Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2943 2944 [2945] 2946 2947 ... 3836

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5846518 times)

Just Some Guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #44160 on: December 03, 2015, 08:51:35 pm »

Got 160 rooms carved out and smoothed. Only 10 furnished, though.Opened a tavern, had some visitors, set up the foundation of a metal industry, dmoothefd and began furnishing dining hall, got a millstone and a screw press to make some paper, and saw a child play with an artifact hammer.

Speaking of which, is it just me or are strange moods more common now?

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #44161 on: December 03, 2015, 08:56:05 pm »

Expecting a riot, the unthinkable has happened.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
IS THAT WINE IN A MUG!?!??
Toady added it in as part of the bar rewrite

HERESY
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #44162 on: December 03, 2015, 09:28:34 pm »

Expecting a riot, the unthinkable has happened.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
IS THAT WINE IN A MUG!?!??
Toady added it in as part of the bar rewrite

HERESY
your calling something implemented by the great toad himself heresy? absurd. someone chain this madman, we cant very well have him running around causing trouble.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

FortunaDraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44163 on: December 03, 2015, 10:17:14 pm »

A human poet vampire wants to join my settlement. This could be...interesting.
I just had a "lord consort" visit and decide to stay. Preparing for Trojan war reenactment.
Protip: statues cannot be made out of wood unless they're artifacts. If you see what appears to be a wooden statue outside your fort and it's not an artifact, destroy it immediately.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44164 on: December 03, 2015, 10:27:36 pm »

Decided to finally man up and actually play with aquifers active this version

So the first stairway down ends up flooding as soon as I hit the first stone layer.  I figure being in a glacer, it would just freeze immediatly but apparently not.  So I tunnel a little ways westward and prepare an area for pumping.

Channel a big hole, no water.  Go another level down, no water.  Then it occurs to me, the water came from some silt neighboring the rock I first tunneled, not the rock layer itself.  bah.

Ah well, I guess I'll take the rock from my new giant hole to build a tavern.  Drink away my misery.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Torrenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44165 on: December 03, 2015, 10:34:11 pm »

I've got a moody dwarf, just haven't figured out which workshop he needs and I'm running out of ideas for things to make.  No moodable skills unless gelder counts, and Therapist wasn't up to the task last I looked.

Bought a book, declared one room to be a library, put in stockpiles to move the book there, then ordered up some bookshelves and a table.  I had visiting scholars before the books made it to their new stockpiles.  Which had me promptly wondering...

How did the scholars know I'd have declare a library that very day, to make their trecks out to me?
//Torrenal

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44166 on: December 03, 2015, 10:54:15 pm »

The fortress "Coldcuts of Lunches" was founded by the group "The Hunger of Gods"
3000 dwarfbucks says that when you set up your tavern, it'll ironically have a name that has nothing to do with food or even drink.

It ended up defaulting to "The Carmine Mushrooms"

The game crashed the second I unpaused after designating the tavern, though, so we'll call it even.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

FortunaDraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44167 on: December 03, 2015, 11:00:31 pm »

I'm kind of amused at the variety of people I have in my fort. My current citizens include:

- 61 dwarves (still no mayor, I do not understand that...)
- A human poet-turned-law-giver who keeps telling me to make her crowns
- A bunch of human mercenaries (hammerman, spearman, crossbowman, lasher)
- 3 human poets
- 2 human bards
- a human dancer
- a kiwi-man poet
- a human vampire poet

Sadly there is a lack of elves. There was a civ near me that I traded with one spring, but they've vanished from the civ list so I'm assuming the nearby goblins wiped them out. Makes me sad, I always liked getting random exotic animals from them. Plus no meat shields for the inevitable siege (?)
I just had a "lord consort" visit and decide to stay. Preparing for Trojan war reenactment.
Protip: statues cannot be made out of wood unless they're artifacts. If you see what appears to be a wooden statue outside your fort and it's not an artifact, destroy it immediately.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44168 on: December 03, 2015, 11:07:10 pm »

- 61 dwarves (still no mayor, I do not understand that...)

Mayoral Elections will probably happen within the next year or two.

EuphoriaToRegret

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
    • My Newgrounds Art
« Reply #44169 on: December 03, 2015, 11:40:01 pm »

Just had three werebeasts show up in a really short span of time.
I'm only towards the end of year 2, so my militia is not very built up, with the added benefit of the latest werebeast being a tortoise and sitting in the river drowning each war dog and dwarf it came across.
I think I lost nearly 35 dwarves from these attacks.

Is it just me, or have werebeasts become extremely common in the latest update? Normally I'd get about one a year, but three?  :(

Just Some Guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44170 on: December 03, 2015, 11:53:49 pm »

Got a human resident. Bard.

Working on the library. Anyone know where quires are in the stockpile menu?

Speakafreak22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44171 on: December 03, 2015, 11:55:11 pm »

Had a goblin liason kick my legendary engravers butt in a tavern brawl. It's ok though, the goblin died a few minutes later of what I'm guessing is too much booze.

thriggle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44172 on: December 04, 2015, 02:05:26 am »

Got a human resident. Bard.

Working on the library. Anyone know where quires are in the stockpile menu?
Quire stockpiles might not be necessary; blank quires will be stored in chests you place inside your library, while written-on quires will be placed in bookcases.

FortunaDraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44173 on: December 04, 2015, 05:19:44 am »

New fort to try out a better design. First caravan time, but no liaison, hmmmm....oh hey that's sure a lot of goblins in the important people list. I wonder if someone might've been killed en route. At least the king's alive! For now.

AgentNos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44174 on: December 04, 2015, 07:02:28 am »

I have my fort going quite well at the moment, aside from a couple of hairy moments!
Just as the first caravan was packing up and leaving, a were-bear (the angry cousin of a care bear) attacked! In total 13 died, including all the merchants and guards, but luckily all those with injuries died so I won't have any trouble with transformations as the bear transformed back into human and legged it. Despite the sudden workload on my mason to make a ton of coffins, it was a sort of blessing in disguise because I now have the entire contents of the caravans for keepsies! That means weapons, armour, food, drink, paper, metals!!!
However I hadn't un-forbidden them (due to not realising that I could) so I spent a short, scary period of time with no food, due to not having a fishery set up, and also no drink, due to the farmers' priorities being put up a wall instead of brewing!
Anyway, we struck haematite very early on, and loads of it too, so iron is definitely on the agenda! The tavern, named The Single Date (take that as you will), is up and running with a couple of 'drum kits' set up (percussion instruments with wooden bowls on a stand). I need to sort out alcohol storage for it, but I'm building a few rooms on the floor above for people who want to stay. Eventually, I'll expand it to build a wrestling ring for sparring/gladiator fights in the centre because who doesn't want to watch the DWE Super Slam whilst drinking the finest Dwarven Wine with your mates, as a travelling bard sings about how some dude was elected mayor of some distant hamlet?!

I must say, I'm loving the new update, it makes everything feel so alive!
Pages: 1 ... 2943 2944 [2945] 2946 2947 ... 3836