Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2843 2844 [2845] 2846 2847 ... 3836

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5841270 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #42660 on: August 06, 2015, 10:05:04 am »

the colossus attempts to beat an echidna to death with a leather dress.
truly an epic battle

NeatHedgehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42661 on: August 06, 2015, 10:26:23 am »

truly an epic battle

It's one for the ages.

Literally. It's been going on for a couple seasons now. I don't see why it couldn't go a couple decades until the echidna runs out of hairs.

customlemon

• Bay Watcher
  • Not a morning person
    • View Profile
« Reply #42662 on: August 06, 2015, 12:08:05 pm »

Urist McDepressed started throwing tantrums. She destroyed a bridge with ~5 other Urists, a baby Urist and a war dog on it. Fortunately they only fell 5 Z-levels down, but unfortunately ended on the opposite side of the wall from the hospital. I didn't notice it at first, so when I finally got angry at miners not doing any mining (trapped inside), the combat log was already empty. Found out what really happened through clever greping of the gamelog :D

Also, Urist McSucker decided to drop his act and killed my legendary miner/mason. I knew it was too good to be true when two in-game years ago a professional blacksmith/axedorf showed up.
Well... I, for one, welcome our new manager over-dorf :D

EDIT:
D#1: I warned you about stairs, Urist I told you dorf
D#2: It keeps happening
D#1: I told you about stairs drawbridges!

I need to make a mental hospital for those lunatics.
IDEA: I would love to accuse a dorf that deconstructed a building of murder/injury, if said destruction caused any.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 04:13:55 pm by customlemon »
Needs !!FUN!! to get through the working day

PyroTechno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42663 on: August 06, 2015, 04:27:36 pm »

Urist McDepressed started throwing tantrums. She destroyed a bridge with ~5 other Urists, a baby Urist and a war dog on it. Fortunately they only fell 5 Z-levels down, but unfortunately ended on the opposite side of the wall from the hospital. I didn't notice it at first, so when I finally got angry at miners not doing any mining (trapped inside), the combat log was already empty. Found out what really happened through clever greping of the gamelog :D

Also, Urist McSucker decided to drop his act and killed my legendary miner/mason. I knew it was too good to be true when two in-game years ago a professional blacksmith/axedorf showed up.
Well... I, for one, welcome our new manager over-dorf :D

EDIT:
D#1: I warned you about stairs, Urist I told you dorf
D#2: It keeps happening
D#1: I told you about stairs drawbridges!

IDEA: I would love to accuse a dorf that deconstructed a building of murder/injury, if said destruction caused any.

Do not blame the builder! Blame the saboteur!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42664 on: August 06, 2015, 05:26:50 pm »

Isn't that what you've been doing the whole time?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

customlemon

• Bay Watcher
  • Not a morning person
    • View Profile
« Reply #42665 on: August 07, 2015, 01:15:00 pm »

My first time with adamantine.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42666 on: August 08, 2015, 06:21:08 am »

By the time I noticed that the entire third cavern was on fire, there was no indication of what started it.

I'm assuming there's an unannounced FB running loose down there... sad thing is, he killed the antmen I was trying to avoid killing.

Oh well, shields up, maggots... let's go see what gift Armok mailed the kitchens.

EDIT: Just realized the symbol of my current party is a pair of winged fiends.  Good thing I settled in a terrifying biome!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 07:27:07 am by Iamblichos »
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #42667 on: August 08, 2015, 09:01:31 pm »

This is Town Durrimtar, Fistcastles.

Much dwarven labor is going on.

The frozen sea is covered with snow.
The snow is decorated with dwarven vomit.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #42668 on: August 08, 2015, 09:07:35 pm »

Im not going to ask why youve channeles the frozen ocean, Im just going to assume the most logical thing, that youre going to drop it on something
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42669 on: August 08, 2015, 11:02:40 pm »

CagedIke got a strange mood. And he wants silk. I don't have silk. Great.

Obvious solution though - dig into caverns! I mean, they have silk, right? Why yes, they do! They also have...

Yeah... time to wall in Stodir Ustuthzaneg. I have no military anymore, and I can't afford the time it takes to get a cage wall going.
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #42670 on: August 08, 2015, 11:51:33 pm »

I keep getting ambush notifications from some unseen cavern layer. Also got a cavein notification from the same area.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

guale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42671 on: August 09, 2015, 02:41:18 am »

I'm building a fortress entirely in the caves and after 5 years of me thinking "miasma isn't that big of a deal" I'm starting to get depression and tantrums and now I can't haul away corpses fast enough to stop it. Luckily my military is still in good spirits.

AlBravo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42672 on: August 09, 2015, 08:07:35 am »

KeyConfines barely survived.  I breached the second cavern and didn't notice it.  A 3 eyed fire breathing magpie emerged and decimated my population from 63 to 4 while destroying everything including my seeds.  After torching the entire surface multiple times I finally trapped him between two bridges in my trade depot. I flooded the area to only find out he also could breathe underwater.  The fort is slowly growing after a couple years with no migrants.  We are making steel for the armory and training vigorously.  A small team is delicately mining adamantine for a few special weapons.  Sikel, the magpie with 283 kills, will die.
Ancient Avatar

customlemon

• Bay Watcher
  • Not a morning person
    • View Profile
« Reply #42673 on: August 09, 2015, 10:52:12 am »

Now, that's a book every dwarf should read.

In other news: fantastic embark.
No water (1st and 2nd cavern layers empty, although I found a lot of mud in them :S)
Volcano!
Surrounded by 40 z-levels high mountains.
My civ is dead.
Necro tower!
War with both gobbos and elves!
Humans are dead.

MobRules

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42674 on: August 09, 2015, 12:38:22 pm »

Last time I did live target practice with archers, I don't recall one or two goblin crossbowmen included in the targets behind the fortification that troublesome. Figured it would give my marksdwarves some dodging practice.

Of course, "not remembering it being that big of a deal" was a previous fort. With more experienced marksdwarves.

I suppose I'm lucky that there were only two fatalities.
Ninja dragons! Protect the masterwork roasts!
Is this biome reanimating? I really don't want to know what happens when "absurd numbers of megabeasts" is combined with "reanimating biomes".
Pages: 1 ... 2843 2844 [2845] 2846 2847 ... 3836