Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2275 2276 [2277] 2278 2279 ... 3836

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5851619 times)

Aristion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #34140 on: April 13, 2014, 10:28:44 am »

Is it possible for clowns to become necromancers? I'm assuming it is due to the learning tag they have.

EDIT: I have know idea what happened. The clown comes with undead siege and is now being attacked by the undead. His profession is prisoner also. It is not a necromancer it seems.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 10:33:03 am by Aristion »
I kept imagining this guy go "By Armok, not the dead roaches! Oh gods the hamsters oh the dwarfmanity!"
Devotes several hours a day making vampires an endangered species.

Serio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34141 on: April 13, 2014, 10:45:59 am »

I've read in an engraving somewhere that my queen is a vampire.
Also I've had a vampire chained for murder. He has gone stark raving mad. I guess he'll sit around in that cell for all of eternity. Or get killed by goblins or a Forgotten Beast or something.
I vote that you keep him chained, locked up and sealed behind a temple of traps. Have your dwarves engrave a warning of what will happen, should he ever be freed.

Aristion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34142 on: April 13, 2014, 11:03:40 am »

I HATE CLOWNS THAT WORK WITH NECROMANCERS!!!!!!!
I kept imagining this guy go "By Armok, not the dead roaches! Oh gods the hamsters oh the dwarfmanity!"

Beast Tamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34143 on: April 13, 2014, 11:12:19 am »

Storytime?
There is currently a minor problem in that the veteran demons fighting in the corpse factory have failed to die in the 2 year battle and have become legendary unkillable gods of war. I may have misjudged this possible outcome.

Aristion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34144 on: April 13, 2014, 11:24:10 am »

Storytime?

Sure. Well the first undead siege was "lead" clown. The undead attack the clown who was labeled as prisoner as his profession. Not long after the dwarf caravan comes and arrives at the depot, he springs from hiding and the announcement used when a necromancer is spotted happens. He is inside the base. I recruit 40 random dwarfs to drive it outside and recall them back. The clown has been beat by a legendary sworddwarf and hammerlord with a crossbow for 2 months straight. Currently no undead from the clown yet.

EDIT: he just left due to injuries.

Beast Tamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34145 on: April 13, 2014, 11:25:53 am »

Sounds a little anticlimatic, how many casualties on your side?
There is currently a minor problem in that the veteran demons fighting in the corpse factory have failed to die in the 2 year battle and have become legendary unkillable gods of war. I may have misjudged this possible outcome.

Aristion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34146 on: April 13, 2014, 11:34:02 am »

10ish only 2nd yr. though. I don't write stories that well. The clown can't raise the dead it seems despite the announcement that came with him when he appeared.

Beast Tamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34147 on: April 13, 2014, 12:09:32 pm »

10ish only 2nd yr. though. I don't write stories that well. The clown can't raise the dead it seems despite the announcement that came with him when he appeared.

How unfortunate, I'd love to face a necromancer clown in open combat.

Aristion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34148 on: April 13, 2014, 12:24:43 pm »

How unfortunate, I'd love to face a necromancer clown in open combat.

He can't raise the dead however. He kills his own minions. I belive he is the ruler of the local town also.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #34149 on: April 13, 2014, 01:52:45 pm »

I think I'm going to throw him in the zombie pit, instead. Those macedwarves were tough as nails, and the marks dwarf was the one who killed the Titan a few years before; they deserved better than being murdered in their beds. Now his zombified victims will have a chance for revenge.
I love any Fortress that has a zombie pit! But, I must give a caution here, in that the zombies in the zombie pit will not attack the accused Dwarf if it really is a vampire.
Unless of course, you just want a vampire in your zombie pit to increase the deadliness factor by that much, or if you want the vampire's only companions to be its murdered victims for the rest of its days.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #34150 on: April 13, 2014, 02:34:00 pm »

An engraving catches my eye:

Blahblahblah pillage blahblah Battle of Murdering blahblah hill of dissappearances.

Enter Legends.

In the early spring of 299, The Common Mirrors attacked The Empire of Gales.  The attackers were led by the dwarf Minkot EnjoyMirrored and the defenders by the merlock Osmost Tiredales.

A: 1121 merlocks, 2853 dwarves, 3 goblins, 5 jabberers, 5 elk birds, 107 losses
D: 1 merlock, no losses.

O . O
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

NeatHedgehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34151 on: April 13, 2014, 02:36:25 pm »

I love any Fortress that has a zombie pit! But, I must give a caution here, in that the zombies in the zombie pit will not attack the accused Dwarf if it really is a vampire.
Unless of course, you just want a vampire in your zombie pit to increase the deadliness factor by that much, or if you want the vampire's only companions to be its murdered victims for the rest of its days.
He won't attack them even after he goes insane from solitary confinement, the way regular dwarves attack each when they go nuts? I knew they wouldn't fight straight away, what with being undead, but I hoped insanity would do it.

If he hadn't killed my most heroic soldiers I'd just wall him up and make him a bookkeeper / lever puller / reserve soldier. I think I have more than one vampire, though. I know this one is responsible for those dwarves because he was coincidentally the only witness to all their deaths.

Serio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34152 on: April 13, 2014, 03:33:46 pm »

Used Fastdwarf to speed up the construction of Paintmagic, since I was lagging behind. Now that the fort is up and running properly, I'm turning my attention to the overall layout.

Paintmagic is constructed around a central room. Top floor has the dormitories suspended between four pillars(yes, dwarves can fall off the ledges). Below the dorms are the workshops and the founder quarter. Nothing is suspended in the space there, however. Below that level are the stockpiles. There's a shortcut from the forges on the workshop level to the metal goods stockpiles, for ease of access. And finally, there's the entrance hall at the lowest floor.

The entrance hall branches off into the deeper mines, and to the living quarters with the dining hall(which, too, features an open roof so those on the entrance hall floor can look into the dining hall).

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34153 on: April 13, 2014, 04:17:29 pm »

I've read in an engraving somewhere that my queen is a vampire.
Also I've had a vampire chained for murder. He has gone stark raving mad. I guess he'll sit around in that cell for all of eternity. Or get killed by goblins or a Forgotten Beast or something.
I vote that you keep him chained, locked up and sealed behind a temple of traps. Have your dwarves engrave a warning of what will happen, should he ever be freed.
No need. His sentence has expired long ago, he still just sits in his cell, doing nothing at all. Also there is no space for traps or anything. The jail area is pretty dense.

I am currently still involved with building the platform for casting the foundation for my first obsidian tower in the river. It's taking ages. 11 FPS aren't helping.
Taste my Paci-Fist

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #34154 on: April 13, 2014, 04:20:16 pm »

He won't attack them even after he goes insane from solitary confinement, the way regular dwarves attack each when they go nuts? I knew they wouldn't fight straight away, what with being undead, but I hoped insanity would do it.
If he goes berserk I reckon he might. Unless he's jaded, a good way to push them to misery is to assign them lots of war dogs and quickly butcher them all.
Pages: 1 ... 2275 2276 [2277] 2278 2279 ... 3836