Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1929 1930 [1931] 1932 1933 ... 3836

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5863100 times)

Drecon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #28950 on: April 29, 2013, 11:10:18 am »

A goblin ambush happened, way too soon. I was still trying to find any usable ore on my map so I hardly had any weapons at all.

My previous population of 29 is now 4...

Maybe I'll live until some new migration waves? I can only hope.

Catsup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28951 on: April 29, 2013, 11:13:14 am »

A goblin ambush happened, way too soon. I was still trying to find any usable ore on my map so I hardly had any weapons at all.

if only you had a door my friend...if only you had a door.

Drecon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28952 on: April 29, 2013, 11:52:04 am »

if only you had a door my friend...if only you had a door.

Yes, that's on my short list of things to do in fact.

That said, I just got a full migrant wave, bringing my population up to normal levels. It seems I've received a second chance. Chances are there's a second wave coming as well. Also, there's enough Goblinite around to forge a few picks and other weapons.
Now just to make sure I'll not make the same mistakes again.

lazygun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28953 on: April 29, 2013, 05:08:53 pm »

Discovered the underground magma sea. Discovered blue metal. Praise the miners! Hang on... I wasn't anywhere near that deep.

So, apparently a dorf was deconstructing a bridge over the volcano while his dorf child was standing on that same bridge. Stoopid dorfs never heard of health and safety. But I like to think they knew exactly what they were doing.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #28954 on: April 29, 2013, 05:14:15 pm »

Turns out,I accidentily installed the magmatube above dining room with Channeling, when I turned it on, all my dwarfs melted. ;~;
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28955 on: April 29, 2013, 05:15:47 pm »

Giving all of the children cute names based on their personality and appearance.  This should end well.

On an unrelated note, I just had my first encounter with a necromancer in Fortress mode.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28956 on: April 29, 2013, 07:07:12 pm »

Had my bone carver go missing for a week, was unsure what caused his demise.  It turned out he was getting bones from the refuse pile when the cart dumped ~10 puppy bones and other corpses on top of him.  Hell of a way to go, buried by puppy bones.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28957 on: April 29, 2013, 07:17:03 pm »

In ten minutes, all my dwaves died to a high fever, heavy bruising and Peregrin Falcon man Corpses.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28958 on: April 30, 2013, 01:03:22 am »

Giving all of the children cute names based on their personality and appearance.  This should end well.

On an unrelated note, I just had my first encounter with a necromancer in Fortress mode.

Really? I just give all the babies the profession title of "useless shit". It's funny to see them in combat reports.

AlmightyOne

• Bay Watcher
  • You and what lightning fingers???
    • View Profile
« Reply #28959 on: April 30, 2013, 01:22:30 am »

Really? I just give all the babies the profession title of "useless shit". It's funny to see them in combat reports.
lol "useless shit latches on firmly!"

rudhcairiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28960 on: April 30, 2013, 01:49:30 am »

Embarked on a beautiful new spot, started digging in.

Zombie elephants wander onto the map.

30 seconds later: 'Your fortress has crumbled to its end.'

...next fort!

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28961 on: April 30, 2013, 02:08:35 am »

...next fort!
The majestic zombie elephant is best observed from a distance due to how dangerous they can be, as shown here.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28962 on: April 30, 2013, 02:27:24 am »

...next fort!

The Walking Boatmurdered.

BirdBrainf4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28963 on: April 30, 2013, 08:51:52 am »

I had recently started a new fort (still new to this) and I had been posting a kind of story with questions laced in the story, strictly for learning.  Here, I won't ask questions - just share the joys of DF.

I finally struck the magma sea at about -30z, set up a smelter and dug out an area for storing goods.  My dwarves happened to spot candy in the caverns, and so I set up a tunnel to start excavating this.  However, I think I got a little too happy, because I didn't gird up the exposed cavern areas with walls.  Rutherers were roaming around and disturbing my dwarves, so I got the bright idea to send my militia down to attack these creatures.  Not the brightest idea - I lost 2 dwarves while I mangled a couple of them.  Turns out Wiki suggests I simply leave them alone - "They are not aggressive unless you attack them or they are accompanying goblins during a siege or similar."

Therefore, I cancelled the kill order and continued to excavate the candy.  I did see an FB pop its head up in a river on one of the local z-levels, but the "units" screen does not show it readily.  I will simply try to be wary of it for the time being...perhaps a project for later  :P

Drecon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28964 on: April 30, 2013, 08:53:25 am »

My dorfs were still trying to get everything from the last siege back into the fortress while an entire goblin army showed up. About eight hammerers, 6 crossbowgoblins and a few more that I don't quite remember.

Most of my dorfs were migrants, only there since two months ago and most of them were quickly slaughtered.

The last one was my expedition leader, who decided to go to bed as the siege was happening. I wonder if he was surprised when a whole army burst into his bedroom. He didn't have much time to be surprised in any case.

So... next!
Pages: 1 ... 1929 1930 [1931] 1932 1933 ... 3836