Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2405 2406 [2407] 2408 2409 ... 3836

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5858739 times)

Nikita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #36090 on: July 25, 2014, 02:13:32 pm »

A dwarf fell down the stairs to his death for literally no reason.

Combat report only shows "took the full force of the impact". There was no insanity, no hostiles, no water or lava.

HOW

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36091 on: July 25, 2014, 02:54:39 pm »

New feature. Dwarves can trip and start to fall. Usually it doesn't matter much. But if you fall on a staircase, you fall all the way down

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #36092 on: July 25, 2014, 03:18:40 pm »

Combat report only shows "took the full force of the impact". There was no insanity, no hostiles, no water or lava.

HOW

Pretty sure I had a dwarf do just that on a reclaim fort, but he fell down the shaft to the bottom of the fort... all 80 some levels of it.

Brunste

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36093 on: July 25, 2014, 03:58:07 pm »

HOW

I had a legendary mason randomly trip off a staircase over a cavern and onto a forgotten beast once. I guess falling is common.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36094 on: July 25, 2014, 04:04:20 pm »

There's a troll standing in my hallway. Dwarves are just walking past it. They don't care. Neither does the troll.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Jorn Stones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36095 on: July 25, 2014, 04:05:05 pm »

See, thats the spirit, Dwarfs understand it but humans don't.

Don't feed the troll.

ZzarkLinux

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_BUN:#1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36096 on: July 25, 2014, 04:21:39 pm »

Holy hell, I just learned how dangerous a zombified megabeast head can be. It's like an alligator, but with extra muscles and extra hitpoints. Rips ya limb-from-limb.

It's like one of those turn-based games. When the head's turn comes around, a dwarf's limb disappears. And it doesn't die.

Nikita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36097 on: July 25, 2014, 05:15:45 pm »

I have a single very unhappy dwarf, two recruits with strong throwing tendencies sparring (one of them with previous injuries), a child in a strange mood, and a dwarf caravan with outpost liaison running into a crowd of zombies all at the same time.

This is going to be Fun.

Walrusking

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36098 on: July 25, 2014, 05:29:33 pm »

My embark sit is full of hippos. Would there be any way to domesticate them for sieges?

Andronicus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #36099 on: July 25, 2014, 05:50:14 pm »

things continue in my fortress the population has exceeded 50 and I have had 6 migrant waves so far (where in the hell are they coming from my civilization is dead) my militia commander is nearing legendary skill with the sword, I must prepare the greatest of tombs for him made with the finest of tin. I might even try and see if I can flood it with magma. that will be very fun indeed.

Survivors who had been scattered in the wilderness... Scratching out a pitiful existence until they heard rumors of the last Fortress of their civilization. . .

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36100 on: July 25, 2014, 05:51:19 pm »

New feature. Dwarves can trip and start to fall. Usually it doesn't matter much. But if you fall on a staircase, you fall all the way down
As a heads up, as far as I'm aware, I was joking :P

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #36101 on: July 25, 2014, 06:31:18 pm »

Still, I think a hatch over stairs or a ramp can shut down on a dwarf, and cause them to stumble. Nothing concrete, but I'm sure I've had that happen before.

Nikita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36102 on: July 25, 2014, 06:45:33 pm »

I actually took it seriously >.>

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36103 on: July 25, 2014, 07:00:25 pm »

Pretty sure Dwarves were able to trip or stumble like that in the last version too  ;D

Iapetus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36104 on: July 25, 2014, 07:03:32 pm »

What is happening in my fort?

Undead wandering around nearby, causing my workers to periodically panic, jump over my defensive ditch (i.e. out of the safety the fort), run all the way round the perimeter at incredible speed until they can get back to the entrance, and then carry on as before.

At least that was what was happening, until a undead elved swordsman and an undead dwarf managed to get inside and slaughter all my military and turn everyone else into gibbering wreck.  I've decided to abandon and reclaim.
Engraved on the floor is a well-designed image of a kobold and a carp.  The kobold is making a plaintive gesture.  The carp is laughing.
Pages: 1 ... 2405 2406 [2407] 2408 2409 ... 3836