Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 3836

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5840647 times)

Julien Brightside

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Artblog
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #2610 on: May 03, 2010, 06:20:18 pm »

Dwarfshock.

jnecros

• Bay Watcher
  • Black dog runs at night
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2611 on: May 03, 2010, 08:46:26 pm »

Captain of the guard watched in horror as his young son was beheaded by the legendary swamp titan. He went apeshit in fact, killing 10 unfortunate bystanders before getting put down... lost 25 military men and women avenging the captain's loss, but the titan is rotting several steps from the entrance to the fort  :D 
Half beard
half belly
all dwarf

silverskull39

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: May 03, 2010, 09:34:59 pm »

Started a new fort, got myself pretty decently dug in, when the elephants attacked my woodcutter who was out and about. I somehow managed to save him, with only a broken leg and a broken rib, but now he's in my hospital and won't let go of his axe so I can get more wood. I have yet to strike fuel ores, so for the time being wood is my only fuel source and I've got about four or five charcoal blocks right now. I made a new copper axe so someone else could start woodcutting, but even if they are all idle and all have woodcutting enabled, no one picks it up, so it's sitting in a weapon stockpile for now  ::)  I guess I'll make a military dwarf equip it and see if that works...

Edit: ...And that crashed the game for some reason.... damn. New fort again I guess.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 09:37:33 pm by silverskull39 »
Dwarf fortress threads can sound so.... unethical
it would be unethical if this wasn't the bay12 forums
Bay12: A short, sturdy forum fond of !!science!! and derailment.
Now back to your regularly scheduled thread derailment.

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
  • Breeding supercows. What I've been doing on DF.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: May 03, 2010, 09:42:47 pm »

Don't let a military dwarf pick up your axe. They won't cut wood, and you probably won't get it back. Just make sure the axe is not tasked for anything, and disable/reenable woodcutting on an idle dwarf.
Dwarf Fortress: where blunders never cease.
The sigs topic:
Oh man, this is truly sigworthy...
Oh man. This is truly sig-worthy.

JoshBrickstien

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the aspect of one fey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: May 03, 2010, 10:02:36 pm »

So after getting bored with my dwarves locked in moral combat with skeletal giants
What?  :-\
 :P
Edit: OH GOD, THE LEATHERS ARE MULTIPLYING WHENEVER I SLEEP.

Rotten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: May 03, 2010, 10:54:18 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm sorry. Really.

In my fort, after a mere 3 years (about 2 days RL), mighty Inkedpassage has a population of 92 and a whole 3 military dwarves (full iron and steel equipment though, I mainly use traps as they prefer to sit around and drink beer rather than chase enemies). After a wait of 2 years, production of mechanisms begins anew, this time in preparation for the beginning of the testing and implementation phase of the unproven IGL method of dwarputing. After the astonishing output by the legendary head mechanic of almost 150 mechanisms when 20 were required for a cavein trap, farms and drainable well has the mechanics convinced that over 1000 mechanisms can be prepared in a year for the project, and the woodcutter and traders are working double time to procure the wood for axles. The miners, however, are deeply divided over whether to place the large room required off away from the fortress for easy expansion, close by for easy river power and accessibility or near several half-revealed iron veins (currently dug out ones have been exhausted, not that I need much iron anyways) to kill two elves with one trap. Darker futures also loom in the face of the death by melancholy of a well liked dwarf who failed to get shells for an artifact, due to the fact that they apparently do not exist at all in this fortress. Attempts at fishing in the river were slowed first by an unkillable marsh titan (eventually used DFHack to obsidianize him), and then by the fact that the river has NO TURTLES. All suggestions to fish in the cavern layer for cave fish were ignored, due to the two forgotten beasts currently scratching at the hopefully-strong barriers set up by the fort's "master" masons. The bowyer has thenceforth gone melancholy. One can only hope her friends are very happy.

Basically, this is my third fort to test IGL (Instantaneous Gear Logic) dwarfputing, the first killed by tantrum, the next by siege. I hope I don't lose this one. I was lucky enough to get a mechanic mood in both the second fort and this one. I don't want to lose another legendary mechanic, and this site I got is great- wide river, nice hill, yeah. Only wish it had more trees (grassland).

True, but at a certain velocity the resulting explosion expels invader-bits at fatal speeds. You don't want to be dropping trogdolyte-shaped shrapnel bombs into your boneworks.
Only in Dwarf Fortress...

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: May 03, 2010, 11:25:54 pm »

Dwarfshock.
would you kindly pull that lever?
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Vercingetorix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: May 04, 2010, 12:43:38 am »

Went back to DF2010.  Got a weird fort where a significant number are fond of worshiping a deity (favored by both dwarves AND goblins) that takes the form of a blind cave mole and is associated with caverns, water, and earth.

Also struck an insane quantity of bituminous coal...we don't honestly need the magma on this map other than for the hell of it.
Do you always look at it in ASCII?

You get used to it, I don't even see the ASCII.  All I see is blacksmith, miner, goblin.

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: May 04, 2010, 02:04:32 am »

Dwarfshock.
Look at you, dwarf. A pathetic creature of meat and bone.

Hot damn I wish I still had that game.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: May 04, 2010, 02:05:55 am »

Dwarfshock.

A dwarf chooses, an elf obeys.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
  • Breeding supercows. What I've been doing on DF.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: May 04, 2010, 02:28:40 am »

Dwarfshock.

QFT.
*brains begin oozing out of cracked skull as the phrase is repeated*
Dwarf Fortress: where blunders never cease.
The sigs topic:
Oh man, this is truly sigworthy...
Oh man. This is truly sig-worthy.

Ethereal.Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: May 04, 2010, 05:52:40 am »

Dwarfshock.

QFT.
*brains begin oozing out of cracked skull as the phrase is repeated*
The Urist form is dead, elf. Are you afraid? What is it you fear? The end of your trivial existence? When the history of my glory is written, your species shall only be a footnote to my magnificence. I am MAGMA.
Can't you also damn rivers by causing a wall to drop into the water via cave-in?
I figured you could always damn a river by channeling out it out all the way into Hell.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: May 04, 2010, 06:11:01 am »

Current project:
After creating a massive stockpile of charcoal and realizing that melting down enemy equipment is currently broken I've decided to redirect it towards glass manufacturing. I'm creating a large number of clear glass items: windows for my gladiator arena and screw pump components for when I decide to strike magma.

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: May 04, 2010, 06:39:13 am »

My one military dwarf decided to throw a tantrum. What does he do? He runs to his wife, and stabs her in the leg with a pick.

His wife, a true dwarf, walks off and gets a beer in retaliation.

Guilliman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: May 04, 2010, 08:03:30 am »

A goblin ambush striked when the human caravan appeared, I had anticipated this. The goblins got ganged by 20 hammerlords each wielding 2 silver warhammers and full adamantine plate.

I also Just exported 4 million wealth (up from 14.000). I hope this will convince more siegers to show up. I bought A lot of (war) tigers, jaguars and gorillas. the tigers line my inner entrance walls, and the gorillas are chained outside to scare of any thieves and random wildlife.

My bonecarver lost his left foot and cant be satured because his left upper leg wound healed a bit, so he just lies there. I might move his bed to the entrance.

Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 3836