Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2630 2631 [2632] 2633 2634 ... 3835

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5788347 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #39465 on: February 01, 2015, 11:56:38 am »

A kobold thief! There is a God!

So far so good for the Tower of Dust*.

I should build fortifications from ash...

*Well, clay.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

TheKaspa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39466 on: February 01, 2015, 12:28:26 pm »

For once, a useful mayor. Well, at least he keeps demanding quivers in a fort where I am going full marksdwarves, he bans quiver exportation and managed to realize a masterwork!
Tai'shar DwarfFortress

I've heard Minecart Airlines Express offers nice trips to nobility. Alternative trips include a voyage over the volcano. Call 1-800-I-THE-GUINEAPIG-VOLUNTEER and book now!
My fucking armok, you broke the game.

Urist Tilaturist

• Bay Watcher
  • The most dwarven name possible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39467 on: February 01, 2015, 02:27:06 pm »

It's not that I don't have the means to kill him I just forget which one it was

I remember it was a noble so I gathered all the nobles in the baroness's room and caved in the roof
Then retired the fort because it was going to hell
Might return to it in a few years

Just use Dwarf Therapist, or a pencil and paper.
On the item is an image of a dwarf and an elephant. The elephant is striking down the dwarf.

For old times' sake.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #39468 on: February 01, 2015, 02:46:25 pm »

Well I didn't even think to write it down and it's too late now
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

taptap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39469 on: February 01, 2015, 03:35:49 pm »

My first ever accident with minecart aided swimming school in over a decade. A new recruit decided to go swimming nonetheless and was found with an open fracture and mangled leg at the end station (that is duly covered with a hatch cover to avoid accident). Apparently she decided to change cloth during the ride and let the leg hang out to get off the greaves.

Chaoseed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Chaoseed Software
« Reply #39470 on: February 01, 2015, 04:35:43 pm »

I would love to see bone weapons
Like clubs and spears, it would be great for a starter military
Or a caveman fort

That sounds pretty cool. It'd also be cool if you randomly found ☼obsidian monoliths☼ on your map.
Surprisepalace! Overseers wanted!
But they never would have given up either. And compared to sitting around in this prison for the rest of my life? Losing is fun.

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39471 on: February 01, 2015, 04:39:11 pm »

Relicshield, Pop. 187
Late Autumn of 362 (Year 111)

Tekkud Swifttongs, a dwarven merchant, was attacked by a goblin master thief while visiting the capital.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Luckily, Deler Anguishpages, Captain of the South Watch, took care of the thief and saved Tekkud's life. 

With health care only provided for fortress citizens, an emergency migration waiver was signed, granting immediate citizenship to Tekkud.  Unlike the last time, the new citizen survived her injuries.

While Tekkud rested, one of the caravan guards, Zulban Bookpacked, refused to leave her side.

Citizenship was granted to him, as well, though there may have been some clerical errors with his paperwork...

(Be careful with tweak makeowned and make sure to create a backup savegame before using it, unlike me! While Tekkud's change in status was fine, Zulban has caused a few issues.  He shows up in the unit list, but his bio doesn't recognize him as a citizen of Relicshield.  He can't be added to the military and he also causes Dwarf Therapist to crash, which I confirmed with a parallel saved game where I removed him from the fortress. Luckily, a much older version of DT works.)

Urist Tilaturist

• Bay Watcher
  • The most dwarven name possible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39472 on: February 01, 2015, 06:26:32 pm »

Well I didn't even think to write it down and it's too late now

Do you use dwarf therapist?
On the item is an image of a dwarf and an elephant. The elephant is striking down the dwarf.

For old times' sake.

Durin01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39473 on: February 01, 2015, 08:05:20 pm »

10th Slate 1053 Mid-Spring
3 years after founding Lebeslibash Gatalgostanggeshud Katdir "Apexaxes the Awe-inspiring Fortress of Glimmer" (population 93 / wealth 1,439,402 / no Barons, Counts ect)
the Goblin Queen Mafol Workerbodice (of the Dwarven civilization "The Sunken Walls") died after being slain by the human Asno Liefrothed (part of the goblin civilization "The Blowing Hatred")
when Granitecave the Mountainhome and only other settlement of "The Sunken Walls" was conquered by "The Blowing Hatred".

Making Asno Liefrothed the Overlord of "The Demon of Shadow" the goblin bandit gang and new goverment in Granitcave.

