Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3113 3114 [3115] 3116 3117 ... 3835

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5788149 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #46710 on: March 13, 2016, 01:48:30 am »

I think the feature has already broken.
Maybe next time you start a fort in the opening and let the rain fall upon them. But I doubt it has any effect.

Maybe. Or I could see whether the trauma of having friends croak does anything. I'm assuming that trauma still has a stronger effect. Or I could hope that the yak meat roast rots and see if a little miasma will nudge them over the edge.

Either way, for now this proves that you can be an EXTREMELY shitty overseer and your dwarves will put up with a lot more bullshit than they used to. :V
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46711 on: March 13, 2016, 02:54:56 am »

A siege operator went berserk and was struck down by other dwarves.
I completely forgot about he was having strange mood.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 03:02:49 am by Libash_Thunderhead »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #46712 on: March 13, 2016, 06:45:37 am »

Well I just got the contender for worst artifact ever.

God dammit Sivir. Of all the workshops you could have claimed you took the jewelers workshop.

*sigh*

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46713 on: March 13, 2016, 06:47:16 am »

The value on that must be through the roof.

Ever had a stone bracelet? With an image of waves in dacite?

Lowest possible value artifact, in .42, so nobody could even wear it.
One wheel short of a wagon

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #46714 on: March 13, 2016, 06:53:11 am »

No, it's actually worth less than the weapon rack artifact I previously got. Only 24000 dorfbux for the tumorous gem (what would a gem encrusted with the same type of gem genuinely look like?) as opposed to 26400 dorfbux for the weapon rack. Not a big difference but still there, and atleast I can use the weapon rack for something.

EDIT: Ok, this is weird. A dwarven bard residing in my fort went into a fey mood and made this thing

I'm guessing he's a fan of my bookkeeper's work. Shame it's only worth 6000 dorfbux but eh. Still, didn't think residents would go into moods and make stuff.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 09:13:45 am by ZM5 »

hun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46715 on: March 13, 2016, 08:58:06 am »

The value on that must be through the roof.

Ever had a stone bracelet? With an image of waves in dacite?

Lowest possible value artifact, in .42, so nobody could even wear it.

I'm actually wondering if wearing of trinkets is bugged for artifacts. Have never seen dwarves wearing an artifact bracelet or ring or something, even though I have always a plenty of those in my fortresses..

Also, I just have realized that number of migrants now is calculated to fit exactly the population cap! This is so awesome, thank you Toady! I somehow missed the point when it was done, but we didn't have this feature at 0.34 for sure.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 09:01:17 am by hun »

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46716 on: March 13, 2016, 09:56:56 am »

I believe they ignore artifact clothes as well.
Unless you assign them as military equipments.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 10:01:34 am by Libash_Thunderhead »

Etc_Guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46717 on: March 13, 2016, 10:24:45 am »

The first cavern layer is entirely muddy, and still no magma sea. What z level is the guaranteed underground magma sea? I really need to use smelters.

There is a deep pit, and downward passage to layer 2 near each other. One Fungiwood in the pit is 12 z-levels high. My construction of the underground farm has started, so if it is taller than 3 z-levels I could get more bountiful harvest from the trees.

Oh, there is one thing I forgot to tell about Nastyperfect. The Nasty part is from the evil mountain CONSTANTLY raining elf blood! Seriously, even the wormy tendrils coming from the ground were drowning in elf blood. At least female mosquitoes will never have to bite my dwarfs and livestock. And oddly, the bloody mess cleared completely in this mid-winter, but it will be back.

Glitchy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46718 on: March 13, 2016, 10:30:40 am »

I hit the magma sea around -5. The ground level is 138. So that's about 143 levels down.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46719 on: March 13, 2016, 11:05:14 am »

And back in Kobold Kamp, I discover...good news, I can use PRODUCT_TOKEN to control what material the wooden weapon reactions use. Bad news, still can't get that to work for stone arrows.

And I discover I forgot to add the salvage workshop to the kobold's permitted buildings, so I can't test the refit and salvage reactions. :V
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #46720 on: March 13, 2016, 11:54:02 am »

I'm afraid my Duke Hammerer's eageness to punish his wife, the Queen, for violating export bans, has left a dent in their marriage. She is unfocused after being unable to make romance.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46721 on: March 13, 2016, 12:30:36 pm »

I'm afraid my Duke Hammerer's eageness to punish his wife, the Queen, for violating export bans, has left a dent in their marriage. She is unfocused after being unable to make romance.

Well, given that she was getting hammered... *ba dum tish*
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #46722 on: March 13, 2016, 03:11:14 pm »

Hmm, my Duke cannot Count. A dwarf was sentenced to 9 hammerstrikes for failing to meet the Queen's mandate for bins, but he only dealed out 6. The 5th shattered the dwarf's ankle, which made her pass out from pain. The 6th strike hit her on the head (obviously, coup-de-grace rule for attacking an unconscious victim), but was deflected by her steel helm. Dunno why the hammerer stopped after that.

But still, good result, I'll be getting my first skilled crutch walker soon, probably.

EDIT: yep, not bad for an adamantine warhammer
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
EDIT2: crap, ofcourse my doctor used adamantine sutures
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 03:18:47 pm by martinuzz »

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46723 on: March 13, 2016, 03:32:06 pm »

The 6th strike hit her on the head (obviously, coup-de-grace rule for attacking an unconscious victim), but was deflected by her steel helm. Dunno why the hammerer stopped after that.

I've seen rumors that combatant AI as of late has been able to recognize when an auto-aimed blow to the head proves ineffectual, so that would explain it. I assume the hammerer procedure just causes the remaining strikes to be deferred or canceled, in contract to claims of body blows against unconscious enemies in genuine combat.

Also...halp. Stone arrows. Anyone puzzled out the PRODUCT_TOKEN well enough to figure out HOW to get it so I can select the desired material in the "details" for this type of reaction I've modded in?

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:STONE_ARROWS]
[NAME:make rock arrows]
[BUILDING:CRAFTSMAN:NONE]
[REAGENT:stone:1:BOULDER:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:20:AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_ARROWS:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:stone:NONE]
[PRODUCT_TOKEN:stone]
[SKILL:STONECRAFT]

Everything I've entered for product token has failed, in contrast to the wooden weapons I modded in that now allow material detail:

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:WOOD_PICK]
[NAME:make wooden pick]
[BUILDING:CRAFTSMAN:NONE]
[REAGENT:wood:1:WOOD:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_PICK:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:wood:NONE]
[PRODUCT_TOKEN:pick]
[SKILL:WOODCRAFT]
[CATEGORY:KOBOLD_WOOD_WEAPONS]
[CATEGORY_NAME:Wooden weapons]
[CATEGORY_DESCRIPTION:Make various weapons using wooden logs.]
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #46724 on: March 13, 2016, 04:14:14 pm »

Hah, after my dwarf's wounds were sutured and cleaned, she was put in traction (for her ankle injury), While in traction, cast was also applied to her foot injury. Now, the diagnostician is stuck in that thing were the patient keeps spamming diagnosis requests (and an occasional cleaning request). This has happened for me in DF2014 too, only on traction benches.
I'm not complaining, my doctor went from novice to professional diagnostician in a month's time already.

Last time it happened, in DF 2014, the loop eventually ended, when the dwarf healed up. Could take a while, she's very slow to heal. It'll be a good test for the needs system, see if she heals before she snaps. Half of her needs are beige now, the other half yellow.

Pages: 1 ... 3113 3114 [3115] 3116 3117 ... 3835