Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2968 2969 [2970] 2971 2972 ... 3836

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5859800 times)

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #44535 on: December 14, 2015, 10:22:04 am »

... I am wondering, is it possible to have a megabeast/semi megabeast siege in the same year a goblin siege come ? or is it exclusive  : with either a megabeast or a goblin siege and not both ?

In the 2 first years of my fortess i got an Ettin and a Giant , both ridiculously weak and nearly 1 shot-ed by my troops , and i would hate to think they're taking the "siege slot" for the year.
If it's the case, generating a world with advanced parameter and getting rid of those weak semi-megabeasts by setting them to 0 may then improve the gob siege rate.
IIRC you can have them concurrently.  Also, you can set the trigger for semi/mega/titans to be 6 dwarves, and get them immediately after the first two migrant waves have arrived.  Additionally, I have seen a 275 enemy siege show up immediately after my fortress citizen population hits 80 (which is the hard-coded trigger for goblin sieges, afaik).  Necromancers can arrive very quickly as well, if nearby/neighbors.  Finally, there's always the HFS if you're in need of an immediate and large threat.  :o

Luizx_

• Bay Watcher
  • Totally normal person...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44536 on: December 14, 2015, 10:44:13 am »

A scholar visited my dwarf monastery. He was pondering about economical cartography and took a quire for write on it. After that someone took that quire and placed in a bookcase, but the scholar is still pondering about the same topic and I can't find the quire anywhere. Wtf happened?
Shut up Mom! I'm trying to decapitate some goblins here!

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44537 on: December 14, 2015, 10:48:46 am »

maybe someone else is reading it?
Have you looked for it with {L}?

Luizx_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44538 on: December 14, 2015, 10:53:16 am »

They only read in the library? Maybe someone took it... But, visitors don't hold their books with them?

Edit: So, apparently the visitor had the quire, but he's writing it in parts, pausing to think and then writing. There is something in the table that he was using, but I can't see with the look command.

Editē: Well, the visitor writed multiple quires without being the topic that he was pondering. He was pondering about cartography and writed about wind patterns...
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 11:08:04 am by Luizx_ »

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44539 on: December 14, 2015, 11:14:12 am »

L for artifacts, books are listed under those. If it is on a table you might be able to see it with t.

Luizx_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's goTing on in your fort?
« Reply #44540 on: December 14, 2015, 11:22:41 am »

I can't turn the quires in books because someone is reading? Godamn...

Edit: Oh fuck, is because I don't have thread, hahaha. This game...
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 11:31:48 am by Luizx_ »

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #44541 on: December 14, 2015, 02:11:59 pm »

The first mood I get in DF 0.42.xx, and it's an unskilled fisherdwarf getting a craftsdwarf mood, and he wants shells and stone blocks. At a site with no river and only some murky pools, meaning no shells. Ugh. Tried digging down to find the cavern with the hope of finding water and cave turtles but so far it hasn't shown. Don't think it's worth the effort for a single stupid fisherdwarf with a craft mood. Probably gonna lock him in the workshop.

In other news the mountainhome's liaison is an orc, a custom race I added that's basically big goblins with anger issues. The mental image of a burly greenskin, which stands taller than a man, diplomatically speaking with a drunk bearded midget about trade relations makes me snicker a little. Didn't expect an orc for a liaison though, neat to see how the game takes modded content and runs with it.

Also two stray dogs ran off and tried to kill a wild yak and got their heads pulped by yak hooves. Fun.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #44542 on: December 14, 2015, 02:28:09 pm »

"We are wolves! We hunt yak! We are ferocio..."
*Squish*
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

WordsandChaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Words and Chaos blog
« Reply #44543 on: December 14, 2015, 02:41:41 pm »

The merchants have come. Last year they brought news that the world was unchanged. This year...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

On a side note, it'd be nice if each piece of news were on a separate line. At the moment the news is a horrific wall of text, regardless of density.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #44544 on: December 14, 2015, 03:21:55 pm »

welp I guess you guys were right, when my pop just ticked over 100 a couple weeks alter a bunch of gobblins attacked. Too bad m tunnel of dea- I mean love was too much for them. Also had a  forgotten beast that spew poisonous gas captured, next project will be an elven gas chamber.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44545 on: December 14, 2015, 03:44:30 pm »

Dwarves can gather macadamia nuts now in 4203.

nekoexmachina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44546 on: December 14, 2015, 04:03:38 pm »

The dead walk.

I've managed to save all but 1 (poor bastard, he decided to build the walls from the other side).

Now I carefully plan the extraction of the anvil. Without anvil I can't do anything to reclaim surface.
Whenever i read the "doesn't care about anything anymore" line, i instantly imagine a dwarf, sitting alone on a swing set. Just slowly rocking back and forth, somberly staring at the ground, and stopping every once in a while to sigh.
It's mildly depressing.

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44547 on: December 14, 2015, 04:58:52 pm »

Getting tons of job cancellation spam. It appears that my dwarves somehow sense a hungry head tooth somewhere underground (haven't even breached caverns yet) and are trying to haul it into the refuse pile. The tooth isn't even visible on my map or in my stocks screen but somehow they know of it. Those uncanny buggers...
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44548 on: December 14, 2015, 05:04:52 pm »

Getting tons of job cancellation spam. It appears that my dwarves somehow sense a hungry head tooth somewhere underground (haven't even breached caverns yet) and are trying to haul it into the refuse pile. The tooth isn't even visible on my map or in my stocks screen but somehow they know of it. Those uncanny buggers...
I've had this before. I think you can resolve it forbidding everything you can't see.

Pseudo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44549 on: December 14, 2015, 06:55:30 pm »

One of my dwarves made a roast.

(Stack of 78. Weight: 46Γ. Value: 140400☼)

Said roast currently comprises 20% of the value of the fortress. It's too bad it's not a masterwork.
The lady the dog the paper the boy writ hit bit knit.

English is weird.
Pages: 1 ... 2968 2969 [2970] 2971 2972 ... 3836