Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3294 3295 [3296] 3297 3298 ... 3836

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5840542 times)

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #49425 on: January 29, 2017, 09:31:32 am »

A visiting Human Astronomer and a visiting Human Naturalist are Discussing Reproduction in the library.

Well, okay then.

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #49426 on: January 29, 2017, 11:00:43 am »

Turns out sticking a 60000 dorfbuck artifact armor stand in the king's overlapping rooms was all it took to shot them all up to royal status. Cranking out platinum furniture in the hopes if he has everything he wants he'll stop demanding so many chains.

Also finished the tower of justice at the bottom of the slope, built a small memorial to an unburiable axelord, and finished paving a switchback road up the mountainside.

Next I think we really, really, need to finally construct proper sleeping and dining arrangements for the general populace.

Youre just like me! I always end up putting off beds for multiple years.

Anyways i'm testing my mods, and my tiny race of cavern kobolds is doing fine with their tiny little gunpowder weapons. they die a lot though. theyre smaller than normal kobolds, so thats to be expected
My mod: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=176501.0
The litten is wandering around the dump now, occasionally exploding.

Ironfang

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats adopting dwarves isn't annoying, it's realism
    • View Profile
« Reply #49427 on: January 29, 2017, 12:28:45 pm »

My lung fish are flying.
Human King: "So, how was your travel to dwarven lands?"
Human Diplomat: "Never piss off the dwarves, they have an army of hydras"

Dwarf Cook: "Another baby hydra meat roast coming up!"

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49428 on: January 29, 2017, 12:51:27 pm »

My lung fish are flying.
It is inevitable.

Derro

• Bay Watcher
  • Imprisoned Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #49429 on: January 29, 2017, 04:12:44 pm »

A visiting Human Astronomer and a visiting Human Naturalist are Discussing Reproduction in the library.

Well, okay then.

I suggest checking their genders.

Demonicfruitbasket

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #49430 on: January 29, 2017, 06:34:49 pm »

I had to halt all fishing because my fisherdwarves keep falling into the river and drowning. They all fall in the exact same spot too, so there is just a big group of 5 or 6 corpses in the river. I dont know why they're falling in, maybe they are just stupid and clumsy or committing suicide for some reason.....

....or maybe its those damn trout

Demonicfruitbasket

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #49431 on: January 29, 2017, 06:45:30 pm »

also, about a year or so ago, I had a dwarven caravan come in, drop everything they were carrying, and leave without stopping for a second. So yea, that happened

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Edible beserk! now available in masterwork!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49432 on: January 29, 2017, 07:03:36 pm »

also, about a year or so ago, I had a dwarven caravan come in, drop everything they were carrying, and leave without stopping for a second. So yea, that happened
did you have more than one trade depot
I am currently trying to comprehend what sick, mad, dwarven mind came up with the fortress name "Lancefondled", because it wasn't me.

nickbii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49433 on: January 29, 2017, 07:15:38 pm »

I had to halt all fishing because my fisherdwarves keep falling into the river and drowning. They all fall in the exact same spot too, so there is just a big group of 5 or 6 corpses in the river. I dont know why they're falling in, maybe they are just stupid and clumsy or committing suicide for some reason.....
What spot is it?

If it's a waterfall there was a known phenomena where the top of the waterfall would be 2-3 deep, so dwarves would think it was passable, and try to cross. They'd all be swept to their deaths. This seems to have been fixed for natural waterfalls, but not artificial ones.

Don't be ridiculous.

Everyone knows it's Carp that are absolutely terrifying.

Demonicfruitbasket

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #49434 on: January 29, 2017, 07:25:19 pm »

did you have more than one trade depot
yes but the other one was flooded a long time ago in an "accident" that killed an elven caravan.

Demonicfruitbasket

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #49435 on: January 29, 2017, 07:26:08 pm »

What spot is it?

If it's a waterfall there was a known phenomena where the top of the waterfall would be 2-3 deep, so dwarves would think it was passable, and try to cross. They'd all be swept to their deaths. This seems to have been fixed for natural waterfalls, but not artificial ones.

Don't be ridiculous.

Everyone knows it's Carp that are absolutely terrifying.
Its not a waterfall, just part of a river, also, oh god I just noticed the carp, that would explain the drowning dwarves
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 07:29:43 pm by Demonicfruitbasket »

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49436 on: January 29, 2017, 08:09:26 pm »

Meanwhile I'm dealing with the consequences of using the caverns as a drain once you start using the caverns for other things. Mostly in that I keep washing dwarves down small pits.

At least it keeps the healthcare dwarves busy. Doesn't help that literally every war/hunting animal I have is paralyzed from the waist down due to elephants.

Using the caverns as a general sewer should be on some list of things that seem like a good idea at the time but usually aren't in the long run.

Alchemist

• Bay Watcher
  • Edtulon, come see our death tower!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49437 on: January 29, 2017, 09:14:06 pm »

I have a slowly growing castle on the topside being built. Early 252 the fortress was abandoned to deal with the werecreature infection that left me with two dwarves. It was retired after that so I could look around as an adventurer, taken up again, and then infected with NOBLES. I abandoned again, reclaimed, and have a small group of dwarves making a large amount of slabs. Defenses will be started again once I can properly get mining. There's cage traps everywhere.

I've been using this time to experiment. When you abandon a fortress with a fairly popular inn and then reclaim, the former visitors are marked as hostile, hang around and not move, and have no penalty for killing it would seem, other than the possibility that your military can be damaged. A few of them got caught in cage traps, and I have them in a pit currently. I've learned that visitors don't seem to require food or drink to live, as I've had a Human Poet in the pit for about an in game year. I just sent down some friends (and a raven) to keep him company while I prep more cages using the abundant metals dead mercenaries have left me so generously.

Will update when interesting things happen.

Ironfang

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats adopting dwarves isn't annoying, it's realism
    • View Profile
« Reply #49438 on: January 29, 2017, 11:05:03 pm »

-poet's journal: day 420-

The world is savage,
The dwarves gone, only beasts left,
No good or water.
Human King: "So, how was your travel to dwarven lands?"
Human Diplomat: "Never piss off the dwarves, they have an army of hydras"

Dwarf Cook: "Another baby hydra meat roast coming up!"

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #49439 on: January 30, 2017, 09:54:17 am »

I've been generating what I call "Primeval worlds"; higher minimum savagery (Usually I go for a minimum of 25 so civs can still form), a handful of civs, and 100 megabeasts, semimegabeasts, and titans. if some civs dont go exinct in the 500 years the world gens, try again until theres like 2 civs left. The end result is a world ideal for settling if you want a "Rebuilding from the apocalypse" scenario
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 09:58:54 am by Kyubee »
My mod: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=176501.0
The litten is wandering around the dump now, occasionally exploding.
Pages: 1 ... 3294 3295 [3296] 3297 3298 ... 3836