Iton Dwellgaze a female Legendary+1 grower Dwarf and citizen of Apexaxes became the new Queen.

Also Apexaxes is currently under siege also by "The Blowing Hatred" (36 Goblins and 5 Trolls)

THIS is what is going on in my fort...

I am playing DF for a month now, and have no idea what to do / expect to happen now. The Queen wants royal accommidations (duh!) and the best I have are decent ones from my mayor.
When I view my civ I only have a general and a baroness (of Granitecave?) besides my queen. Both not in my Fortress. No Liason or anything else. What about trading? Will there be dwarven caravans coming? Are Dwarven civs known to conquer any holdings back?

Since this is the final holding of my civ I guess I should use my volcano and start working on a final magma solution to make it safe.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 08:08:44 pm by Durin01 »

Urist McShire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39474 on: February 01, 2015, 08:08:55 pm »

Ooh, that might be a tough one to call. You might get one more migrant wave of survivors from Granitecave, but I think you're on your own now unless you've got friendly elf and human civilizations in the area.

Durin01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39475 on: February 01, 2015, 08:11:50 pm »

I have humans that trade with me. (When I am not under siege that is^^)

Also did I mention that I think I only have native Copper, Gold, and Galena (lead/silver) on my map? Didn't find any iron whatsoever.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 08:17:04 pm by Durin01 »

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39476 on: February 01, 2015, 08:16:56 pm »

My dream embark has just been ruined.... by the ascension of the King :'(  Of the 3 Dwarven Civs available, I had to pick the one that is nigh extinct.  I rushed to complete a spacious room that would double as his mausoleum, but my Craftdwarfship simply isn't high enough to produce the needed value, no matter how high the quantity of stuff I add.  Within the space of a month, he has mandated 2 Large Gems, 2 orders of 3/3 Anvils, and forbidden the export of Anvils.  He is modestly happy now, but I can see the decline in progress.  Couple with the fact that my first migration wave produced a grand total of 3 Dorfs, I decided to spare myself the misery.  Really really wish I had kept a seed or other backup save of this world.  Blah :(

Durin01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39477 on: February 01, 2015, 08:22:41 pm »

My dream embark has just been ruined.... by the ascension of the King :'(  Of the 3 Dwarven Civs available, I had to pick the one that is nigh extinct.  I rushed to complete a spacious room that would double as his mausoleum, but my Craftdwarfship simply isn't high enough to produce the needed value, no matter how high the quantity of stuff I add.  Within the space of a month, he has mandated 2 Large Gems, 2 orders of 3/3 Anvils, and forbidden the export of Anvils.  He is modestly happy now, but I can see the decline in progress.  Couple with the fact that my first migration wave produced a grand total of 3 Dorfs, I decided to spare myself the misery.  Really really wish I had kept a seed or other backup save of this world.  Blah :(

Try making golden furniture encrusted with gems? I am going to try that for my queen I got stuck with...

NeatHedgehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39478 on: February 01, 2015, 08:29:15 pm »

Things are going well for The Admired Salves of the Weak Picks, the settlers of Gangtours the Scales of Hay.

They buy all but entire caravans when they come to trade with their fantastic spiked silver balls and delicious roasts. As the embark site lacks the makings of most metals except silver and lead, they melt all the bronze trinkets, iron anvils, and any oversized armors from the humans for melting down.

Kol, the severely stressed hammerlord, has had her stress levels reduced by 20k. Still, she did suffer a bit of a bad tantrum and smashed an unlucky recruit to death in the barracks before maiming an innocent duck. As there is no justice system in place, she got away with it.

A few fisherdwarves were killed by yet another undead eagle. It was quickly destroyed afterward. In an unusual occurrence, a dwarf corpse rose up and slew more than half a dozen random workers. I didn't realize anyone had been killed far enough North to ressurect.

Fortunately, none of these unfortunate events have seemed to upset Kol any further. A cheesemaker and the metalsmith both lost loved ones, so they're both freaking out a bit.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39479 on: February 01, 2015, 08:29:32 pm »

Try making golden furniture encrusted with gems? I am going to try that for my queen I got stuck with...
I found a few platinum nuggets early on, was in the process of establishing a smithy when I checked the Announcements and noticed the volume of Mandates which had already passed.  Even if I could manage to keep his happiness above 'break everything' levels, the eventual Dwarven Justice would have wiped out the population (again, apparently).
Pages: 1 ... 2630 2631 [2632] 2633 2634 ... 3835