Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2184 2185 [2186] 2187 2188 ... 3836

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5863344 times)

Starweaver396

• Bay Watcher
  • Misplaced
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #32775 on: February 01, 2014, 09:09:33 pm »

Ok people. Yes, you are hungry. Yes, you've been working hard. Yes, you deserve a meal. But there's something more important you should be doing now.
Running for their lives before dying in a horrible fire? XD
That's hysterical.
What happened?

It bugged me that a century old fortress had dwarves that couldn't have kids. So I dug up that script for divorces myself. Title is divorce.lua     
WALL OF TEXT! YOU ARE WARNED!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
...a limbless, headless, bloodless and mutilated dwarf torso that is nevertheless kept alive through benevolent faerie magicks. He is blind, helpless, and in excruciating pain, and yet does not die...
E: I should point out that this is all because of Starweaver giving me inspiration   Aren't you happy with yourself, Starweaver?

Pukako

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32776 on: February 01, 2014, 09:50:29 pm »

My Creeping Zombie Camel is actually providing better security than I get in most forts, and has seen off two Dark Strangler and two Beak Wolf sieges, although the BWs came mounted on Giant Wrens the 2nd time and only one got kicked to death by the Camel.

And my two entrance policy now means only one or two of each migrant wave gets slaughtered. Which is a lot better than before. It's usually anyone who arrives holding a crossbow...

A single squad of goblins finally made it to the map. You could sense them being somewhat worried by the scene of blood, rotting corpses and skeletons and scattered weapons covering the entire upper plateau, but they happily took on the Camel.

Three goblin lashers dead, the rest escaped, and the Camel now has no nose, hump or legs. I've switched my squad over to axes and swords in anticipation that one day, I might have to deal with it.

Meanwhile, a gigantic winged blob of salt and an eyeless stag beetle with venomous spit are the only FBs partying down in the caverns.

Because DF players are heavily into pain.

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #32777 on: February 01, 2014, 10:14:54 pm »

I'm horribly convinced everything in the world that is evil is trying to fight each other over our heads for the billions of dorf-bucks worth of loot lying around up there... that if I ever get my hands on it it'll be melted down and/or left to rot in refuse piles.

Either that or they're arguing over our 2 million worth of food.

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32778 on: February 01, 2014, 10:23:15 pm »

Thanks for that script, Starweaver!

fortydayweekend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32779 on: February 01, 2014, 10:47:42 pm »

A bronze colossus showed up and looking through Legends there's an interesting story unfolding.

The first Queen of the dwarves, Urist Chanceinks, is now a banished necromancer. But back when she was Queen she raised 9 children, most of whom were killed by rampaging megabeasts.

In 13 Alron the colossus comes by and kills the eldest surviving princess, 8-year-old Olon. Then he turns his attention to newborn Zasit, who somehow manages to escape unscathed. Skip forward 71 years and Zasit is a Master Axeman in the new fort of Heavensgorge, with over 200 beast kills.

So I've basically got a deposed Prince who's been wandering the wilderness in self-imposed exile fighting giant cats for decades, who's finally decided to settle down with the wife in a frontier fort, when the monster that killed his sister and tried to kill him as a baby shows up. All that, and Zasit is "quick to anger". There's only one way this can go!

... 3 days later and it's finally over. I let him have a day by himself dodging attacks before sending in the rest of the military to help. The expedition leader got both arms and a foot off with his spear, and it was all downhill from there. Zasit got the finishing move, hacking its head off.

And the worst injury:

Ouch!
The Sea Lamprey bites the Miner in the lower left back teeth and the severed part sails off in an arc!

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32780 on: February 01, 2014, 11:10:21 pm »

And the worst injury:

Ouch!

Careful; that injury is deadly.

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32781 on: February 01, 2014, 11:39:55 pm »

Zasit got the finishing move, hacking its head off.

Now that is some sweet revenge.  It's great when Legends and Fort Modes combine!

