Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2374 2375 [2376] 2377 2378 ... 3836

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5848438 times)

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #35625 on: July 13, 2014, 11:35:06 am »

My milita just killed two of my animal trainers, along with the goblin general that I wanted to transfer to the zoo.  :o

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35626 on: July 13, 2014, 11:44:02 am »

Yeah, climbing's sort of the kiss of death it seems. I got sudden "you discovered a magma sea" and "praise the miners!" messages when a fisherdwarf went missing with no combat reports. The silly git must've gotten scared and decided to climb into the volcano.

I had animals run in panic from my pasture repeatedly (in .40.01 i think). Can it be they were caused by the butcher's workshop in the middle of the pasture? I definitely slaughtered a yak and probably a sheep there, and right enough, it were the wagon-puller yak and visiting yaks from caravans who kept bolting.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35627 on: July 13, 2014, 11:49:54 am »

Yeah, I have a feeling my first spiral in an exceedingly long time is about to happen. Gard the furnace operator just flipped his shit and tried to murder Yeol (only rescued by a farm hand's timely rescue for the broke ribs Gard inflicted on poor Yoel,) and then went after a member of the militia that wasn't training yet.

With Brosep dead a new Guard captain was needed and someone named Ders was grabbed and told they're in charge of the fortress guard now. One of said guards, Japa, being in the middle of a tantrum. The Planter Zeek finally had enough and went after Uruf, one of our carpenters, delivering broken ribs and a fractured skull. Dwarves are starting to get hurt left and right by the tantrum throwers while floods of disorderly conduct charges (and soon probably general assault and murder charges,) are flooding Ders' new office. Good lord, the hospital is not equipped for this many injured dwarves.

More people are getting angry and... Gods. it's finally going to happen. Not invasion or monsters, but a spiral.

ImagoDeo

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_THINK:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35628 on: July 13, 2014, 11:59:08 am »

I'm down to six dwarves of my starting seven, before the first migrant wave. And I've also discovered the magma sea.

Those two things are related.
What would it be like to live in a world that was copy/pasted? Would we even notice? If not, how many times have we switched celestial harddrives or whatever?

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35629 on: July 13, 2014, 12:00:37 pm »

I've been driven mad by low FPS so I rolled back .34, genned a large 1500 year old world, and am enjoying a nice big fort. Looking forwards to the calender optimization but until then it's just too much.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #35630 on: July 13, 2014, 12:05:05 pm »

I actually kinda like the lower FPS. Makes the game seem much more leisurely.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35631 on: July 13, 2014, 12:13:11 pm »

Oh god it's hilariously terrible. Everyone was piling into the fortress guard barracks to report crimes when Japa went berserk, forcing Kreia to kill him in self defense. Ful's gone axe crazy, Jack's gone insane and is now running around and gibbering nonsense, Frote, Uruf, Jenkum (one of the doctors!) Cauldron, Urist, Rosa, and Driz have all been killed in the ensuing tantrums, and several dwarves are all ganging up on and beating poor Kesti the Furnace Operator. The child Onkri just murdered one of our metalcrafters, and it seems Ursa took her baby and hid in the caverns, and Trame's locked himself in his bedroom to try and save himself.

The only ones who remain largely unaffected are the heavily regimented militadwarves, who've been ordered onto the roof away from the violence for both the safety of their selves and the safety of the tantrumers who may yet be saved if they don't take a swipe at them. The scene has become one of pure bedlam as dwarves angrily punch and bit eachother to death, leaving those injured in the hospital to die and the wounded outside to their fate as punching bags. Talvi and Ders are now the only fortress guards left, Japa and the other (who's name escapes me) having been killed in the rioting. Due to the sheer volume of dead dwarves, a corpse stockpile's been created to avoid miasma, the few dwarves still desperately trying to work and/or maintain order dutifully removing the dead while coffins are produced.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #35632 on: July 13, 2014, 12:27:56 pm »

Fuck.

I recovered from all the bullshit after the giant olm attack, and everyone has generally been pretty happy since then.

Then a werelizard attacked. It tore apart my meager military pretty easily, so I threw migrants at it until it died. Many tantrums followed, and many dwarves were murdered. Some went insane, one went berserk, and one is a werelizard now. A giant mole got in my fort somehow and killed a couple dwarves.

