Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2413 2414 [2415] 2416 2417 ... 3836

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5857828 times)

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #36210 on: July 30, 2014, 09:24:01 am »

All of his kills are male elves from the same location.
He created REVERSE CHINA.
Females outnumber the males, although it's tough to tell because they're elves.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #36211 on: July 30, 2014, 09:26:56 am »

I am currently watching as elvish cites randomly become ruins in world generation. I suppose this is the result of wars with the large numbers of goblins around, but could also be because of humans or dwarves I suppose.

Currently at year 497 of 1050 in a small world, and the average ratio of living to dead figures spiked from 2:1 to way less. Out of 103,000 historical figures so far, 94,400 are dead. Must be either all the goblins I've modded to die of old age around the age of humans but also breed 5 to 10 goblins in one litter who are dying of old age and boosting the nmbers, or there's lots of wars. Maybe both.

EDIT: We have now gone from the Age of Heroes to the Age of the Goblin. Year 650 now, probably changed around year 600. I think I'll have to adjust the goblin litter sizes for future world gens. Despite old age now killing off excess goblins, their population is still overwhelming.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 09:34:02 am by Spehss _ »
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #36212 on: July 30, 2014, 10:36:58 am »

My fortress is boring(and slow) as ever, but I just noticed my baron is a complete badass and wanted to share:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
His military skills are complete rubbish, however.
Something similar happened in Murdermachines, where one dwarf had over a thousand female goblin kills. They called him the worst back-alley abortionist ever.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #36213 on: July 30, 2014, 11:27:17 am »

I had embarked in a forest area, i had to clear a lot of tree to make place for my fortress ideas.
Now i have much more logs than i'll have ever need

Only got 1 wounded, the woodcutter (as i setup a meeting hall underground to avoid stupid dwarves going near a falling tree).
It's strange, because trees are supposed to fall in the opposite direction of the woodcutter, but he was still wounded at some point, fortunately not crippled enough to stop working.

Then suddenly i start to see in the uncleared areas some red smoke floating everywhere.

As i had not embarked on purpose on an evil area, i was wondering what was going on, moving the cursor there, it was leaves.
So much leaves falling all over the map, and to my surprise it didn't impact how smooth the game is at all.
Very nice touch.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #36214 on: July 30, 2014, 11:50:55 am »

Starting a 40.05 fortress with the intent on kickstarting dwarven colonization of a distant mountain range, seeing how my parent civ, the only dwarven civ in the world, has been restricted to a single clump of mountains for 1050 years and are running out of space for new halls.

One of the founders has an interesting personality.
Note to self, appoint her as captain of the fortress guard.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36215 on: July 30, 2014, 11:58:17 am »

One of the founders has an interesting personality.
Note to self, appoint her as captain of the fortress guard.
I don't know why, but I find that pretty funny.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Dantez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36216 on: July 30, 2014, 12:19:47 pm »

So, I am getting my first fotress in 40.05 up and running. Got a nice amount of dwarves, have set up all the necessities and am steadily getting ready to start preparing my military.

Then a werewolf came.

He chased a child that was weeping with terror, and since my dwarves were too busy drinking nobody closed the front gate. The werewolf got inside.

The child miraculously ran away, but I was stuck with a werewolf a couple of floors away from my precious dwarves. I have then decided to make a squad of 10 dwarves equipped with nothing but their beards and righteous fury.

And right when I was ready to sacrifice them to save the rest...the werewolf turned in a dwarven child. They beat the crap out of him. His body got so mangled that three of the soldiers froze in terror after watching what they did to him.

I love this release.
EDIT: After closer inspection of the combat log one of the final hits on the poor thing was a punch so amazing that it literally exploded the child's head. Holy crap.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 12:22:28 pm by Dantez »

Roach

• Bay Watcher
  • [IMMOLATE][LIKES_HUGGING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36217 on: July 30, 2014, 12:28:13 pm »

EDIT: After closer inspection of the combat log one of the final hits on the poor thing was a punch so amazing that it literally exploded the child's head. Holy crap.

Hory shit. Post a screenshot?
How do I do it? Prune juice.

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #36218 on: July 30, 2014, 12:53:35 pm »

The bi-yearly gray langur raid is upon us, so as usual I send my small mixed squad up to deal with it. My hammerdwarf just had a baby, so she's still getting used to that.

She finds a gray langur, goes into a full sprint and straight-up drops her baby on the floor to get some extra speed. And after slaughtering most of the langurs, she just picks her baby back up. No big deal.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

Dantez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36219 on: July 30, 2014, 01:05:48 pm »

Hory shit. Post a screenshot?

Alright. This is the combat log that has the most important fighting done by a certain dwarf called Oddom Sterusthíkut. I have to mention this because a) the rest of the dwarves mainly watched or threw a punch here and there, nothing significant and b) because I use DT and my profession name replaces the usual stuffs.

warwizard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36220 on: July 30, 2014, 03:14:57 pm »

cumulative damage causes even the last light tap to cause explodes into gore I've seen that report several times after the tgt was unconcious and getting beaten for several pages.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #36221 on: July 30, 2014, 04:18:18 pm »

For some reason, my manager has a grudge against a stray porcupine.
I now have this image in my head of a dwarf finding a porcupine curled up in his bed. After lying down.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #36222 on: July 30, 2014, 05:32:38 pm »

Dang it. Goblin bandits showed up, and caught a mason on the ramparts who dodged into a murky pit and was speared in the skull by a pikegoblin.

The two axedwarves thoroughly gutted the Armok-loving hell out of all 7 goblins though. Langur stole half the iron equipment the goblins dropped, so I'm going to melt down the random steel stuff migrants have been coming with for better weapons.

I might have to set up a bolt separation chamber and put a few other methods into action to get something resembling decent gear. Bone, leather and bronze won't be enough.

sculleywr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36223 on: July 30, 2014, 06:32:48 pm »

So, I am getting my first fotress in 40.05 up and running. Got a nice amount of dwarves, have set up all the necessities and am steadily getting ready to start preparing my military.

Then a werewolf came.

He chased a child that was weeping with terror, and since my dwarves were too busy drinking nobody closed the front gate. The werewolf got inside.

The child miraculously ran away, but I was stuck with a werewolf a couple of floors away from my precious dwarves. I have then decided to make a squad of 10 dwarves equipped with nothing but their beards and righteous fury.

And right when I was ready to sacrifice them to save the rest...the werewolf turned in a dwarven child. They beat the crap out of him. His body got so mangled that three of the soldiers froze in terror after watching what they did to him.

I love this release.

Were things modded to have critical hits in this one? Because I was looking at the report for my last failed fortress (failed epically and quickly to two back to back 20+ legendary goblin sieges in two years. I don't know what I did there o.o), and my novice marksdwarf got a shot that hit the lead goblin (who was riding a voracious cave crawler) through the eye, snatching the entire head off its body and throwing it across the room.

PSA: This is why you always wear your helmet children. You may take an arrow to the eye!
I had one get happy again... After producing a bed made from their own husband's body.
I once  had a fort called paddledbottom in the plains of spanking founded by the painful punishment
And so, in a thread about cointainers with usele

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile
« Reply #36224 on: July 30, 2014, 06:47:20 pm »

I just caught a GCS in year 1! the first cavern in my new fort was really close to the surface (5 z lvls I think)

still don't know what to do with it as I am waiting for more migrants to set up a proper army. Right now I'm still setting up the basic workshops needed to function.
We are not evil by choice, but evil by necessity.
Pages: 1 ... 2413 2414 [2415] 2416 2417 ... 3836