Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 329 330 [331] 332 333 ... 3836

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5855604 times)

Glech

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #4950 on: August 15, 2010, 01:09:07 am »

Just made some wells so my dwarfs can drink water. I still need to grow more wheat to make enough alcohol. Some monkeys are stealing my shit. Trying to make a second part of my fortress across the river.

All in all, this fortress is boring great!

minozake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4951 on: August 15, 2010, 01:22:40 am »

My entire trade is based off of exporting rock crafts (thanks to my legendary stonecrafter) and importing any metal weapons and armor, since I'm stunted metal-wise.  I am making a surprise for an ex-mayor who had someone jailed (and the jailed one got dehydrated and died) for an export ban (retribution).

I like my military.  Very rare casualties, even from recruits, happen from any goblin ambush.  I have yet to get a siege, though, considering by generated wealth is over 500k.  I'm also in the odd position of having more adamantine than anything else to smith with, bar copper.  Also, no iron exists on my map as far as I'm aware.  I also have two caverns discovered, and am exploring for magma now.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #4952 on: August 15, 2010, 01:31:53 am »

My militia commander was standing between a marksdwarf and an archery target. The marksdwarf was listed as performing "Archery Practice", and the bolts were all hitting the target.

The commander was listed as "Lead Dodging Demonstration".

I think it worked.
くコ:彡

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4953 on: August 15, 2010, 01:42:54 am »

The save was corrupted. Everything in my last 3 posts is now null and void, I'm back before I got the 22-dorf migrant wave that brought be up to 41 dwarves, the walls aren't even finished and I hadn't conceived of the moat back then, hell I don't even have the workshops or stockpiles dug out. I'm pissed. Such a productive year, all gone!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Conflict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4954 on: August 15, 2010, 02:19:53 am »

Just working on my defenses. Having to mine down all sort of ramps at the moment. After that I'll need to set up more traps. Introduce a well inside my fortress as well in the near future.

phoenixuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4955 on: August 15, 2010, 03:02:05 am »

Wondering what on earth i'm going to do with the massive spreading lake of blood smears... tiles are currently showing 3 pages of different blood smears... my dwarves are literally WADING through blood!

Reni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4956 on: August 15, 2010, 04:29:15 am »

I just got two forgotten beasts right after each other. The first one was some kind of giant spider and quickly wiped nearly the whole ant man civilization, then killed the other forgotten beast.
At this point every body part exept the eyes and the brain, which were yellow, were red.
Suddenly the last of the ants shows up and a combat begins which shall continue for nearly a year and reach the glorius length of 149 pages at which point the ant man finally manages to stab his wooden spear in the spiders brain thus finishing it off.
In all this time i've build a pump stack to get the magma to the top and realized that i build the waterwhells powering the stack in the only spot of the river which is frozen until late spring. Well at least i now can start my steel production.
"Be polite; write diplomatically; even in a declaration of war one observes the rules of politeness."
Otto von Bismarck

Serio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4957 on: August 15, 2010, 05:44:54 am »

My otherwise adequate Mayor just got replaced by Zulban Zuglarokang, a Legendary Persuader/Negotiator/Judge of Intent/Intimidator/Conversationalist/Flatterer/Consoler/Pacifier, and Novice  Liar. After checking her profile, it turns out she apparently likes cows for their haunting moos. Good thing her room is in the more isolated region of the fort. In the upper levels of the fort, I've finished my garbage shaft, which is basically just a deep hole that leads into the mines. Now that I can't dump things outside thanks to the goblins, I have to dump the excess rocks into the mines. At least until I find some magma.

phoenixuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4958 on: August 15, 2010, 05:57:34 am »

2328651 created wealth.
263810 imported wealth
Population 181
5 ambushes
0 sieges
If this carries on i'm gonna crack open hell and start a new fort when the inevitable happens.

