Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2917 2918 [2919] 2920 2921 ... 3836

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5855813 times)

Daris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #43770 on: November 06, 2015, 09:21:53 pm »

Year 55.  Population 179.

The buzzards are back.  ???  !!!  HOW.  They were exterminated!  I verified with DFHack!  Their population was zero!  Their population now shows 4, not counting the 6 my marksdwarves killed!

Extinction is clearly overrated.

Discovered this year that leather armor does decay over time, at the same rate as other leather items.

Two more cave dragons!  Hooray!  Oh, wait, they're ALL FEMALE.  Do male cave dragons even exist?

Henry47

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43771 on: November 07, 2015, 04:16:19 am »

I am currently in the process of draining the third carven lake, after a large amount of work sealing off the edges. It was less bad for y FPS than expected, the games still running at 3-4FPS, which is not much worse than the 4-5FPS it was running at before(running a 300 dwarf fortress takes up a lot of processing power). I also recently had a 70 odd-strong Goblin Siege, but they a complete pushover, my newly expanded military killed them without a single death or even serious injury. The disposal of the dead bodies will probably traumatize enough peasants to cause more tantrums, perhaps a lot of tantrums, as even before the siege small scenes of random violence seemed to break out in my Fortress.

FortunaDraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43772 on: November 07, 2015, 07:32:57 am »

Apparently the five artifacts, two werebeasts and giant that we've killed, and various other things aren't worth writing home about. My dwarves keep engraving this one elf dude taming some leopards, and a random minotaur travelling the world. I am disappointed.
I just had a "lord consort" visit and decide to stay. Preparing for Trojan war reenactment.
Protip: statues cannot be made out of wood unless they're artifacts. If you see what appears to be a wooden statue outside your fort and it's not an artifact, destroy it immediately.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #43773 on: November 07, 2015, 08:06:28 am »

I averted the whole fort dieing from starvation and dehydration (I forgot about df and had it running in the back ground), I have almost no plump helmets now though, and the well is up! and I have a captured cave spider! This isn't go too bad!
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Daris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43774 on: November 07, 2015, 03:06:45 pm »

Huh, another cave dragon in the traps.  Bet it's female, too.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

FortunaDraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43775 on: November 07, 2015, 05:04:17 pm »

With how many you've gotten, I would totally say DFhack that guy if he's not XD
I just had a "lord consort" visit and decide to stay. Preparing for Trojan war reenactment.
Protip: statues cannot be made out of wood unless they're artifacts. If you see what appears to be a wooden statue outside your fort and it's not an artifact, destroy it immediately.

Daris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43776 on: November 07, 2015, 05:59:47 pm »

With how many you've gotten, I would totally say DFhack that guy if he's not XD

No need.  :D

FortunaDraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43777 on: November 07, 2015, 06:12:52 pm »

I have discovered the joys and wonders of the exterminate command for DFhack~ No more stupid ravens sitting around the top of my map not leaving. I have a breeding pair, the rest can die :|

"And on that day, raven bodies fell from the skies, and all was well."

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43778 on: November 07, 2015, 06:17:42 pm »

I could make him militia commander, and put a deadly masterwork steel spear in his hands.....is there a way to do that with DFHack?
1. Can you use gm-editor?
2. Can you use changeitem?
3. Can you use force-equip?
You're going to need at least one if you want to get that guy a sweet spear.
Does that first one make him a member of my civ? Because if I can't stop him from attacking animals that I want to capture and tame, that kind of diminishes the appeal of giving him a masterwork steel spear. Congrats on the male dragon, by the way.

It turns out that I've got no sand on the map, and all the garniterite is in an area I'm not going to be mining any time soon. I think what's going to get me my magma pumpstack the quickest is ordering in glass and nickel, then using the glass for the corkscrews, the nickel for the pipes and magma-safe stone for the mechanisms and blocks. Also, you know that feeling you get when you see a nice ore vein, but you know that you're going to be channeling out the floor above and mining it now will probably cause a cave-in in the future? Yeah, I hate that feeling too.

I've got a dormitory and dining hall up, and they've already decided to throw a party. Hopefully, this will cut down on the stress everyone seems to be experiencing.

Nearly lost the elf caravan this year because something was decorated with wood and I hadn't realized it. Bloody elves. I also learned from one of my figurines that apparently in year 2 there was a peace treaty with the goblins. I wonder how long it lasted....
Insert_Gnome_Here has claimed a computer terminal!

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #43779 on: November 07, 2015, 06:57:40 pm »

I have discovered the joys and wonders of the exterminate command for DFhack~ No more stupid ravens sitting around the top of my map not leaving. I have a breeding pair, the rest can die :|

I like mine better. What I do is use gm-editor to make their wings non-functional, causing them to fall out of the sky and splatter on the ground. So much fun.

Daris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43780 on: November 07, 2015, 07:30:17 pm »

A Forgotten Beast has arrived! I immediately freaked, because it has DEADLY DUST which is never good.

...it also happens to be made of water.

Okay, lol.

What are the odds?

eta: OMG it did indeed drop a shell!  There are literally no sources of shells anywhere on this map (not even cave lobsters) so this is the first and only shell I have.  I'm going to guard this thing like it was a 4000 caret perfect diamond.

eta2: ... the shell melted into water.  D:
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 07:43:56 pm by Daris »

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #43781 on: November 07, 2015, 07:34:39 pm »

I think what's going to get me my magma pumpstack the quickest is ordering in glass and nickel, then using the glass for the corkscrews, the nickel for the pipes and magma-safe stone for the mechanisms and blocks.
If I remember correctly, raw glass bought from caravans cannot be used to forge glass items. Gotta get sand in bags for that.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43782 on: November 07, 2015, 08:08:05 pm »

I think what's going to get me my magma pumpstack the quickest is ordering in glass and nickel, then using the glass for the corkscrews, the nickel for the pipes and magma-safe stone for the mechanisms and blocks.
If I remember correctly, raw glass bought from caravans cannot be used to forge glass items. Gotta get sand in bags for that.
Well, screw me sideways and call me Sally. I'll just make the corkscrews out of iron; it's not like I'm lacking for it, and it's not like I'd even be losing any if I made too many corkscrews.

My suturer entered a mood, and using the stock menus I have for the first time ensured that he is using only the most valuable materials available in my fort. He has no moodable skills, so I have no idea what he'll produce. I intend to savescum until I get a piece of furniture that I like.

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43783 on: November 07, 2015, 08:17:12 pm »

I like mine better. What I do is use gm-editor to make their wings non-functional, causing them to fall out of the sky and splatter on the ground. So much fun.
Pfft.

I just live in in a place so awful that the eagles regularly rain out of the sky and explode all over the glacier.

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43784 on: November 07, 2015, 08:29:02 pm »

Artifact was completed: it was a figurine. Any chance my savescumming will get me furniture?

Pages: 1 ... 2917 2918 [2919] 2920 2921 ... 3836