Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2577 2578 [2579] 2580 2581 ... 3836

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5861310 times)

Thor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #38670 on: December 21, 2014, 02:20:30 pm »

A series of crashes have set me back 5 years.
Learn to save often, kids!

but the "re-do" has allowed me to redesign several aspects of the fortress, including building much lower down than usual for access to delicious natural marble floors.

Praise be to Marble.
Heroes Of My World.
Astesh Delightinks the Pungent Trust of Towers

DreamCarver

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels breath: Seeking infant.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38671 on: December 21, 2014, 03:45:58 pm »

Cosmosslings enters its ninth year. The perimeter wall is being fully outfitted with traps, and kitten sentries are being posted along the top. With the completion of the magma chamber surface-side, armor and weaponry flows freely. The few dwarves in a foul mood have been taken into account, and military shifts have been changed to become an on/off of one month at a time. The secondary Depot is finished (too many bad encounters with ambushes over the years have led to the need for another), and the sub-river access tunnel is ready to take out any intruders.

A Forgotten Beast in the form of a mayfly came to visit this past winter. Taken out with no losses, but the clouds of dust it breathed caused mass vomiting among the militia. Thankfully, the full effects were non-lethal, and so far, non-contagious. No one has volunteered to clean up the pools of bile, though.

The state of disarray the stockpile level is in is almost distressing. Categorization is high on the list of priorities. First comes the wall. Then comes the internals.
"Anything man can imagine is a possibility in reality."
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?
I just found a barrel which contained a wheelbarrow. Inside the wheelbarrow was another barrel. I don't even understand how that is possible.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #38672 on: December 21, 2014, 10:05:16 pm »

I got some tamed wild animals in my pastures. But some kinds used tiles from doren cittermen and they looked too big comparing to their phoebus conterparts. So I copied some similar animals form phoebus animal set and edited them. So now I won't get startled like, "Wow, a giant bear! Oh, it's just a sloth bear.", or, "Holy ****, a group of white wraiths! Oh, they are just gray langurs."

Aardvark

Black bear --> Sloth bear
-->
Jaguar --> Bobcat
-->
Fox --> Red panda
-->
Rhesus --> Gray langur
-->
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Hielkeoh

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Moi
    • View Profile
« Reply #38673 on: December 22, 2014, 02:45:28 am »

A series of crashes have set me back 5 years.
Learn to save often, kids!

Same here.. it's a crashfest around here.

Thor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38674 on: December 22, 2014, 07:39:13 am »

Welp, despite the best efforts of my one hundred dwarf strong military, FatalMine is now the home of a Hill titan entirely composed of coral.

If only I had constructed the walls six blocks high instead of five.
Heroes Of My World.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #38675 on: December 22, 2014, 07:41:54 am »

What, 100 vs 1 and still lose? :o
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Thor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38676 on: December 22, 2014, 07:56:10 am »

Through an act of profound luck, the fortress somehow survived. A migrant wave occured just before the last hospital bound victim was crushed beneath the titan. The fortress is now sealed, with an angry titan inside, while 17 fresh faced migrants clean up an awful miasma of corpse and flesh.

And I was so sure it was over!
Heroes Of My World.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38677 on: December 22, 2014, 08:13:53 am »

Coral's pretty strong as far as FB's/titans goes. Yet the last beast made of coral i met was killed without fuss by a few military dwarves. (Though, it was in 0.31)

Welp, despite the best efforts of my one hundred dwarf strong military, FatalMine is now the home of a Hill titan entirely composed of coral.

If only I had constructed the walls six blocks high instead of five.

No magma moat ? How is your military equipped ?

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #38678 on: December 22, 2014, 08:15:33 am »

Well you were unlucky, otherwise a well-trained dorf should be able to decapitate the titan.  :P
Anyway, be ware of ghosts if you can't reach the corpses.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38679 on: December 22, 2014, 08:18:08 am »

Well you were unlucky, otherwise a well-trained dorf should be able to decapitate the titan.  :P
Anyway, be aware of ghosts if you can't reach the corpses.

Memorial slabs, duh.

Thor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38680 on: December 22, 2014, 08:24:18 am »

Coral's pretty strong as far as FB's/titans goes. Yet the last beast made of coral i met was killed without fuss by a few military dwarves. (Though, it was in 0.31)

No magma moat ? How is your military equipped ?

No magma moat, The dwarves were prepared for a Mockery war with the Elves. All were equipped with wooden arms, fighting in an area composed of wood. It might have been funny if the Hill Titan hadn't popped up.
Heroes Of My World.

Wooster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38681 on: December 22, 2014, 08:57:00 am »

Just my luck. I embarked with two sows and a boar. One of the sows is asexual, and the boar is gay. It's been two years, and I've only just twigged that I didn't have lots of little piglets to turn into tasty, tasty bacon.
Unofficial Lazy Newb Pack 43.03, Dwarf Mode only
Favourite utilities, mods and hacks: TWBT and Stockpile Settings Management; Masterwork Dwarf Fortress
Ubuntu 14.04 / Mint 17

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38682 on: December 22, 2014, 09:06:24 am »

Just my luck. I embarked with two sows and a boar. One of the sows is asexual, and the boar is gay. It's been two years, and I've only just twigged that I didn't have lots of little piglets to turn into tasty, tasty bacon.
Piggies have sexuality tags too?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #38683 on: December 22, 2014, 09:12:01 am »

My miner and a bone carver has been in love for years and they still won't get married.
Well actually they are the only couple among my seven dorfs(2 are asexual and the other two hate each other)...
Now I have locked them in one room to see if that changes things a bit.

The problem is, the bone carver is already 90 years old. I wonder if she can still have children.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38684 on: December 22, 2014, 09:12:09 am »

The dwarves were prepared for a Mockery war with the Elves. All were equipped with wooden arms

That explains it. Wooden weapons, unsurprisingly, can't harm coral, nor anything else really.
Pages: 1 ... 2577 2578 [2579] 2580 2581 ... 3836