Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2964 2965 [2966] 2967 2968 ... 3836

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5859366 times)

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #44475 on: December 12, 2015, 12:10:12 am »

It'll make him strong. When he gets legendary, he'll be fine.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44476 on: December 12, 2015, 12:17:45 am »

It'll make him strong. When he gets legendary, he'll be fine.
Fine? It's almost ten times heavier than a silver warhammer and comes with artifact to-hit modifiers. Even though fighting with a crutch uses misc object instead of crutch walker he's going to be asskicker general when he gets to legendary.

edit: Arena testing suggests he will fight as effectively as someone with a crutch. Basically worthless as a weapon.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 12:19:41 am by Broseph Stalin »

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44477 on: December 12, 2015, 03:27:13 am »

I'm currently under attack by werellama children.
I have no idea where they come from, it started 4 years ago and there are at least two of them every year.
Always human children. Always llamas.
This is slowly getting really creepy.

They are usually easiely killed and there have been no dwarven losses or infections so far, but they have killed an elf performer and, hilariously enough, 4 actual llamas.
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44478 on: December 12, 2015, 11:23:43 am »

One of my human mercenaries was arrested for violating a production order.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #44479 on: December 12, 2015, 11:26:06 am »

I'm currently under attack by werellama children.
I have no idea where they come from, it started 4 years ago and there are at least two of them every year.
Always human children. Always llamas.
This is slowly getting really creepy.

They are usually easiely killed and there have been no dwarven losses or infections so far, but they have killed an elf performer and, hilariously enough, 4 actual llamas.
It's the Attack of the Llamas
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #44480 on: December 12, 2015, 12:00:06 pm »

ok, played a bit of the new update. I got a one bard that isn't staying in a residence nut hasn't left in three years, he also has gauntlets and leggings made of elf bone..and two axemen staying just chased off and brutalized three kobold thieves...with mugs.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile
« Reply #44481 on: December 12, 2015, 02:01:32 pm »

I've been setting up a trap corridor near the surface level. So far it has a retracting bridge over a 2z lvl drop into pointy spikes. I couldn't dig any deeper because there's an aquifer over it. I want to eventually incorporate a drowning chamber into the fort, But I have no idea how to build it yet.

The cave crocodile meat industry is in full swing. 50 fucking Cave Crocodile Hatchlings. I will never run out meat again.
We are not evil by choice, but evil by necessity.

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44482 on: December 12, 2015, 02:34:07 pm »

First strange mood in new fort!

Excellent.

It's a carpenter...

Not super, but OK.

He creates a bayberry wood animal trap. That menaces with spikes of wood.

Carpenter, I am dissapoint.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 02:36:11 pm by LordBrassroast »

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44483 on: December 12, 2015, 04:17:48 pm »

Well, I was finishing my magma trap and then the goblins gently sieged just right now. I say "time for live testing !"

Then I realize that my magma trap wasn't even supplied in magma after closing the gates :P That was solved easily, but still derp.

I wonder how it is like to suddenly be locked in a dark room with no light and no visible escape, then when light finally comes it is magma ? And when it reaches your only company it burns them alive and they scream in terror and pain, and surrounds you slowly, promising you an awful death ? I really wonder how it feels.

Please tell me how you feel about it before you burn alive, goblin girl.

I wonder why you goblins stopped moving when the magma claimed half your number ? Must be acceptance of their grim fate.

...Huh. I don't remember magma traps making me feel so philosophical. The bouts of supervillain-like cackling is normal, I think, but philosophical ponderings ? This is new.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #44484 on: December 12, 2015, 04:56:40 pm »

FUCKING KEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS

In other news, work on the Grand Hall is going well. However, with only one legendary blacksmith, making 148 pieces of gold furniture is taking forever. But when it's done, the Grand Hall will be the greatest dining hall in all the realm!

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #44485 on: December 12, 2015, 04:56:56 pm »

I've had 2 strange moods so far. First was a scepter made only from schist (dwarf was posessed), and the second was an earring.
The third one I have currently is asking for shells when I have none (and no sea creatures, either).

That's gonna end well.

Also, I have copper and silver (thanks, tetrahedrite), as well as soldiers equipped with copper.

My main source of food for now are the plants on the surface of my fort, which I've been milling, brewing, and cooking.
In fact, of my fort's net worth seems to be in food, I think, probably from the sheer amount of food I have (~3000 units of food, with no meat of fish).

