Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2105 2106 [2107] 2108 2109 ... 3836

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5851935 times)

Bastus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #31590 on: November 21, 2013, 05:20:13 pm »

Just got thorugh the second year of my new fort. Hit the Pop_cap and the caravan left so the situation on the immigrant part should (finally) quite down.
Oh and am I the only one who thinks legendary engravers are just hilarious? I got one by a mood and he is way too fast in his job. I just can imagine him walking thorugh my fort and everything his magic beard touches just get smoothed.
On a side note, am I the only one getting swarmed by fisherman? Out of the 80 migrants in total, around 12 were fishermen.  ???
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 05:22:49 pm by Bastus »

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • Obey the Fist!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31591 on: November 21, 2013, 06:37:21 pm »

Just got thorugh the second year of my new fort. Hit the Pop_cap and the caravan left so the situation on the immigrant part should (finally) quite down.
Oh and am I the only one who thinks legendary engravers are just hilarious? I got one by a mood and he is way too fast in his job. I just can imagine him walking thorugh my fort and everything his magic beard touches just get smoothed.
On a side note, am I the only one getting swarmed by fisherman? Out of the 80 migrants in total, around 12 were fishermen.  ???

Better than getting swarmed by potash and cheesemakers.

Beast Tamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31592 on: November 21, 2013, 08:04:43 pm »

Potash Makers are actually useful, just not a whole bunch of them.

Just in my fort I had a FB come up from the depths, spewing poisonous vapors that killed in seconds. It cornered a few of my Legendary Miners in the Gabbro Mineshaft, but then got distracted by a cat. Deploying my cadre of Legendary Crossbowmen in the massive cavern above, I waited for it to come up. When it finally did, a nearby goose lunged at it and kept it busy long enough for my marksmen to fire two salvos, killing it. The only casualties were the pet goose and some pet cats caught in the vapors.

On a side note, my War Llama breeding program is running smoothly.
There is currently a minor problem in that the veteran demons fighting in the corpse factory have failed to die in the 2 year battle and have become legendary unkillable gods of war. I may have misjudged this possible outcome.

ImagoDeo

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_THINK:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31593 on: November 21, 2013, 08:13:59 pm »

Potash Makers are actually useful, just not a whole bunch of them.

Just in my fort I had a FB come up from the depths, spewing poisonous vapors that killed in seconds. It cornered a few of my Legendary Miners in the Gabbro Mineshaft, but then got distracted by a cat. Deploying my cadre of Legendary Crossbowmen in the massive cavern above, I waited for it to come up. When it finally did, a nearby goose lunged at it and kept it busy long enough for my marksmen to fire two salvos, killing it. The only casualties were the pet goose and some pet cats caught in the vapors.

Watch out, they spit.

My legendary mason is miserable because she hasn't had any pants for the last six months. How do I get her to pick up the silk trousers I just made for her? I don't want her starting any more fist fights, and she destroyed the duchess' office last time she tantrummed. More than that, though, she's at risk of going melancholy or berserk and I really don't want to lose her. Any loss of dorf right now means I don't get any more sieges (I'm sitting at 80 population).
What would it be like to live in a world that was copy/pasted? Would we even notice? If not, how many times have we switched celestial harddrives or whatever?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31594 on: November 21, 2013, 08:19:40 pm »

Watch out, they spit.

My legendary mason is miserable because she hasn't had any pants for the last six months. How do I get her to pick up the silk trousers I just made for her? I don't want her starting any more fist fights, and she destroyed the duchess' office last time she tantrummed. More than that, though, she's at risk of going melancholy or berserk and I really don't want to lose her. Any loss of dorf right now means I don't get any more sieges (I'm sitting at 80 population).

How many pants did you make? If you only made a handful, someone else may have taken them. I usually try to make sure there are enough to outfit my whole fort, making massive batches of clothes every 2 years or so.

