Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1956 1957 [1958] 1959 1960 ... 3836

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5853607 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #29355 on: May 25, 2013, 08:05:38 pm »

A bronze colossus came by. ...I had to edit the raws to kill it, since even superior-quality steel weapons weren't doing any significant damage.

The surrounding lands have been made into a barony. I chose the expedition leader for the position.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

ZzarkLinux

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_BUN:#1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29356 on: May 25, 2013, 09:28:01 pm »

Quakeswalled got its first forgotten beast, the obligitory feathered earthworm. It's in the 1st cavern layer, which is fine since that level is mostly flooded and the beast can't swim. I guess in DF Terms the 1st cavern layer looks like this:
Code: [Select]
~~~
~X~
O~~
where O is the tiny island beast and X is the stone pillar with the dwarves.
Also in the Migrant Fort, a tantruming Cheese Maker is pummeling a depressed fisherdwarf outside the dining hall. Seems eerily similar to GZ TM trial.

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29357 on: May 25, 2013, 11:21:36 pm »

Relicshield, pop. 76, Mid-Spring of 275 (Year 24)

The past few years have been quite eventful.  To celebrate his son's entry into the military, Adil I bestowed his sword, Spatteredcolumns the Responsibilities of Calamities, to Adil II.  They are now the second family to with members serving concurrently in the military, along with Edem II and Goden II.

Selenite Ivyrope, one of the original 7, and the armorer of the fortress, fell to a goblin snatcher.  The fiend stabbed him in the throat and he bled to death before he could be taken to the hospital :(.  His one true love was the legendary hammerdwarf and fortress 2nd-in-command Olivine.  Though they never married or had children, Selenite's legacy lives on in the fine armor he crafted. 

In happier news, Olon II & Ingiz II were married, giving Relicshield the very first marriage between dwarves who were born there.  The newlyweds are being coy, but rumor has it that an Olon III or Ingiz III is on the way! 

Finally, after over a year of digging, the first of the legendary caverns was breached!  The bizarre bioluminescent flora and even odder fauna had a strange beauty, but the dangers of the depths have been passed down in tales for generations.  Soon enough, one of the monstrosities from ages past made itself known!

The Forgotten Beast Nuwetha has come!  An enormous one-eyed pterosaur.  It has a long, spiral horn and it undulates rhythmically.  Its pine green scales are jagged and overlapping.  Beware its deadly blood!

Choosing caution over a head-on assault, Commander Sphalerite made a tactical retreat to lure the beast to its doom.  It gave chase, then came upon a room with over a dozen dwarf statues.  Thinking it had found its prey, Nuwetha entered.  The lone pillar in the room gave way while the creature attacked silent rock replicas.  Mighty are the forgotten beasts, but stone is mightier still. 

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PEDANTRY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29358 on: May 26, 2013, 01:05:52 am »

Lenshatchets, 202 Timber 27:

-evil giggling- I love my Grand Master Cook.

Edit:

Yes, you read that right. 111,503 Dorfbucks worth of food. I LOVE MY LEGENDARY COOOOOOOOOOOOOK

Edit2: I'm using DFHack and I pressed 's' so I could search for the bins and get those instead of just the cloth inside them so I could get *all* the stuff... yeah no i accidentally the whole caravan. And now I can't offer stuff to them to make up for 'buying' out the whole caravan (WHICH I COULD HAVE IT COST LIKE 50K DORFBUCKS). And they were the humans! I like the humans! WHOOPSISHIT
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 02:48:22 am by Lielac »

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #29359 on: May 26, 2013, 06:42:17 am »

Aw yeah, check em gloves. Or rather, a glove. One Dwarf gets to have a candy hand, who shall it be?

pi_Age

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29360 on: May 26, 2013, 09:37:51 am »

While human merchants were arriving, my barony got under siege by goblins with 107 invaders total (15 trolls and full squads of mace, axe, hammer and pike gobos; being led by sword, lasher and pike masters and a elite bowman) with the general, Lida the Elf, leading the assault. The entire elf race will pay for this treachery!

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29361 on: May 26, 2013, 09:47:22 am »

My stockpiles are full of goblin cages. I hoped to capture some rare animals, but all I got is common goblins. Plan to chain them up and send dwarfs to fight them one-on-one.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29362 on: May 26, 2013, 10:13:08 am »

Aw yeah, check em gloves. Or rather, a glove. One Dwarf gets to have a candy hand, who shall it be?

The one who made it :)!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #29363 on: May 26, 2013, 10:38:06 am »

I like how it's named the homage of symmetries :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29364 on: May 26, 2013, 11:06:17 am »

Chained goblin bowmen it tiny rooms make wonderful training dummies for recruits. Until they remember they do, in fact, have bows and arrows.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #29365 on: May 26, 2013, 11:10:30 am »

The one who made it :)!
Professor Cog is now: Professor Cog of the fabulous left hands

I like how it's named the homage of symmetries :P
Ha ha just got the irony

MaxZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Doot doodoo de doo
    • View Profile
« Reply #29366 on: May 26, 2013, 01:41:52 pm »

I've embarked on a volcano, which is in a cold biome, but it doesn't snow in the winter despite the whole place being covered in snow.

almost all the snow is now covered in blood, it looks awful, and im not sure I can do anything about it as I cant melt the snow without plonking magma above or below it

manboricua

• Bay Watcher
  • After the 50th Fort, I'm getting the hang of this!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29367 on: May 26, 2013, 02:06:55 pm »

Training lots of war dogs. The untrained ones meet the butcher's cleaver.
Loving life every second

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29368 on: May 26, 2013, 03:05:16 pm »

Just realized I need to replace uniform in my military. Now 50+ dwarfs stripped naked and run around gathering clothes and armor.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29369 on: May 26, 2013, 03:52:14 pm »

I just started a new fort after my old one met a !!!monsters from the depths!!! end. I'm going to mine out an entire layer of a mountain and build there.
A few of the odder events:
1. The first caravan randomly left. I finally realized what happened when I saw "Wagon" in the list of dead things: a Kea attacked and managed to kill a wagon, forcing the merchants to leave.
2. I got three artifacts: an artifact war hammer, an oak blowgun, and a sphalerite ring. At least they're better than the artifact candy war hammer.
3. Because of how my old fort ended, most of my migrants come on the edge of tantruming. I can fix this, but I couldn't save the three dwarves who arrived on fire.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now
Pages: 1 ... 1956 1957 [1958] 1959 1960 ... 3836