Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 3836

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5862541 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #3090 on: May 23, 2010, 10:27:22 pm »

I'm building a tower in Hell!
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3091 on: May 23, 2010, 10:56:03 pm »

The law giver of a neighboring tower was attack and killed by a band of goblin swordmen.

adventurers given a quest to slain a demon from a human town or a did the goblins got sick of the three eye turtle demon.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Turambar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3092 on: May 24, 2010, 12:40:14 am »

defeated a goblin ambush when they decided to all stand directly on my drawbridge, 9 z-levels above a raging river.

bad move, goblins.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: May 24, 2010, 02:06:57 am »

Currently playing the old 2d version in an attempt to find out about DF's glorious, gore-encrusted roots. A soldier holding a masterpiece beatingstick or whatever got swept into the river during a flood and drowned, which naturally pissed off the dude who made the masterwork doodad that is now at the bottom of a river. Said dude immediately entered a state of full-on !!TARD RAGE!! and smashed up the bridge connecting the two sides of the cave river, cutting off the dwarves outside from my food stores.
And then some guy in a fey mood at the magma works whom I had forgotten about goes apeshit and starts trying to kill people.
 Did I mention my entire military was outside guarding the trade depot? They'd love to crack the freak's skull open, but they're stranded on the other side of the river and swimming is for pansies. Sigh.

I somehow got the situation under control with minimal casualties, and it's been painfully boring ever since. In the name of lulz, I am now chucking assorted crap into the chasm in an attempt to stir something up. Let's see what happens...
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #3094 on: May 24, 2010, 03:32:58 am »

...The most recent being when a mason was ordered to place a wall to cover up a hole, and ended up trapping himself behind the wall and a floodgate. Now I have to get the idiot out of there before he starves to death. Of course in doing so I'll produce another hole, and then another mason will probably trap himself behind that trying to patch it up. That's how my mason got stuck in there in the first place.
You can simply remove construction via d-->n IIRC, no need to dig more holes! :)

I have not played df yesterday, nor will I today probably, last time I did I saved right after a migrant wave increased my population to 60 or so, having recieved 20+ dorfs. Cannot complain, I did not get any migrants other season that year and there is always need for more labour...especialy since many of my dorfs are friends with some of them migrant children that came two waves ago...and this children keep throwing parties. Gorramit.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: May 24, 2010, 03:51:34 am »

Hi!

IF that works, I'd like to know. I'm not holding out much hope, however. Best solution I've seen so far was adding [SHELL] to cow hooves.

It didn't work out. Just in case I made a mistake, I simply deactivated the [NOT_BUTCHERABLE] by removing the square brackets. I also changed the [PET_EXOTIC] to [PET] so I could get at the turtles via the animal status menu, but to no avail.

After getting desperate enough to turn off weather and temperature, I guess it is time to start anew hoping for the best. Too bad, the location was really quite nice (a hill of maybe 2 or 3 z-levels height in the middle of the 3x3 embark had my starting wagon placed right on the highest location on the map with ample space for infrastructure).

Deathworks

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
  • Breeding supercows. What I've been doing on DF.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: May 24, 2010, 04:43:57 am »

Turtles = vermin != large animals.

Products of death: remains (not corpse)

job "Butcher an animal" <ingredients: large animal or corpse>

There should be some few new animals that produce shells, but your likelihood of running into them is low. You're also not advised to wait for a lucky forgotten beast type. Modding in a large domestic animal that produces shells is your best bet. Hopefully Toady will fix this soon!
Dwarf Fortress: where blunders never cease.
The sigs topic:
Oh man, this is truly sigworthy...
Oh man. This is truly sig-worthy.

Indricotherium

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3097 on: May 24, 2010, 11:02:36 am »

Just had a mason get a fey mood and after a bit he produced an artifact quern with the straightforward name of:

Thimshurarel Onololtudkebon (Partneredwater the Mountainous Stalker-Oders)!

You can bet your tookus I slammed that baby down smack dab in the middle of the dining hall. With the dorm having the artifact statue and the well the artifact bucket I have high hopes that now it's ecstasy for everyone! Now if only I could figure out a good public use for the artifact figurine and artifact dress...
That is a wasteful idea that recklessly endangers life. I applaud your genius!
There are as many ways to play the game as there are socks on a battlefield.

Beeskee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3098 on: May 24, 2010, 12:30:27 pm »

The ASCII is giving me a headache.

In other news, in my new fort the first strange mood produced an iron spear with spikes of rock salt. ROCK. SALT. Can you say "Ow" ?

I have tons of rock salt. It would be cool if I could trade with other forts over the internet, lol. :D I'm sure SOMEONE needs it.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 12:32:22 pm by Beeskee »
When a wizard is tired of looking for broken glass in his dinner, he is tired of life.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: May 24, 2010, 12:45:36 pm »

In other news, in my new fort the first strange mood produced an iron spear with spikes of rock salt. ROCK. SALT. Can you say "Ow" ?

I have tons of rock salt. It would be cool if I could trade with other forts over the internet, lol. :D I'm sure SOMEONE needs it.

O dear god. Salt in the wounds anyone? Seriously, don't let the modders get any ideas on this or we will have these spears causing [pain] effects. Wait a minute, that might be awesome....
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3100 on: May 24, 2010, 01:40:38 pm »

Make a road out of it. Black ice can kiss my a$$.

We should be able to salt paths at some point.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3101 on: May 24, 2010, 01:47:30 pm »

Hi!

We should be able to salt paths at some point.

Mmmmhhh, a new idea to capture mountain goats, I guess?

Well, one of the dwarves in my latest fortress likes rock salt so it would be nice to combine him with your salt for the ideal noble :) :)

Rotten: About your suggestion before, I never use magma or breach it, so this setup would be a bit difficult to accomplish. Anyhow, I have started a new fortress, and now I am taking note which dwarf would be best for new noble positions. I rather work all the adamantine lovers 24/7 so they never make friends and thus never become mayors instead of worrying about mishaps during elimination attempts.

Deathworks

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: May 24, 2010, 01:48:36 pm »

This is a torture device. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of sadism. On the item is an image of an elf in rock salt. The elf is screaming.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: May 24, 2010, 02:08:24 pm »

WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

hjd_uk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: May 24, 2010, 02:50:52 pm »

A single Dwarf killed a forgotten beast all on his own, only sustaining a cut little-toe!

vs

(screenshotted half way through battle which is why the FB already has wounds)

*ding ding*

KO!

A band-aid ought to do it.

I've immediatly set about building Zon the biggest quarters in the Fort, going to make him solid gold everything.

Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 3836