If you need to clothe her immediately, try assigning her as military, and give her some armour.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #31595 on: November 22, 2013, 12:43:05 am »

"Some migrants have arrived, despite the danger."
And the four hunters in the wave actually chased off and killed the kobolds that were attacking, at the cost of a farmer and cheese maker. And were followed by a human caravan in hot pursuit.
Traded away prepared meals for more raw ingredient then were used to make them, as well as all their animals, drink, cloth, and metals.

Also, set up my magma forges. It's a bit of a walk, so I'm going to start breaking the fort into sections, after my 6 or so legendary miners clear out the quarry I designated for them.

Also, I'm going to work on roofing off that mechanism hall to connect my reactors, so that when I dig the holes to connect them goblins don't get in. And also work on making another roofed area, then channel under that area, and see if the snow-less channeled roofed section will grow above ground plants, 'cause my unchanneled farm is not allowing me to plant anything.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Raggsockan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31596 on: November 22, 2013, 04:02:02 am »

I was testing out some mining techniques and a dwarf fell about 30 levels down break most of his body almost everything was red. So while i was looking for a way to rescue him (Legendary miner not letting him die) I look on him again after a while and well suddenly only his right wrist is broken. Checking for vampire and other stuff on him and realise the only thing he has is "He is quick to heal"

EDIT:Spoke to soon he is situaded in a pile that may or may not be his his fellow miner friends....

EDITEDIT: He died so did the rescue squad damn that skinless lurking deer with corrosive blood and a giant lower jaw.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 04:30:31 am by Raggsockan »

Bastus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31597 on: November 22, 2013, 06:18:09 am »

Just 3 years after it`s funding and just shortly after it get promoted to the baronies capital Dustbells fell. The miners got too greedy digging out the holy metal of amok, the adamantine. Shortly after every contact was lost.

Or with other words I did not pay attention on how much I was mining, when I suddenly hit the circus a group of flame spying clowns showed me my mistake.

Thief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31598 on: November 22, 2013, 07:02:06 am »

Trying to Find a mod Masterwoork keeps failing download
Remind me never to leave you in charge of a fort that requires basic math to survive.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31599 on: November 22, 2013, 01:55:53 pm »

The human fortress of deadhalls has been sieged for the first time. It is the third year since founding, our population is at a record high of 8, the land catches fire periodically since there's a burning giant tick standing on the edge of the map and the charred remains of several caravans and migrant waves (every migrant wave) litter the land. Our first invasion happened to be dark stranglers. They arrived in force upon war grizzlies. They cut a bloody swath through the horde of zombies that rose from prospective migrants until my expedition leader sent them packing with a few arrows to the lungs.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31600 on: November 22, 2013, 02:08:32 pm »

Egotistical dwarf is egotistical.  Pretentious, as a true artiste ought to be.

Haha, nice. I've seen a crafted item with the same last name as the crafter, but never the full name!  Btw, what does the name mean?

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • High Lobster of Fluffy Wamblers
    • View Profile
« Reply #31601 on: November 22, 2013, 07:26:11 pm »

Haha, nice. I've seen a crafted item with the same last name as the crafter, but never the full name!  Btw, what does the name mean?

Y'know, I don't recall.  I like to think that Kib always wanted a child to carry on his name, but hates children too much to actually try to raise one.  This is a nice compromise. XD
Edangzak Utharsanad Gedor - think you have what it takes?
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!
The ball softly hits Urist McTrainer in the head, breaking the paper-thin skull and denting the non-existent brain!

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31602 on: November 22, 2013, 07:53:08 pm »

I checked out the language files and found the answer.  "Net ObeyRag."

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile
« Reply #31603 on: November 22, 2013, 08:49:27 pm »

one of my legendary axe lords got parahaxed by a great monitor lizard with noxious secretions. before he suffocated, he named the adamantine axe he was wielding. his legacy shall be continued.
We are not evil by choice, but evil by necessity.

NorthSouthWest

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #31604 on: November 22, 2013, 09:06:39 pm »

It seems that there is a violent mob of terrifying Carp in the exact area that my dorfs have designated as the only part of the entire river that they can drink from.

PS: Anybody know how to fix this here problem?
Pages: 1 ... 2105 2106 [2107] 2108 2109 ... 3836