Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2469 2470 [2471] 2472 2473 ... 3835

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5789063 times)

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #37050 on: September 09, 2014, 04:43:57 pm »

How'd you get a guy that strong?
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #37051 on: September 09, 2014, 04:49:11 pm »

He came to use with decent stats, but he's been hurt so many times, I stopped counting.  He's typically heals broken bones on site before dehydrating and goes back to work.  Besides that he spent a year on pump-duty, and is a permanent military member.  No friends, no family.

Maybe wrestling zombies and setting your own bones makes you stronger?  Also that one time he got pincushioned with about 40 arrows
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 04:50:54 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37052 on: September 09, 2014, 06:05:57 pm »

He came to use with decent stats, but he's been hurt so many times, I stopped counting.  He's typically heals broken bones on site before dehydrating and goes back to work.  Besides that he spent a year on pump-duty, and is a permanent military member.  No friends, no family.

Maybe wrestling zombies and setting your own bones makes you stronger?  Also that one time he got pincushioned with about 40 arrows
Maybe being 95% scar tissue helps with being tough.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37053 on: September 09, 2014, 06:20:00 pm »

That death from dehydration led to a tantrum spiral, time to send out the reclaim. First thing I notice? The previous expedition's wagon turned into a dead alligator.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 07:02:22 pm by Wolfhunter107 »
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Ganb

• Bay Watcher
  • Beast Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #37054 on: September 09, 2014, 06:23:01 pm »

A giantess showed up and charged my fort. I tried to hurry and set a cage trap, but she caught a jeweler and two farmers who proceeded to have a WWE style brawl that ended in the Giantess running around yelling 'Help, save me!'.
You need to find the most exotic animal pet you can, and then breed a war party of them. Have a beastmaster as your only guardian, wrapped in adamantium with a platinum war hammer that is backed by savage giant beasts from around the world.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #37055 on: September 09, 2014, 06:34:23 pm »

The real question is, what do I do with him now?  There are several options:

-Keep him as militia commander in full service.
-Keep him as our grizzled vet.  Let him met some dwarves and marry.
-Keep him as an internal enforcer.
-Retire him to civ duty/reserve squads.
-suicide him against other FBs and such.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37056 on: September 09, 2014, 06:48:15 pm »

Sounds like a good candidate to lead a squad of recruits and train them up nicely.
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37057 on: September 09, 2014, 07:04:49 pm »

The real question is, what do I do with him now?  There are several options:

-Keep him as militia commander in full service.
-Keep him as our grizzled vet.  Let him met some dwarves and marry.
-Keep him as an internal enforcer.
-Retire him to civ duty/reserve squads.
-suicide him against other FBs and such.
He's too strong to discard of against an FB. What's his weapon skill? I'd say make him train weapon masters and make him your sheriff and hammerer. If you don't want a guilty Dwarf to die, switch the noble's position with a worse fighter. I wouldn't send him out to battle against normal foes, only he gravest of threats. There are so many options. You don't have to just pick one.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #37058 on: September 09, 2014, 07:55:15 pm »

Started playing DF in earnest again. My current fort is a project I wanted to do back in .34, which is seeing how high a population I can get. The fort is optimized for FPS, with an emphasis on tight, vertical contruction. Imma do this the hard way, with temp on and without modding out superfluous clothing. I'll just have to wait for migrants' clothing to decay, so that they can wear the bare minimum. The floor plan for pretty much every level is the same. Current population is 16, but we'll be able to hold hundreds.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37059 on: September 10, 2014, 09:01:02 am »

Finally got a chance to reclaim my fort. Apparently the gobbers had simply trashed the place and left; I thought they'd stick around.

Cleanup lasted until about late autumn with fastdwarf enabled. Now for the Divine Fortification to begin burying the dead from the Scarlet Devil. Which means many, many coffins... ((Burying not slabbing because I don't like leaving inedible corpses around being inedible.))

Edit: Mother fuck.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 09:08:03 am by Lolfail0009 »

cyberTripping

• Bay Watcher
  • JPEG Artifactoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #37060 on: September 10, 2014, 10:20:26 am »

Scarlet Devil

A small humanoid with wings. Beware its deadly spell cards!
Everything's in the news today

Segek

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #37061 on: September 10, 2014, 10:50:58 am »

Just went out of a tantrum spiral.
After the latest 'mining accident' every dwarf in the fort started breaking furniture and punching each other.This until a mason freed some full-armored goblins from the archery practice room..

The only surivor is a jeweler that was locked into his room working on a perfect jem..

Now he's ecstasic..
running around cleaning the blood/vomit stains and placing in the catacombs the other 110 citizens..
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 10:54:29 am by Segek »

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #37062 on: September 10, 2014, 11:43:06 am »

Update on Packedcity:

The 3-man professional military has been training constantly for the past year-and-a-half. Two speardwarves and a swordsdwarf, they're all legendary fighters, and one of the speardwarves is a legendary speardwarf too. I had 9 novice or better crossbowdwarves in one migrant wave, so we have a squad of archers too.

Current population is 60+, everyone is happy. No humans, so I shall have to content myself with pissing off the elves. Haven't seen any gobboes yet, but we had an ambush of kobolds. The current quarters can hold every dwarf in the place, and if I expand the current pattern down a few levels, I'll be able to support hundreds of dwarves.

Work has begun on the clothing factory, even before we get our first crop of pig tails.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Tacomagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Proud Sir Wordy McWordiness at your service.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37063 on: September 10, 2014, 12:25:13 pm »

I come to sing to you today the ballad of Cloisterproblem:

The seven embarked on a journey this day
To dig the far mountains of-
Wait, is that a an aligato- OH MY GOD MY FACE!

And thus ends the ballad of Cloisterproblem.

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37064 on: September 10, 2014, 01:51:01 pm »

Accidentally captured troop of bonobos keeps putting out new babies while still in their cages. Also, one solitary unicorn managed to have a foal in her cage. I thought they weren't supposed to be able to do that.

Looks like it'll be bonobo roast on the menu then... otherwise bonobosplosion will kill the rest of my FPS of 7.
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?
Pages: 1 ... 2469 2470 [2471] 2472 2473 ... 3835