Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1909 1910 [1911] 1912 1913 ... 3835

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5787129 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #28650 on: April 06, 2013, 02:50:22 pm »

I'm just admiring my dwarves trying to chase each other down because some of them are hauling the food barrels that others' meals are currently stored in. :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile
« Reply #28651 on: April 06, 2013, 05:10:16 pm »

just had my first encounter with a vampire. turns out to be surgeon. it's always the one you least expect. after i set up my justice system, he had the testicular fortitude to suck a farmer dry in front of three witnesses. he hasn't gotten the hammer yet, but i'm hoping for it
We are not evil by choice, but evil by necessity.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28652 on: April 06, 2013, 06:39:38 pm »

just had my first encounter with a vampire. turns out to be surgeon. it's always the one you least expect. after i set up my justice system, he had the testicular fortitude to suck a farmer dry in front of three witnesses. he hasn't gotten the hammer yet, but i'm hoping for it
Vampires are kind of badass, they get serious stat boosts. I've never had one actually die from a hammering.

Jenniretta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28653 on: April 06, 2013, 06:55:16 pm »

Things have been pretty quiet lately at nourishedcobalt. The necromancers and goblins haven't come by, the humans and elves aren't attacking despite all their losses here, and the skinless alligator that moved in has been content to stay in his closed-off corner of the cavern. My vampire seems to have died somewhere along the way, probably one of the dwarves that rushed the goblin siege single-file last year, even through he was a marksdwarf.

I have my rangers and animal caretakers learning how to tame the ravens and crundles that I managed to catch. progress is kinda slow, but they're learning and making slight progress towards making them viable pets.

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile
« Reply #28654 on: April 06, 2013, 07:46:47 pm »

update on the whole vampire problem. so far, i have planned its demise via upright spike trap, but its fifth toe got broken during a recent beating. so now it's at my hospital. good practice for my medical dwarves, but does not solve the whole vampire problem (i want it dead not undead)
We are not evil by choice, but evil by necessity.

Jenniretta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28655 on: April 06, 2013, 07:54:33 pm »

update on the whole vampire problem. so far, i have planned its demise via upright spike trap, but its fifth toe got broken during a recent beating. so now it's at my hospital. good practice for my medical dwarves, but does not solve the whole vampire problem (i want it dead not undead)

they're not that bad. recruit it into your military if you have one, they get a good stat boost, so a bit of training and a weapon will help with any goblin problems you may have. if you don't want it eating people. burrow it so that the only places it can go are the barracks to train. They don't need to sleep or eat or anything, so a barracks designated from a weapon rack with no beds is fine.

Sheer_Bliss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28656 on: April 06, 2013, 08:05:29 pm »

Nothing. My mining dwarf refuses to do shit and won't tell me why, and I can't feed him to Armok because I've only just started.
Breaking thumbs since 2013

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #28657 on: April 06, 2013, 08:08:08 pm »

Nothing. My mining dwarf refuses to do shit and won't tell me why, and I can't feed him to Armok because I've only just started.
You don't have a pick?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Jenniretta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28658 on: April 06, 2013, 08:37:36 pm »

Make sure he has a pick, he could have lost it. If he got into a fight sometimes they get lodged into the body. check the z stocks screen to see if you have enough and make sure none are forbidden.
If his ability to grasp is impaired (or lost) due to injury (or missing hands) he's also basically useless as a miner.

EBannion

• Bay Watcher
  • Visit my Blog, www.elleshaped.com
    • View Profile
    • ElleShaped
« Reply #28659 on: April 06, 2013, 10:36:25 pm »

I just finished committing genocide on the ant men, blind cave fish men, bat men, and amphibian men living in the second basement.

My military is now having a well-deserved vacation, and my haulers are hurriedly dumping all the bits into the magma sea before too much nasty miasma hits us.

The next plan is to make full suits of candy armor for my elite troops.
Torturing Dwarves to death since 2007

wanzerm23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • 6 plus - I play too many video games
« Reply #28660 on: April 07, 2013, 01:19:54 am »

Three forts, all abandoned after failing to breach the aquifer using the cave-in method.  First two I screwed up the construction in multiple ways. 

On the third, one of my miners went and drowned himself while channelling into the aquifer.  They were able to recover his body so I assigned another dwarf as miner and was able to finish it off.  However, when the plug broke loose and collapsed suddenly the whole area was flooded. 

I gave up after that.  Maybe I'll try again tomorrow.

the woods

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28661 on: April 07, 2013, 02:04:18 am »

My raven reverted to a wild state and flew away :(

hanni79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28662 on: April 07, 2013, 08:19:40 am »

!!SUCCESS!! was the last thing going on :D

I managed to autmomatize Dwarven Swimming lessons, with Minecarts. Works pretty well, despite few broken spines, legs and occasional  cat- Minecart encounters.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28663 on: April 07, 2013, 08:56:35 am »

!!SUCCESS!! was the last thing going on :D

I managed to autmomatize Dwarven Swimming lessons, with Minecarts. Works pretty well, despite few broken spines, legs and occasional  cat- Minecart encounters.

You can't make an omelet without breaking a few spines... I'm not a very good cook.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #28664 on: April 07, 2013, 10:57:27 am »

So there's been this Giant Cave Crocodile in Silentthunders' lakes for a while. It's been there longer than every other creature in the Fort.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And guess what I'm about to do?
Pages: 1 ... 1909 1910 [1911] 1912 1913 ... 3835