Alambique

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven science is underated.
    • View Profile
    • MY GUEST ROOM
« Reply #4959 on: August 15, 2010, 08:12:50 am »

I just lost my last 45 dwarves in less than two minutes to a nasty forgotten beast "C" that came from the 5th layer of caverns. It was lost of FUN!!!  :-X

Shurikane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shurikane.com
« Reply #4960 on: August 15, 2010, 08:58:44 am »

Still trying to flood my bottom-most Z-level with magma.  I'm not successful so far...

• I tried first digging a hole into the pipe to let the magma flow out.  It went on for a few tiles then stopped spreading.
  • I dug more holes and created a network of channels to help the magma spread around.  Again, this did not have any success
[li]Finally, I prepared some screw pumps and then forced the magma further.  This brought it out to a better distance but I still have half the level to cover and it's like even pumping's not doing the trick anymore.
[/li][/list]

I'm at a loss of what to do now!  :(

Valguris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4961 on: August 15, 2010, 09:24:50 am »

I lost another militia commander in a kobold + goblin ambush. Seriously, it's fourth time in the last 2 years + this spring.
Crushed my expedition leader under drawbridge :( and left elf diplomat unhappy :).
Now i somehow managed to piss off human merchants with my generous offer. I have no idea what they didn't like about it. Eh, whatever.

EDIT:
my gem cutter withdraws from society and... takes faint yellow diamond! pity, only 1 material. Let's see what he makes with it. :)
EDIT2:
A perfect light yellow diamond. At least it's worth 72k DB. More than all my other artifacts together.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 09:29:29 am by Valguris »

Encased in burning magma

• Bay Watcher
  • Nekkid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4962 on: August 15, 2010, 09:28:44 am »

Thanks to a bugged floodgate apparently being counted twice, I am at 60 000 000 created wealth.
PAUSE!

"The forgotten beast..." niah niah... "A great cavy with lidless eyes.  It has a short trunk and it belches and croaks. Beware it's webs!"
Snorting, I send my military.
It got stuck somehow, despite me trying to bait it. Oh well, preparing cave in...

"A blind cave ogre has destroyed..."
Invasion of cave creatures! Argh!
I send the death squad in and they start killing.

"A vile force of darkness has arrived".
Last siege was 6 gobs and a cave crawler, and I have the newbie squad defending the surface. How bad could it be?
I just forgot the 50 000 000 wealth difference between then and now.

That's... that's a lot of pages... Oh god the blood.

Update: they destroyed marchants, diplomats, and 15 military dwarves.
Then came my commander with her named FB-slaying military axe. Kib, the Rough Fur of Voicing, worshipper of a divinity of war, metal, and fortresses.
"STOP! GO BACK! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!"
Despite my yelling and stationing, she dived straight into the middle of the onslaught, brandishing her named masterwork adamantine battle axe, "The Fed Rampage".
She killed them all.
Yellow wrist, tough. I guess she strained it or something!

PS: I lol'd while reading the blood covering list for the axe. How can they even recognise that? "See? that little stain there tastes just like Spiritfell, the cave crocodile. And that one is from..."
PPS: I was wondering what to do with a 17 000 000 db floodgate. Now I know.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 10:12:25 am by Encased in burning magma »
[MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4963 on: August 15, 2010, 11:57:32 am »

I picked a no-skill fresh immigrant dwarf to be my first captain of the guard.  Immediately upon doing so, he decided to administer a beating for a violated production order a year ago.  The poor dwarf thought he had passed the statute of limitations, but he got a hell of a beating.  The fourth punch jammed his skull through his brain.  I was quite shocked.  The guard captain has no "mighty" or "strong" on him.  The damn production order that was violated way back when was for horn silver items. Now you might say, just kill the mayor since he makes such ridiculous requests, the thing is, he's my expert armor smith and master gem setter.  Guess its time to build some chains.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

Urist McNewb

• Bay Watcher
  • Damned zombies! You will be CULLED!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4964 on: August 15, 2010, 12:20:20 pm »

I'm working on my first aboveground, and so far, all wooden castle...damned zombie goats won't let me build in peace though...
And so, the world that had turned due to complex space formula, started to turn on simply the tears of gamers, remember to QQ, it fuels us!
Pages: 1 ... 329 330 [331] 332 333 ... 3836