Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2956 2957 [2958] 2959 2960 ... 3836

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5867064 times)

Bakaridjan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #44355 on: December 09, 2015, 10:22:26 am »

I had my first square dance in the tavern.
It was beautiful with 3 musicians on the side and 8 dancers in a 4x4 square in coordinated moves.
A rare display of multi cultural harmony with dwarves, humans, elves, goblins and a single bird woman particilating.

Peace on Earth!   :-*

Dwarf Fortress Version 0.42.xx Slaves to Armok: God of Peace, Love and Funky Beats.

Nullsrc

• Bay Watcher
  • A Euclidean Plane Crash
    • View Profile
« Reply #44356 on: December 09, 2015, 10:50:34 am »

Dwarf Fortress Version 0.42.xx Slaves to Armok: God of Peace, Love and Funky Beats.
"You've changed, DF. It's like I don't even know you anymore. I demand to have !!cats!! and !!socks!! and !!goblins!!, just like the way it used to be!"

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile
« Reply #44357 on: December 09, 2015, 10:51:48 am »

"You've changed, DF. It's like I don't even know you anymore. I demand to have !!cats!! and !!socks!! and !!goblins!!, just like the way it used to be!"

All the cats are dead from alcohol poisoning.
We are not evil by choice, but evil by necessity.

Nullsrc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44358 on: December 09, 2015, 11:00:05 am »

"It's just not the same. But if their blood is sufficiently concentrated with alcohol, then it may yet be possible to create the equivalent of cat land mines... There is hope yet for dorfy shenanigans!"

Lossmar

• Bay Watcher
  • Humanity Fuck Yeah !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44359 on: December 09, 2015, 11:14:18 am »

I had my first square dance in the tavern.
It was beautiful with 3 musicians on the side and 8 dancers in a 4x4 square in coordinated moves.
A rare display of multi cultural harmony with dwarves, humans, elves, goblins and a single bird woman particilating.

Peace on Earth!   :-*

Disease of multiculturalism spreads even into DF .. :(
How to cure gaming industry in couple easy steps :
1. Stop preordering games.
2. Stop hyping games that have nothing to show except pre-rendered hype trailer.
3. Always distrust corporations.
4. Always rage at criminal DLC , microtransactions, pre-order bonuses and other semi legal practices.

Bakaridjan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44360 on: December 09, 2015, 11:23:42 am »

"It's just not the same. But if their blood is sufficiently concentrated with alcohol, then it may yet be possible to create the equivalent of cat land mines... There is hope yet for dorfy shenanigans!"

I don't think that all of those good things are going away. I've already had !!goblins!! on !!beakdogs!! actually and lots of !!dwarfs!! too. I also discovered that turning off all of my taverns, temples and libraries concentrates all of my free-loading-good-for-nothing fascinating new visitors around my well. They're not listening to me about the party being over and it being time to go home and all, so I'm looking at which of caged semi-beasts they might listen to best. The fun's not gone, it's just evolving.

Nullsrc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44361 on: December 09, 2015, 11:37:26 am »

Can you convert the dwarves into alcohol land mines? I would support that evolution of fun.

Give me something useful to do with the beekeepers...

Pseudopuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44362 on: December 09, 2015, 11:57:53 am »

Has anyone reported the bug involving pitting goblins and trolls yet? I keep seeing people talk about it but I'm not seeing it on the bugtracker. I'd report it myself but I am staying away from fort mode until equipping military is fixed so I can't provide a save. Toady said the next patch is Saturdayish so I'm hoping he notices it by then. It seems like the majority of significant bugs in this release will be fixed by 42.03.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44363 on: December 09, 2015, 12:02:12 pm »

In a fort of 40 dwarves and 4 humans.

They've been coming in steadily for like a month every since the lord consort showed up to pray at one of my temples of his god

Edit: They arent stopping

« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 12:11:08 pm by Dorsidwarf »
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Lapoleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44364 on: December 09, 2015, 02:27:19 pm »

Building an aboveground tavern, I just had about 40 dwarves and some visitors staying. I had just put up a hospital building which will get a second floor that's a library when suddenly a weremonitor appeared. Unfortunately for my dwarves it was not a computer screen, but a ravening lizard-creature which managed to slaughter 4 of my precious dwarves including my doctor. I was unable to raise my drawbridge as it was only detected inside my walls. I might have to build some guarddog towers.
Once the lizard changed back and was subsequently smashed to pulp by the angry mob I saw that three of my dwarves were in hospital with bite wounds. While I was pondering what to do a message popped up "Ulrist McVictim has been found drained of blood". This was a surprising, since all my dwarves sleep in a communal dormitory, but there seem to be no witnesses. After checking through a few of my dwarves I found somebody with a suspicious relationship. He has only three friendships, one deity and a "Master".

I can't find anything on the wiki about this relationship, so does anybody know what it is? Do I have a vampiric necromancer in my tavern?

Anyway, this does allow me to try to turn my tavern in either a vampire hunting ground. Or if possible in a centre for a vampirism epidemic. Does anybody know how I might be able to feed passing visitors vampire blood?

Edit: I found the real vampire, with about eight "formerly a member of" and tons of low level skills. This does not mean that I'm not interested in answers to my questions however.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 02:32:49 pm by Lapoleon »

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44365 on: December 09, 2015, 02:29:39 pm »

Now that's the DF I'm into.

Sadly, I'm currently watching my dwarf store an artifact wooden and bone ring while trying to work out if an aquifer double-cavein hammer is possible.
One wheel short of a wagon

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44366 on: December 09, 2015, 02:43:12 pm »

I believe the Master relationship is the Master/Apprentice relationship, but I don't know how apprenticeships work.  I haven't seen much on it.

Lapoleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44367 on: December 09, 2015, 02:51:35 pm »

I believe the Master relationship is the Master/Apprentice relationship, but I don't know how apprenticeships work.  I haven't seen much on it.

I just finished copying my save and checking it out in Legends viewer. It seems my innocent dwarf has learned some bardic lore from her master. She wrote a couple of books before coming to my tavern. Ok, that's one question down. Now to figure out how I can make the entire world vampires  ;)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #44368 on: December 09, 2015, 03:14:41 pm »

1) mod your dwarves to have the clean self and others by licking thing cats have.
2) make vampire bleed over tavern floor
3) wait for the Lickening
4) profit
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 03:16:30 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Bakaridjan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44369 on: December 09, 2015, 03:37:07 pm »

I couldn't have done this in earlier versions. I just unleashed an Ettin on a room full of 60 some Human Bards and Poets. There were a few goblin dancers and a skunk woman bard as well and two archers and 4 melee humans too. Eventually it also drew in in a lot of my civilian dwarves as well.  the melee fighters mostly stayed out of it except for the spear dwarf. If he wouldn't have gotten involved I would like to have seen how long it would have gone on. I hit 48 pages of reports early on and it just kept coming with the poor Ettin being punched, bitten and beaten with instruments and goblets until it finally died. He only managed to kill one bard in all the mayhem. It seems like I'm going to have to come up with something else to get them all to leave. I have 4 trolls and a few goblins in cages? but they don't seem very interested in bards...

Think, think, think....

Oh and I have to say it was really for the sake of science, an exercise in artistic inspiration. No more poets sitting around thinking "what could I possibly write about....?" I'm sure we're on the cusp of starting a whole new genre of literature.
Pages: 1 ... 2956 2957 [2958] 2959 2960 ... 3836