Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 3836

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5853239 times)

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #2655 on: May 06, 2010, 05:30:51 am »

In regards to the Dungeon Master question, to the best of my knowledge it's currently not possible to get one. Hopefully that will be fixed soon.

Ivar360

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2656 on: May 06, 2010, 07:32:13 am »

In regards to the Dungeon Master question, to the best of my knowledge it's currently not possible to get one. Hopefully that will be fixed soon.

Crap, I bought 5 grizzlies, 4 black bears a cougar and a wolf to make war beasts....

silverskull39

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2657 on: May 06, 2010, 07:37:00 am »

you can, however, change the other nobles (such as the expedition leader) to have the [TAME EXOTICS] tag or whatever it was. I did so in the raws, but I haven't gotten any exotic tameables yet. I'll let you know how it works out.
Dwarf fortress threads can sound so.... unethical
it would be unethical if this wasn't the bay12 forums
Bay12: A short, sturdy forum fond of !!science!! and derailment.
Now back to your regularly scheduled thread derailment.

Ivar360

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: May 06, 2010, 07:54:34 am »

you can, however, change the other nobles (such as the expedition leader) to have the [TAME EXOTICS] tag or whatever it was. I did so in the raws, but I haven't gotten any exotic tameables yet. I'll let you know how it works out.

I'm gonna try that out, hope it works without regenerating a world.

Batta

• Bay Watcher
  • Black Wyvern
    • View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: May 06, 2010, 08:05:35 am »

Oh wow. So the dwarven caravan came and I, having run out of food and drink for my dwarves, decided to shamelessly use the zero speed cheat to pump out some mugs so I could trade. I let the game sit for a while afterwords, and found that when the caravan went to leave, they went though the underground for whatever reason. I was going to remove the cheat, but then they encountered the third and final blind cave ogre.

I have now witnessed what I like to call "Copper Bolt Breath". I think the marksdwarves exhausted their entire ammo supply in under a second.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2660 on: May 06, 2010, 08:09:13 am »

You have marksdwarves?

That SHOT ARROWS?!

CHEAT!!!

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2661 on: May 06, 2010, 08:09:28 am »

Awesome. It's like that gun that fires a million rounds a minute.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2662 on: May 06, 2010, 08:48:56 am »

"This is Sasha. She fire 6,000 custom-drilled depleted uranium bolts a minute, with a 800 bolt cartridge."

"It costs 10,000 dorfbucks to fire this crossbow for eight seconds."
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2663 on: May 06, 2010, 08:59:50 am »

"This is Sasha. She fire 6,000 custom-drilled depleted uranium bolts a minute, with a 800 bolt cartridge."

"It costs 10,000 dorfbucks to fire this crossbow for eight seconds."
Not dwarfy enough.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Ivar360

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2664 on: May 06, 2010, 09:05:20 am »

Well, I tried editing the raws, and now my Bookkeeper enables the training of war grizzlies!
I'm going to start production on iron axes and breastplates, and we'll be ready to exact some revenge on the blind cave trolls who killed my mason and toppled the wall he was working on. Can't wait  >:(

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2665 on: May 06, 2010, 11:53:42 am »

Crap, I bought 5 grizzlies, 4 black bears a cougar and a wolf to make war beasts....

You can still train the grizzlies.  They don't need the DM.  Not sure if the others are Pet_Exotic.

tastypaste

• Bay Watcher
  • "It's delicious!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: May 06, 2010, 12:42:59 pm »

You can still train the grizzlies.  They don't need the DM.  Not sure if the others are Pet_Exotic.

This is confirmed. I just trained my two grizzlies to be war bears without a DM. All animals you buy from traders are pre-tamed. However, you can't train black bears or wolves. From the Dwarf Fort Wiki article on kennels:

The following creatures can be trained into war animals or hunting animals:

Cheetah
Dog
Dragon
Elephant
Giant bat (hunting only)
Giant cave swallow (hunting only)
Giant cheetah
Giant eagle
Giant jaguar
Giant leopard
Giant lion
Giant tiger
Gorilla
Grizzly bear
Jaguar
Leopard
Lion
Mandrill
Polar bear
Tiger

Source: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Kennel#ixzz0nAkCMGlC
Denethor cancels stewardship:  Went Insane.
Denethor went berserk!

derekiv

• Bay Watcher
  • The smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: May 06, 2010, 02:05:26 pm »

Well, I tried editing the raws, and now my Bookkeeper enables the training of war grizzlies!
I'm going to start production on iron axes and breastplates, and we'll be ready to exact some revenge on the blind cave trolls who killed my mason and toppled the wall he was working on. Can't wait  >:(
How did you do this?

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2668 on: May 06, 2010, 02:09:37 pm »

Hi!

Sorry to burst your bubble there, but grizzly bears can always be trained to war grizzly bears in 31 (definitely!) and I think also in 40d (^_^;;

Deathworks

Ivar360

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2669 on: May 06, 2010, 03:16:09 pm »

How did you do this?

Well, as it turns out i probably failed, as grizzlies can be trained into war grizzlies without a DM. I did not know.
Now that I do know, I dont feel a need to have a DM anymore, cuz nothing beats war grizzlies in my book :)
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 3836