Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2424 2425 [2426] 2427 2428 ... 3836

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5854215 times)

heritage727

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #36375 on: August 05, 2014, 11:26:26 am »

Started seeing a new bug in 40.06: many births with a baby cap of 0:0.  I haven't had a birth in a fort since 34.07->40.05, now.. births all over the damned place, and no-one is even marriage.  It's like the dwarves are arriving pregnant and just popping them out like clown cars.

It likely has to do with the BABY and CHILD requirements for breeding being removed, which makes reproduction wonky and not follow relationships at all...

That said, I could see bastards being implemented as a feature, when the romance arc starts (obviously not in a broken way like this)

Whatever it is, it's out of hand. I have a cap of [10,20], but I have 17 adults and 13 babies. Also, of the 17 adults 8 are attending a party, 2 are on break, and one is passed out asleep. Meanwhile, there's a caravan waiting at the depot and a list of jobs not getting done. Yes, it's party, party, party at Mirroredquake, a fortress of short, dissolute creatures fond of drink and sex.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #36376 on: August 05, 2014, 11:52:50 am »

So this happened. He's currently curled up in the refuse stockpile crying at all the dead elf corpses and bones. Guess I'll need to set up a separate refuse stockpile to store all the dead bodies.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Aristion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36377 on: August 05, 2014, 11:58:29 am »

Has anyone noticed that undead creatures on terrifying biomes do not move at all even when they are non flying animals?
I kept imagining this guy go "By Armok, not the dead roaches! Oh gods the hamsters oh the dwarfmanity!"
Devotes several hours a day making vampires an endangered species.

Agent_Irons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36378 on: August 05, 2014, 12:19:18 pm »

Has anyone noticed that undead creatures on terrifying biomes do not move at all even when they are non flying animals?
I saw some move a little bit, but that might have just been dodging random potshots from my militia.

samanato

• Bay Watcher
  • @ Gardevoirite
    • View Profile
« Reply #36379 on: August 05, 2014, 12:43:21 pm »

Whatever it is, it's out of hand. I have a cap of [10,20], but I have 17 adults and 13 babies. Also, of the 17 adults 8 are attending a party, 2 are on break, and one is passed out asleep. Meanwhile, there's a caravan waiting at the depot and a list of jobs not getting done. Yes, it's party, party, party at Mirroredquake, a fortress of short, dissolute creatures fond of drink and sex.

Looks like it's fixed for the next version.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #36380 on: August 05, 2014, 01:06:38 pm »

...speaking of that, Shotfists had its first child born in the fortress. One of the founders gave birth to a boy despite having no marriage or lover. Ha, the first child of the fort is a bastard child born from one of the founding farmers and one of the founding miners. Classy.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36381 on: August 05, 2014, 01:10:05 pm »

Late summer of the first year, 12 dwarves, vile force of darkness.

Clearly the 3 military dwarves I have had training since embark weren't quite ready, as two of them were dropped almost immediately. The remaining spear dwarf then got beat on for a minute while the other dwarves and livestock were slaughtered. Then, after getting a foot cut off, he went into a trance and swiftly killed the remaining 7 Goblins that had surrounded him. Those 7 being his only kills out of the initial 9 attackers.

He then went melancholy and wandered the map until dieing of dehydration.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36382 on: August 05, 2014, 02:40:39 pm »

Two dwarves have been drained of blood. Once I find it, I intend to wall it in, so I need to dig out some special rooms for that. Mostly recovered from the booze shortage, without much difficulty-only four more dwarves died of dehydration, although one of those was due to him going insane. Other than that, not much FUN. Winter is upon us.
                                                       -Late Autumn, 113
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 08:41:41 pm by Wolfhunter107 »
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Aristion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36383 on: August 05, 2014, 02:45:55 pm »

Why do you people go and live your username after you finish writing something? It is to the left of your post.
I kept imagining this guy go "By Armok, not the dead roaches! Oh gods the hamsters oh the dwarfmanity!"

BenLubar

• Bay Watcher
  • [BODY:HUMANOID_LEGLESS_6ARMS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36384 on: August 05, 2014, 03:04:55 pm »

My fortress crumbled after its first siege. I went to look at why it was attacked, but the legends view says:

"The War of Fierceness was waged by The Cruelties of Focusing on The Walls of Discovery. The causes of the conflict are debated by scholars and very little is truly known."

The war consists of a bunch of goblins taking over sites I didn't know existed near my fort and then coming to my fort, killing 23 of my 29 dwarves (the remaining ones died soon after), taking no losses, and somehow losing the battle.

Aristion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36385 on: August 05, 2014, 03:11:42 pm »

Your warfs or the goblin invaders? That lost, that is.

Walrusking

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36386 on: August 05, 2014, 03:15:34 pm »

I'm now convinced some of my dwarves are part of a cult. Engravings and artefacts show the same hydra killing an elf or a goblin.

BenLubar

• Bay Watcher
  • [BODY:HUMANOID_LEGLESS_6ARMS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36387 on: August 05, 2014, 03:20:35 pm »

The goblins are listed as "A: 1 goblin, 0 losses" and my dwarves are listed as "D: 29 dwarves, 23 losses" and it says "defender was victorious"

Urist McLaptop

• Bay Watcher
  • dwarven child care=!!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36388 on: August 05, 2014, 03:33:08 pm »

I had a dragon break into my fort and start melting all of my dwarves. the only military dwarf that wasn't injured by the dang unicorns I tried to get him to be cannon fodder so that the rest of the dwarves could run and hide. I had forgotten that he was carrying an adamantine sword and iron shield. So the little fucker charges through the dragon fire AND LOPS OFF THE DRAGON'S HEAD IN ONE SWIPE. I renamed him Ronnie James Dio and changed his profession to dragon slayer. He now has an entire armory of adamantine and a room that's better than a king's would be. Sounds like something from a movie.
Legend tells of a fort besieged by a dragon. When 79 brave recruits fell to its breath, the last dwarf of the fort took up arms. He sprung from his sickbed and claimed an adamant one sword before he bulrushes the dragon. A clean swipe severs the head. But the dragon claws him in the lower body and burns him alive. As he melts into a pile of booze and fat, I rename him Ronnie James Dio and change his profession to dragonslayer. He will forever be immortalized and worshipped as a dragonslayer God.

Aristion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36389 on: August 05, 2014, 03:44:23 pm »

The goblins are listed as "A: 1 goblin, 0 losses" and my dwarves are listed as "D: 29 dwarves, 23 losses" and it says "defender was victorious"

Might be a bug then.
Pages: 1 ... 2424 2425 [2426] 2427 2428 ... 3836