Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2642 2643 [2644] 2645 2646 ... 3836

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5862843 times)

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #39645 on: February 11, 2015, 03:34:25 pm »

HUMANOID MUD PLAINS TITAN WITH WEBS

OH BOY

I'm really glad I have a walled enclosure around my fort, 9 marksdwarves, and a good supply of bones for bolts. The titan can't get over my walls, so every time it passes by, the marksdwarves shower it with bolts. It's very broken now, crawling along, but it still has its webs and I'm not gonna mess with that. It killed an engraver, the mayor's kid, a kobold thief, and the front of a human caravan. And an entire migrant wave, can't forget that. But they weren't useful anyway, so whatever. I'm pumping out coffins to bury all the dead in when I eventually open the gates.

It's a mud titan, it should be going down easily enough against marksdwarves ?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #39646 on: February 11, 2015, 03:57:21 pm »

Well, it's not. Mainly the problem is that I need some sort of bait to keep it in place while the marksdwarves shoot at it. Also, the fact that the bolts are only bone may be at fault. I might get my metalsmithing industry up and running so I can make this galena into silver bolts.

On an unrelated note, my mayor demanded a rose gold bed. Fat chance, you useless noble.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39647 on: February 11, 2015, 04:02:08 pm »

What I like about mayors is that they can be replaced. If said mayor becomes too irritating, find someone less annoying.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39648 on: February 11, 2015, 04:14:41 pm »

Wait - what if I make a tunnel going into my fort lined with repeating spike traps? It's only mud, no matter what the traps are made of it'll die. I also have a legendary mechanic.

EDIT: Ooooh, someone shot off its hand! There is hope!

EDIT2: With the arrival of fall, the impish caravan came. They're actually doing well against the titan! There's a little fire imp spearman that's owning the thing!

EDIT3:
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 04:27:21 pm by TheFlame52 »

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39649 on: February 11, 2015, 04:43:37 pm »

I think the only thing that made said titan a threat was its webs; an amber humanoid attacked my fortress and was destroyed by a hammerdwarf and a woodcutter.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39650 on: February 11, 2015, 05:04:10 pm »

I've had engravings made on the walls of my hospital.

Then I've started checnking them out... and, sure enough, ther's an image of a Morrigi devouring a pony.
That's gonna be just the morale boost needed for recovery.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39651 on: February 11, 2015, 05:07:02 pm »

Then I've started checnking them out... and, sure enough, ther's an image of a Morrigi devouring a pony.

Goodie gumdrops! A horrifying six-limbed flying abomination!

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #39652 on: February 11, 2015, 07:32:38 pm »

I got a new migrant to replace the dead miner. She's a clothier and speardwarf.
As soon as I recruit her, a fey mood hit her and she became a legendary clothier.

The unfortunate thing is, she grabbed a xalpaca wool clothx and created a cheap artifact veil. I assigned it as part of her uniform.

My metalsmith made an masterwork steel battle axe. I assigned it to a captain so he could drop his 20 years old blue name axe.

His old weapon:

Shitbath Shithath Orrun, "The Perishment of Roars"
This is a well-crafted steel battle axe.
Seven kills
blahblah...

« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 07:41:37 pm by utunnels »
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39653 on: February 11, 2015, 08:17:12 pm »

Sword of the Stars ?  :o

mydwarfsarentallthatbad

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Welcome to Boatmurdered! Hope you like Miasma!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39654 on: February 11, 2015, 08:19:52 pm »

Girostokun, "The Svintillating Shrine", a sterling silver breastplate
weight: 22
value 58800

This is a sterling silver breastplate. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality.  it is encrusted with oval orthoclase cabochons and encircled with bands of crundle bone, cave spider silk and giant olm leather. the object menaces with spikes of sterling silver. on the item is an image of rye in tanzanite. on the item is an image of two high boots in crundle bone
On the Item is an image of dwarves in persimmon wood. The dwarves are traveling. The artwork relates to the foundation of Blockadespirals by the Bejeweled Channel of the Heavenly Paint in the early spring of 274.

The guy that made this is legendary metalworker, legendary clothier, and legendary armorsmith. he is 17. #lifegoals.

EDIT: And he killed four keas. this guy makes everyone else look bad. Urist McAwesome for something of nobility, probably Champion or something,
and wtf? when did I freaking sterling silver?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 08:22:04 pm by mydwarfsarentallthatbad »

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39655 on: February 11, 2015, 08:20:47 pm »

My fort is cursed.
All four moods so far have been possessions, all of them for crafting.
Hopefully the 5th will at least give a legendary skill.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #39656 on: February 12, 2015, 02:39:03 am »

My duchess made her first demand: a brass armor stand
I checked... I had only 2 brass bars...

Maybe I can:
mint brass coin, melt, mint, melt, mint, melt, mint...

Goblins returned. They had disappeared for, maybe 2 decades?
They just spawned on my big roof.
There were only 10.
Nothing interesting after that.

The new migrant became a spearmaster.

31/8/22 ~ 33/1/28

It was really fast. And I didn't train them 24/7.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 02:56:09 am by utunnels »
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39657 on: February 12, 2015, 09:29:09 am »

I haven't actually played for a few days, I've kept it on pause. What started as a hospital expansion has turned into a major municipal engineering project, with a few city blocks designated for carving out. There's a commercial district placing every finished goods producer in their own shops and residences around a central trading depot, nearby tavern, city hall police station. The whole thing will have paved roads leading through security checkpoints from end to end, running water underneath, and power lines with potential freight shipping lanes over.

My current centralized shaft system won't need to be integrated since it will be repurposed for burial and test chambers, not necessarily in that order, and exploratory mining. All I need to do is hit space to let it happen, but every time I go over the designation, I notice a new flew, new items that need to be added, and non-critcal expansions that would be desirable eventually. Or I look over my current projects and notice design flaws and tweaks, designate some adjustments or adjust some designations. After this design is complete, I don't want to have to pay it any attention until it's done, and it should be done perfectly. Except it never is.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39658 on: February 12, 2015, 09:32:56 am »

Stone FB with webs in the caverns! Maybe I can catch it with this artifact bone coffer...

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #39659 on: February 12, 2015, 09:54:34 am »

My dorf completed the brass armor stand the duchess demanded before she lost her patience. They also replaced those worn bags in her room and replaced them with wooden chests. Now they began to turn extra metal bars into statues (steel, gold, rose gold).

The cavern received no visitors recently. My dorfs walled it off and left a small entrance. Maybe it was not near any spawn points?

Pages: 1 ... 2642 2643 [2644] 2645 2646 ... 3836