I have 4 legendary dwarves, one a legendary miner, another a legendary metalsmith, one a brewer, and another a cook.  :)

Demonic Gophers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Tunnels
« Reply #44486 on: December 12, 2015, 06:58:33 pm »

Fellhex has seen its first siege by the Demon of Muscle, the more antagonistic of the two nearby goblin civilizations.  When the first few arrived, militia commander Tudōsp Whipbristle was right on the scene; xe enjoys gathering plants in the woods while off duty.  There were only a handful of intruders, apparently a scouting party, and xe charged them without hesitation.  Xir great sledge crushed beak dog and goblin skulls alike, and a few learned that ylth can rend flesh and bone with unaided tentacles, as well.  Within moments, half the scouts were dead or crippled, and the fight appeared all but over.  Then another dozen or so mounted goblins arrived right on top of xem, and they kept coming.  And coming.  Few warriors could have survived the first few volleys; few beings could have kept up that level of performance against the relentless flood of attackers.  But Commander Whipbristle, the greatest warrior of Fellhex, showed the red-eyes how an ylth dances.  Xe took a couple of bad slices when they got xem surrounded, but xe smashed through to the edge of the crowd alive.  Not another blow made it past xir guard.  Tudōsp killed 22 beak dogs and 30 goblins before the fight was over.  Our other fighters took down at least 30 enemies, and we will never know how many fled.  But Fellhex did not come through the attack unharmed.  We lost many of our most useful pets - our trained orels, most of our beak dogs, all but one adult troll; the huran bard Rosmic Binfancies was cut down right before the eyes of his son, Slushu Silkygroups, who had followed him here looking for long-term work.  He undoubtedly died expecting his oldest child to follow him into the grave.  The goblins who rushed our tavern also murdered most of the guests staying there, and tortured one until Sūtu Auburnscourge arrived to save him.  Sūtu earned the title of 'the Diminished Learning'; those who were soaking our tavern in blood never made it to the library on the upper floor, and will get little benefit from their lessons today.

This attack came as a wake up call to all of us at Fellhex.  Our huran friends from the Strife of Artifice have told us about crowds of refugees fleeing the Demon of Muscle's armies.  We knew that eventually their war was bound to wash over us, as well.  But we thought we'd have more time to build walls, to gather weapons and train fighters.  And none of us imagined that the first attack against Fellhex would occur on such a scale.  It is thanks only to the skill of Commander Whipbristle and the blessing of Tuxxu the Throne of Pride that no ylth were killed, and many of us were injured.  I write this from a hospital bed myself, though my wounds are minor.  Ylth have a tendency to assume that lesser creatures will not dare to challenge us in battle, but the Demon of Muscle has armies to spend.  Fellhex will not make the same mistake again.  Construction has been halted on the bedroom complex, and plans for the Temple of Mists are on hold while we throw together walls.  We can sleep down in the quarries until we are protected on all sides.  We have plenty of weapons - small and crudely made, but they will cover for our shortage of weapon-grade metal ore.  We can sell the armor to the traders from the Club of Brilliance.  No doubt they will find the emblems of the Demon of Muscle amusing!  The next attackers will not find it so easy to ride into the heart of our town.  And they will learn that we can be as patient as we must, or as swift, when vengeance is at stake!

-From the log of Stratāb Nourishedblack, Inker of Fellhex.

...So.  Sieges are definitely working now.
*Digs tunnel under thread.*
I also answer to Gophers and DG.
Quote from: Shades of Gray
*Says something inspiring and quote worthy.*
Opinions are great, they're like onions with pi.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44487 on: December 12, 2015, 06:58:53 pm »

Not much, yet, as I just started a 42.03 fort. We are at war with the elves, and judging from the map they have taken some hillocks and even a fortress. We set up shop in a barren, plantless wasteland where two rivers converge. Here, overlooking the waterfall, will be the grandest tavern of them all. On the other side of the river shall be a library, the center of knowledge this side of the mountains. We will attract mercenaries from far and wide, to send them into the war against the elves, and they will be armed with cutting edge ... well, science!

Magnetite and vains containing gold can be seen even from the surface. We shall create the arms and armor for the war effort, and supply the mountainhome with coin to afford the best defence dwarfmanship can erect!

We are digging down in the hopes of finding some underground plants. Wood will be a concern, though the stockpile we collected on the way here will last us a while. Lignite has been found, so some means of producing coal is available.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #44488 on: December 12, 2015, 07:17:22 pm »

Well this happened- I had a forgotten beast show up while I was blocking off part of the caves. He breathed poisonous gas that was also boiling. He got in a fight with a giant bat and killed it easily, but going through the combat log it kept saying that he inhaled his own fumes and was getting hurt by them, checking him sure enough most of his organs were bruised especially his lunges. He suffocated right on our door step. Now we have a fine forgotten beast bone helmet on my military archer squad leader.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #44489 on: December 12, 2015, 08:25:11 pm »

I have a goal now.

I'm going to create the greatest tavern, temple, and library ever seen! Gold and marble columns! Statues! Performers! Hot and cold running booze!
Pages: 1 ... 2964 2965 [2966] 2967 2968 ... 3836