The tantrums aren't stopping. The deaths aren't stopping. This looks like the end.

edit: I can't even build coffins for the dead. My masons keep getting murdered, and anyone who tries to place coffins is getting scared by tantruming people. And somehow they're losing or destroying the coffins.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 12:29:41 pm by penguinofhonor »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35633 on: July 13, 2014, 12:47:37 pm »

All the doctors are dead and the two surviving fortress guards appear to have said "fuck it" and ar on station now only to kill berserkers. Speaking of which, Mayor Rocco went nuts and the would-be baroness Fint flung his ass across half the upper area of the fortress, where he was set upon by the two adult war leopards. Lens has gone missing, which I can only assume means she's buried under dead bodies in the guard barracks, and two children were found dead.

Militadwarf Guin murdered Reast, Mendo, and Karak, and still more dwarves are being killed by the minute. in response to the sheer volume of casualties, Ders abandoned her post and Talvi was ordered to drop her sword and save herself by fleeing milita. With nobody to report crimes to, more dwarves angrily lash out at one another. Another wood burner is found dead in the mess hall, and Kesti is finally killed by a boot to the head from Timd, who also shot and killed the berserk Ful.

Several dwarves and the now dead mayor's pet gibbon die on the stakes, having been pushed off of the lower ramps. Still more surviving militia dwarves, The Orbs of Dawning, flee out into the countryside to wait the horrors out as several other soldiers succumb to the horrible news of spouses or children dying and begin attack anything around them in fits of anger and sadness. Xero is overcome with melancholy and one of the founders of the reclamation, Mar, is driven past the point of sheer madness and begins giggling hysterically at the violence ensuing.

As I type this, Lens is found dead under a pile of discarded clothes, not  all them hers. Several pets are slain by unhappy dwarves, and Guardsdwarf Talvi finally begins to tantrum as well, though mercifully without a sword to kill dorfs by the score with. Fint is locked in her room as she screams and hollers in fury over Guin's murder of her husband, toppling chests full of blank paper and parchment. Timk and Pad, a recently inducted militadwarf are found dead as well. And another named Cryp, pitches a fit and kills Sorc, shocker her commanding officer Affi, who promptly leaves her stomping the dry grass and cursing the air. And with Crypt's actions, it shows now even a few of the milita are starting to succumb to the madness.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35634 on: July 13, 2014, 01:13:29 pm »

I'm suddenly glad that I'm playing 34.11, where tantrum spirals caused by climbing isn't a threat.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Walrusking

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35635 on: July 13, 2014, 01:33:04 pm »

Flooded my last fort due to a rather large misjudging of water pressure. Moving to a new one.

By the way, anyone know what a magma shelter is?

EDIT: Wait... Oh, magma smelter. My mistake.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 01:53:48 pm by Walrusking »

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35636 on: July 13, 2014, 01:46:14 pm »

I actually kinda like the lower FPS. Makes the game seem much more leisurely.

It's too leisurely. I spent an entire day playing preparing to have some !!FUN!! and it never showed up.

ZzarkLinux

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_BUN:#1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35637 on: July 13, 2014, 02:06:52 pm »

Fixed a water accident in my fort. And by accident, I mean forgot to add an intake control to the generator tub. The drainage wasn't sufficient for the aquifer intake, so the waterwheels were gonna overflow unless I took action. I sent 2 miners, 2 mechanics, and 6 masons into the waterwheel area and sealed them inside. The miners dug a temporary drainage pit long enough to wall-up the intake area. Took a lot of effort because the area I wanted to wall would consistently stay at 2/7 water, so I had to use the suspend/resume method of walling aquifers to plug it.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #35638 on: July 13, 2014, 02:35:01 pm »

I got sieged by goblins, they're killing capybara's just because they can.
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

Astrid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35639 on: July 13, 2014, 03:11:51 pm »

I managed to land in a very beautiful embark area with plently iron and coal.
Only problem, there's a waterfall and apparently water doesnt freeze in winter here.

Anyone a ressource cheap solution to block that waterfall either permanently or at will for FPS purpose
if i should ever get that need?
Pages: 1 ... 2374 2375 [2376] 2377 2378 ... 3836