ZzarkLinux

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_BUN:#1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32782 on: February 01, 2014, 11:47:42 pm »

Mizore has been possessed > has claimed a craftsdwarfs workshop > has taken metal bars > has taken silk thread > has taken stone blocks > want shells
Uhh ... huh. Farewell, legendary butcher, proficient herbalist. Time to see you from behind these empty walls.

Note To Self: in future zom-barks, bring turtles.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32783 on: February 02, 2014, 12:09:47 am »

The occasional FB will have a shell and if you're lucky, the elves will bring some animal with a shell.

Never had any moods asking for shell since I started playing again.

fortydayweekend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32784 on: February 02, 2014, 12:28:19 am »

Careful; that injury is deadly.

You could be right, he obviously didn't go for any medical attention and dirty cheating DT health mode says it's infected.. and he's very susceptible to disease  :-\

Now that is some sweet revenge.  It's great when Legends and Fort Modes combine!

Having Legends Viewer open definitely makes the trap it/kill it/wait-for-it-to-go-away decision-making easier. If it had been me making the call and I'd lost a dwarf I'd feel bad, but if I have no choice like in this case it's in the Gods' hands. (And seeing as a lot of my dwarves worship Vucar the God of Suicide I have low expectations).
The Sea Lamprey bites the Miner in the lower left back teeth and the severed part sails off in an arc!

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32785 on: February 02, 2014, 01:17:16 am »

~Graniteechoes, Year 3~

Loloksarek is now a barony!

Three new artifacts have been created:

Gambol Shroud has been filled and the second squad, Almace, has been started by Rhyfel; three dwarves are currently enlightened Mace Lords and can train the rest.

Work has begun in exploring and taking control of the lower two caverns, primarily searching for Adamantine (some has been found underwater), magma and the elusive Skythes. One of the Gambol Shroud, 24LIM51 - M2, single-handedly annihilated eleven Creeping Eyes in the third cavern.

Civilian bedrooms are complete except for smoothing the stone. Our Baron and his Consort have their own large room, graced by masterwork engravings and the legendary Webgorged.

Plans are formulating to construct a massive entry complex, with roads made of platinum. We'll see how that goes, but it should attract some level of nobility.

We've captured a Jabberer; it has been trained... but not for combat of course... We're innocent... 0:)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 01:28:27 am by Lolfail0009 »

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32786 on: February 02, 2014, 01:39:51 am »

We've captured a Jabberer; it has been trained... but not for combat of course... We're innocent... 0:)

I wish I had jabberers!

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32787 on: February 02, 2014, 01:45:49 am »

I wish I had jabberers!

I wish there was a level of multiplayer such that we could trade jabberers for platinum, because I only have four bars left after it being my main export  :-[

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PEDANTRY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32788 on: February 02, 2014, 01:52:56 am »

I wish I had jabberers!

I wish there was a level of multiplayer such that we could trade jabberers for platinum, because I only have four bars left after it being my main export  :-[

I have 3493 bars of iron, 467 unrefined magnetite, 149 unrefined hematite, 926 bars of coke, 8 unrefined bituminous coal, and I haven't mined out all of any of that.

Also, 23rd Timber 233 in Laborfords and I'm up to 28 married couples and 1 in-the-works lover's getaway. Also it definitely looks like dwarven incest taboos extend to aunt/uncle-niece/nephew relationships.

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32789 on: February 02, 2014, 02:00:09 am »

-snip-

I have 3493 bars of iron, 467 unrefined magnetite, 149 unrefined hematite, 926 bars of coke, 8 unrefined bituminous coal, and I haven't mined out all of any of that.

Do I have to release the jabberers on that sarcasm, young lady? :P

~Graniteechoes~

A Giant Olm has caused the first injury in the fort. And it was going so well...
Time to set up a hospital.

Edit: Vengeance is sweetest when delivered by chainscythe.
Pages: 1 ... 2184 2185 [2186] 2187 2188 ... 3836