Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2626 2627 [2628] 2629 2630 ... 3603

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 3087092 times)

damnit,urist,youhadonejob

• Bay Watcher
  • ugh don't build your self on that side of the wall
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #39405 on: January 27, 2015, 02:29:58 am »

Leaf and fruit item spatters. I recommend using large address aware and df hack's clean map item command to compensate where needed.
weird part was i had done that, it was one of the first things i did. the cleaning that is
whats large address aware and how do i use it?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39406 on: January 27, 2015, 02:47:34 am »

Leaf and fruit item spatters. I recommend using large address aware and df hack's clean map item command to compensate where needed.
weird part was i had done that, it was one of the first things i did. the cleaning that is
whats large address aware and how do i use it?

Just look it up, download, and enable it on the dwarf fortress .exe if you got plenty of RAM. Simple enough and it's keeping my games at roughly 34.11 levels. Very roughly.

Borge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39407 on: January 27, 2015, 04:50:29 am »

Heck yes! My adventurer just arrived in my fortress. Also with a Hydra tooth crown. Although he is missing his Steel two-handed sword i will give him the finest gear available. He will be grand champion and live better than the king.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

damnit,urist,youhadonejob

• Bay Watcher
  • ugh don't build your self on that side of the wall
    • View Profile
« Reply #39408 on: January 27, 2015, 06:43:50 am »

trying to figure out two things at the moment. two necromancers keep trying to sneak into my fortress, and everytime i get a siege, the game pauses and when i unpause the game the siege is gone.

NeatHedgehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39409 on: January 27, 2015, 09:25:45 am »

Gangtours has come into a golden (or perhaps silver) age in its third year.

The militia has been recycled several times. They have been wiped out by eagle corpses and undead mountain goats before they could be trained properly to deal with such threats. Worst of all was an undead cobra which succeeded in killing two squads of armed and armored dwarves, one squad melee, the others marksdwarves. He was finally crushed to death by a drawbridge.

Fortunately more suicidal migrants kept appearing each season, swelling the fortress numbers to 135. With so much man, er, dwarfpower, available, the outer walls are now fully constructed. Instead of fortifications atop the multi-z-level walls, they are lined with weapon traps and the tiles just inside the walls are lined with spike traps. If a siege proves too mighty, the main tunnel gate can be shut underground, and hostile traffic diverted through the hall of death.

Metals seem to be scarce, despite what the embark screen said. Lots of silver, though. So Gangtours will become known for its squads of silver-hammered hammer lords.

The last eagle corpse was easily wiped off the map by the now combat-hardened troops. The days of random undead trash earning names of respect by killing dozens of civilians and soldiers seem to be at an end. It has been... oh, several days, at least, since a new tomb has been dug.

The hunters are free to roam about, killing elephants and cassowaries. The most proficient hunter was rewarded with a hunting leopard from the last elven caravan which has helped increase the meat stores of the fortress to record numbers. Food and drink now flow like rivers from the kitchens as they work around the clock to produce only the most exquisite delicacies.

Now we just need to expand the army a bit more and wait something deadly to come along to test the might of the fortress.

Kuikka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39410 on: January 27, 2015, 09:29:36 am »

trying to figure out two things at the moment. two necromancers keep trying to sneak into my fortress, and everytime i get a siege, the game pauses and when i unpause the game the siege is gone.

Yep, I have seen that happening as well. I thought they suddenly enter stealth mode but nope, they apparently just leave the area.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #39411 on: January 27, 2015, 09:49:14 am »

My fort has been made a barony.

This is the weapon of my outpost liaison.

The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #39412 on: January 27, 2015, 11:14:20 am »

Is that the one that killed off your starting seven?

It's kinda cool. Gives the world backstory.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Tu jee, veerey / Toofano se lad ke [Fight, brave one / Fight those internal storms and]
Tu jeet, veerey / Zakhmo se bhid kar bhi tu [Win, brave one / Weather those wounds and]
Firse uthega yaara [Rise once again]

Mel lives again! Fight monsters; fight crime; fight compound interest...

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #39413 on: January 27, 2015, 11:52:17 am »

Yeah, it is.

Well, the human caravan had been on my map for over 1 year. Their civilization had been conquered so I guess that was why they couldn't leave the map.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39414 on: January 27, 2015, 01:33:05 pm »

I'm thinking about going back to 34.11 for a while. By the time I get a decent fortress going the FPS is so low I can't enjoy sieges.

Urist Tilaturist

• Bay Watcher
  • The most dwarven name possible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39415 on: January 27, 2015, 02:04:58 pm »

I'm thinking about going back to 34.11 for a while. By the time I get a decent fortress going the FPS is so low I can't enjoy sieges.

Unless you are using Masterwork, 34.11 is such a regression that it does not seem worthwhile to go back. Have you tried setting processor priority higher, atom smashing refuse, not having too many animals, and other standard fix attempts?
On the item is an image of a dwarf and an elephant. The elephant is striking down the dwarf.

For old times' sake.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39416 on: January 27, 2015, 02:15:13 pm »

Unless you are using Masterwork, 34.11 is such a regression that it does not seem worthwhile to go back. Have you tried setting processor priority higher, atom smashing refuse, not having too many animals, and other standard fix attempts?

Yep. Barely playable.

I'm trying masterwork again but I lost interest in it with all the changes.

Urist Tilaturist

• Bay Watcher
  • The most dwarven name possible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39417 on: January 27, 2015, 02:44:24 pm »

What is your CPU?
On the item is an image of a dwarf and an elephant. The elephant is striking down the dwarf.

For old times' sake.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39418 on: January 27, 2015, 03:06:11 pm »

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39419 on: January 27, 2015, 04:04:48 pm »

As slow as it is I am enjoying the new flanking tactics. Managed to preform a pincer manuver on the last siege and slaughter them with no casualties.
Pages: 1 ... 2626 2627 [2628] 2629 2630 ... 3603