Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3025 3026 [3027] 3028 3029 ... 3836

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5857781 times)

Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #45390 on: January 11, 2016, 02:59:30 am »

One of my armorers made a lead breastplate during a strange mood. I don't know how useful it will be.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45391 on: January 11, 2016, 03:00:29 am »

One of my armorers made a lead breastplate during a strange mood. I don't know how useful it will be.

Not very, to put it politely.

EDIT: The tribe (or more accurately, the War Chief,) has made a decision to explore the caverns. The Horses discovered a downward passage in the past, perhaps there is more challenging game to be had down there? At any rate, a more secured outpost will also be made, or at least the way in will be secured against climbing and with a secure stone door.

EDIT II: And they're blocked by water. Other tribesmen will have to construct a way down. The tribe's warriors will not be denied exploration.

Jefthefirst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45392 on: January 11, 2016, 04:31:35 am »

I've managed to capture 4 Jabberers. I was incredibly lucky to get 2 males and 2 females but that same luck didn't stand with some other animals. 2 male Cave Toads and 2 female Cave Crocodiles.

Now it's just a matter of getting them properly domesticated before I release them.

Also, a Werechameleon Child managed to get onto the bridge at the surface entrance of my fort before it was noticed by a Cheesemaker. Poor Udil was bitten multiple times before a few soldiers dealt with the threat. The waiting game until she turns begins...
I just atom smashed 30 children.

askovdk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45393 on: January 11, 2016, 07:47:44 am »

Even the dead gets bored.
I was under siege from 2 undead squads(*) who didn't attack. I savescummed after a complete fail to get rid of them and was simply waiting for the zombie nerf edition to be released while working on the other side of the fort.
And then suddenly, gone were the besiegers after about 2 years.

(*) There were no real necromancers, but each squad had a normal invader as leader with 4 undeads as troops.
My HMoM forts :
 Kindletours - A flying silver city.
 Boardstrap - Thermal borehole HoMM5 style.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #45394 on: January 11, 2016, 10:08:30 am »

Dwarves that have legendary skill in a dance, music, poem or instrument don't flash colors.

I started a fort in the year 500.  A lot of immigrants come with dozens of useless performance skills, a few of them legendary.

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45395 on: January 11, 2016, 11:26:10 am »

At first I was excited when I saw that elves had brought me a breeding pair of giant brown recluse spiders, but then I saw that they made for lousy silk farming.

Something strange has been going on at one of the magma kilns. I've gotten plenty of notifications that my potters have created masterwork statues of things that are actually interesting, like giant nautilus, elk, hydra, salmon and ocean sunfish, but when I go to build them all I can see are statues of historical figures. The number of statues is still increasing in the menus, so they're still being made. WTF is going on?
Insert_Gnome_Here has claimed a computer terminal!

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45396 on: January 11, 2016, 11:32:51 am »

JESUS WEPT. I was making relatively fancy digs for my baron while trying to figure out who should be baron- I'd turned down the liaison because I hadn't made a choice yet.

boop my expedition leader is full on KING.  :o :o :D :'( I'd be a-may-zed if the digs I've got are enough for a king. One does have an artefact glass hatch cover and one an artefact in a weapon trap - and just now an artefact sarcophagus came. "Bravedsprayed the squeezing climax" yannowhamsayin'
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45397 on: January 11, 2016, 11:35:27 am »

JESUS WEPT. I was making relatively fancy digs for my baron while trying to figure out who should be baron- I'd turned down the liaison because I hadn't made a choice yet.

boop my expedition leader is full on KING.  :o :o :D :'( I'd be a-may-zed if the digs I've got are enough for a king. One does have an artefact glass hatch cover and one an artefact in a weapon trap - and just now an artefact sarcophagus came. "Bravedsprayed the squeezing climax" yannowhamsayin'
If it's any consolation, you're not going to get a baron (you only get offered to pick a baron ONCE) so it's not like you have any more nobles to deal with than you originally planned.

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45398 on: January 11, 2016, 11:41:02 am »

That's not true. In my previous fort, same version, I also delayed it for a year and got the same offer later. But usually the king arrives, right, with an entourage? These won't come?
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45399 on: January 11, 2016, 11:50:15 am »

IIRC, becoming a mountainhome will only make the entourage show up, seeing as the king is already there.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45400 on: January 11, 2016, 12:05:14 pm »

ah, so more fancy rooms. Hokay. Seems I CAN sufficiently fancify the rooms I made for the baron.

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45401 on: January 11, 2016, 01:12:19 pm »

My fort's "Uristotle" died in the last siege, I'm having trouble finding a smart enough replacement for her.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Kneenibble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45402 on: January 11, 2016, 01:40:04 pm »

A desert titan composed of flame and with a poisonous sting arrived.  It threw fireballs and started setting the whole surface on fire, and the smoke around it made it impossible to attack: it killed several steel-clad soldiers.  I managed to wall off the main staircase just as it approached the front entrance, and turtled for the rest of the year.

The desert titan wandered the surface, burning everything, collapsing trees, and chasing the wild camels, until the goblin seige arrived in winter.  It tore apart most of a large army of goblins, beak dogs, and trolls before they killed it off.  The remainder was easy to mop up from the smouldering field of ash.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #45403 on: January 11, 2016, 01:50:07 pm »

The tree collapses are the worst. I had a dragon attack me in a densely forested jungle. I think I spent 5 hours clicking through surface collapse messages, the worst thing being that trees regrow so fast that the fire jsut keeps getting new living room. And then the game crashed. RIP fort.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45404 on: January 11, 2016, 02:58:39 pm »

ah, so more fancy rooms. Hokay. Seems I CAN sufficiently fancify the rooms I made for the baron.

When in doubt, throw in more weapon traps with multiple masterwork steel trap components.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz
Pages: 1 ... 3025 3026 [3027] 3028 3029 ... 3836