Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3284 3285 [3286] 3287 3288 ... 3836

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5860192 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #49275 on: January 16, 2017, 09:02:24 pm »

Decided to get back into DF since my internet is kill... Embarked on a random tile because I couldn't remember what my old favourite site used to be. First thing that happens? A hydra pops out of the cave beside the wagon and kills everyone but the guy chasing a dog chasing an alligator trying to pasture it... A little welcome back from DF?

The best, no only way to start fortress mode after a long absence.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #49276 on: January 16, 2017, 09:14:07 pm »

Oh man I remember hearing stories about forts like that. Some pretty amusing hermit fun.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49277 on: January 16, 2017, 09:51:36 pm »

Decided to get back into DF since my internet is kill... Embarked on a random tile because I couldn't remember what my old favourite site used to be. First thing that happens? A hydra pops out of the cave beside the wagon and kills everyone but the guy chasing a dog chasing an alligator trying to pasture it... A little welcome back from DF?
I actually laughed aloud :)  Welcome back mate.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #49278 on: January 16, 2017, 10:02:14 pm »

Hmm... One hour of gameplay and everyone's not tracking vomit and walnuts everywhere? YAY!
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49279 on: January 17, 2017, 07:31:56 am »

"The Stray Water Buffalo Bull (tame) has been missing for a week."

That message was surprising, because to my knowledge the fort didn't have any water buffaloes. I searched for a corpse and found it outside...

...in a cage...
...on back of another Water Buffalo Bull...
...in a tree.

Looks like the last Elven caravan become yet another victim of explosive tree growth. Roughcopper is truly dangerous place for traders... hope their profits are worth it.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 08:00:35 am by Staalo »
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

Ironfang

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats adopting dwarves isn't annoying, it's realism
    • View Profile
« Reply #49280 on: January 17, 2017, 07:36:40 am »

Where are you a forest?

Because I had the same issue with my only gem cutter and a cedar tree. The genius gem cutter will soon be buried in a wooden casket in the hall of dog pus. 
Human King: "So, how was your travel to dwarven lands?"
Human Diplomat: "Never piss off the dwarves, they have an army of hydras"

Dwarf Cook: "Another baby hydra meat roast coming up!"

Iren

• Bay Watcher
  • I BREW THE BEER I DRINK
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #49281 on: January 17, 2017, 08:25:24 am »

So I check back on this game after a lot of time, download the latest version, and now I apparently rule the Kingdom of Toilet Paper

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49282 on: January 17, 2017, 09:53:27 am »

Where are you a forest?

Because I had the same issue with my only gem cutter and a cedar tree. The genius gem cutter will soon be buried in a wooden casket in the hall of dog pus.

Yes, a Joyous Wilds forest biome. After 18 game years trees are growing so thick there is absolutely no wagon access through them besides few constructed roads.
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

Ironfang

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats adopting dwarves isn't annoying, it's realism
    • View Profile
« Reply #49283 on: January 17, 2017, 01:47:16 pm »

Where are you a forest?

Yes, a Joyous Wilds forest biome. After 18 game years trees are growing so thick there is absolutely no wagon access through them besides few constructed roads.

That's why I am clear cutting the trees. I am in a tropical forest.

Not helped by the river that is just shallow enough for some bright guys to try to swim across.
Human King: "So, how was your travel to dwarven lands?"
Human Diplomat: "Never piss off the dwarves, they have an army of hydras"

Dwarf Cook: "Another baby hydra meat roast coming up!"

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #49284 on: January 17, 2017, 05:14:28 pm »

Got back into the game. Lost half my fortress (Including my Goblin Ranger. Really need to dive into Legends and see what the deal with that guy was...) to a Weretortoise. Fortunately, only one Dwarf was infected and lived before the Weretortoise turned back into an Owlman and flew away.

That Dorf is currently contained after I turned a guard tower into an impromptu prison-box. After I realised he always transforms before dying of thirst, I'm building a new containment area that is outside the fortress and has a bridge to lock him in or release him at will.

Bring on the next Goblin Seige :)

EDIT: Aaaaand the Goblin Seige arrives. It's a single Goblin. Not even worth it.
EDIT 2: Yay Necromancy and Zombies! Now we're talking!
EDIT 3: Crap! Zombie Weretortoise!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 08:05:37 am by MorleyDev »

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49285 on: January 18, 2017, 10:02:25 am »

EDIT 3: Crap! Zombie Weretortoise!
Wonder if they still behave like non-DF hydras? I think not, but...

MehMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49286 on: January 18, 2017, 12:09:42 pm »

After some serious problems with infected guests and the wereelephant infection goin' round, I ended up building a new tavern on top of the volcano and sending everyone but three dwarves on a toasty little voyage to the center of the earth. Luckily, of the three dwarves I had locked outside because one of them was a were I had forgotten about, a giant polar bear killed the were and another, leaving it so that I could let in the last random guy (a useless peasant) so now I have four dwarves full time dumping corpses into the magma moat. Good times.

From now on the floor of the tavern is going to be entirely covered in saw blade weapon traps, pending further motherfucking werebeasts.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 12:12:19 pm by MehMuffin »

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49287 on: January 18, 2017, 12:57:50 pm »

Werebeasts are trapavoid, so that will just likely result in your dwarves dodging into sawblades and growing up to become a salsa.

MehMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49288 on: January 18, 2017, 01:34:13 pm »

Werebeasts are trapavoid, so that will just likely result in your dwarves dodging into sawblades and growing up to become a salsa.

That sounds good too. It's letting me train my giant polar bear for war so I think I'll see about getting a breeding pair and chaining up bears, uh, everywhere.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #49289 on: January 18, 2017, 03:13:15 pm »

Aged Angels isn't doing so well... We first lost our anvil to a kobold in the first month of the second year, just when I decided it was time to get all the iron I've gotten ready turned into weapons and arms... Then, a pair of hippos decided to sleep in the water next to my farm, and every time someone came by to collect, they'd hop out and chase them. The kobolds came back, this time there was two of them. They took the anvil I just bought off the humans. The other one took the -iron longsword- I'd bought to help train my one proficient swordsdwarf who came in. Hoping they don't come back at me swinging that sword. Definitely moving my communal stockpile underground now, and pasturing the dogs over the ramp.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.
Pages: 1 ... 3284 3285 [3286] 3287 3288 ... 3836