN'T DIG HERE, THE STONE IS A LITTLE WET" cancellations.  This is taking forever.  Just dig, dwarves, I want me rubies, ya dig?  And that one cluster of sapphires.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21404 on: March 30, 2012, 10:30:38 am »

So how the fuck is a simple troll capable of killing an iron-armored and armed axelord without a single bruise ? *savescum*
Pages: 1 ... 1425 1426 [1427] 1428 1429 ... 3835