Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3112 3113 [3114] 3115 3116 ... 3836

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5855640 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #46695 on: March 12, 2016, 04:14:02 pm »

Meanwhile back on the "torture 7 dwarves" save, I've modded quarry bushes to be edible raw, so I don't have the pleasure of cooked meals and also to reduce the work involved. I've also taken down their only bed and disabled the temple meeting zone.

"Be merry!" The astronomer, clearly in denial.

"I drank water without a well. It's annoying." The optics engineer, understating the obvious.

"Some people are so wrapped up in themselves." The writer, presumably snarking about one of the THREE she has a grudge against.

"I'm doing alright." The critical thinker, having long since given up on a rational evaluation of their situation.

"It won't turn out well." The logician, doing a Captain Obvious impression.

"Friendship is forever." The speaker, trying to hold the group together, and the ONLY one that doesn't have any grudges.

"I treasure my freedom." The mathematician, clinging to a concept they've abandoned ever since they sealed themselves away from the wicked desert sun.

EDIT: WHY are the bone greaves mangled?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 04:32:55 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #46696 on: March 12, 2016, 05:22:21 pm »

Recently contained a werebeast infection with recently-made militia and a few isolation chambers, luckily it was only a weremole so it was fairly easy to kill those who transformed while the containment was created...

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46697 on: March 12, 2016, 05:32:24 pm »

Midsummer of the second year, and all this has been insufficient to drive them insane. Nudist Fortress time.

EDIT: And about a month later, the thoughts about being nude are finally showing up.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 05:46:47 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #46698 on: March 12, 2016, 05:52:45 pm »

My naga fort's going along noicely. Not even a year in and I already got a master carpenter as a migrant, pumping out masterful quality furniture - wood is in abudance since I'm in a tropical biome. Also my bookkeeper went into a strange mood and came up with this

Meh, I suppose the image is pretty cool.

Got 4 buildings up so far, also my manager and expedition leader are romantically involved. Guessing I'm gonna see some snek babies at some point.

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46699 on: March 12, 2016, 06:52:19 pm »

I started building a wall and a draw bridge.
It had been a long time since last time I tried to build a castle.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46700 on: March 12, 2016, 07:32:20 pm »

Got 4 buildings up so far, also my manager and expedition leader are romantically involved. Guessing I'm gonna see some snek babies at some point.

Snek romance in a nutshell.

Meanwhile, I think Fallenglory is proving that the average fort is damn near tantrum-proof. If I don't at least get a stressed dorf by the start of autumn, I'm gonna be amazed.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Etc_Guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46701 on: March 12, 2016, 08:02:21 pm »

Well I think I came up with a plan to do with Nastyperfect. Make a 100+ high sporetree tower just to get to the tavern were the visitors come too. Since I settled right next to an evil mountain getting free labor won't be an issue. Put one barrel of booze near/at the edge of the biome and surround it with tens of cage traps. "If you build it they will come."

Testing this on giant moles and large/giant rats first would be a good idea though. And libraries are good for educating anything with [CAN_LEARN] tag right?

Going into the caverns for now, I need to find sporetrees and get an underground farm going before I can start the construction of Nastyperfect tower. The reason I retired Channelcouncils is because no lava was seen and hopefully this doesn't happen this time. Maybe fun with screw pumps is to be had.

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46702 on: March 12, 2016, 08:30:09 pm »

Damn, the only 2 soldiers gave birth to babies almost at the same time.
I had to replace them with another two.

And I didn't noticed I got a big migrant wave, then a mayor was elected.

Then a miner was taken by mood and asked for cloth. I produced two types of cloth before I figured out he wanted yarn which I didn't have any.

Edit*
Well it seemed he had snatched some silk cloth without noticing and completed his artifact rock hatch cover.
I was about to shear the only alpaca for yarn.

Edit*2

Damn, I made a mistake when digging a channel for a well. Save reverted. Bye bye the artifact hatch cover.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 08:38:19 pm by Libash_Thunderhead »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #46703 on: March 12, 2016, 08:32:06 pm »

Meanwhile, I think Fallenglory is proving that the average fort is damn near tantrum-proof. If I don't at least get a stressed dorf by the start of autumn, I'm gonna be amazed.
vengeful thoughts

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46704 on: March 12, 2016, 08:42:45 pm »

vengeful thoughts

How much worse can I make this fort? There's no booze. No dining rooms. No beds. No well. No tavern. No temple. No delicious cooked meals. No engaging tasks to do. No furniture to admire. No clothes.

Literally the only way to make it worse is if I had something to induce miasma, and if one of them were to croak. Actually, the latter would solve the former...
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46705 on: March 12, 2016, 08:58:04 pm »

vengeful thoughts

How much worse can I make this fort? There's no booze. No dining rooms. No beds. No well. No tavern. No temple. No delicious cooked meals. No engaging tasks to do. No furniture to admire. No clothes.

Literally the only way to make it worse is if I had something to induce miasma, and if one of them were to croak. Actually, the latter would solve the former...

Really? Maybe the nobles can also forego their rooms/mandates.
Let me see how soon my mayor goes mad.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46706 on: March 12, 2016, 09:11:37 pm »

I have...sheriff, and that's it. Kinda hard to have a mayor when you've had 7 dwarves and set it to never get migrants. o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Pirate Santa

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_EATER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46707 on: March 12, 2016, 11:15:52 pm »

Everything was going really well.
Then my latest extension to the housing complex accidentally punched through into the magma sea, vaporizing the poor sod working on it. Luckily the other two weren't there at the time. Also luckily magma moves slowly so I had plenty of time to wall off the flooding area.
While I'm doing this Winter arrives, and with it a vile force of darkness. They're like clockwork these gobbos.

Update:
100+ unit siege broken by 20 dwarves.
2 hunters on their way to the surface died.
As did some grazing pets that never got moved to the new downstairs pastures.
Military suffered no deaths and no serious injuries.
20 or so trolls and beak dogs escaped, although one troll fell into the wereantelope enclosure. They're both running around terrified right now but in about 20 days he'll turn. Then we'll have some fun.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 11:42:42 pm by Pirate Santa »
Welcome to Dwarf Fortress. Where peaceful death of old age is something nobody sees coming.
it turns out Dog Bone Doctors aren't very good at doctoring.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46708 on: March 13, 2016, 01:30:22 am »

Mid-autumn of the second year, and still no one has so much as gotten STRESSED. Instead, I have the first instance of a dorf going from unfocused to distracted. I think this aptly demonstrates just how resilient dwarves are to distraction, let alone stress.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46709 on: March 13, 2016, 01:43:58 am »

Mid-autumn of the second year, and still no one has so much as gotten STRESSED. Instead, I have the first instance of a dorf going from unfocused to distracted. I think this aptly demonstrates just how resilient dwarves are to distraction, let alone stress.

I think the feature has already broken.
Maybe next time you start a fort in the opening and let the rain fall upon them. But I doubt it has any effect.
Pages: 1 ... 3112 3113 [3114] 3115 3116 ... 3836