Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 330 331 [332] 333 334 ... 3836

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5842976 times)

phoenixuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #4965 on: August 15, 2010, 01:26:03 pm »

My bloody baroness keeps demanding native gold items... i've smelted a tonne of native gold, but because it becomes gold, you can't complete her request >.< can you build a wall out of native gold ore?

Valguris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4966 on: August 15, 2010, 01:32:21 pm »

Oh my! My master bone carver withdrawed from society (why all my moods are like that? lack of social skills amongst my dwarves?) and took 17 camel bones, 17 giant leopard bones (!), (cut) light yellow diamond (!), rough tube agate, 2 rough tigereyes and leopard leather. Wow, just WOW. All my artifacts except a thong (worth 7k DB anyway) were made of single material. This must be something good :D.
Pity he didn't go fey earlier... would be larger boost than from Master -> Legendary. Eh, what am I complaining about?!

EDIT:

worth 1200 DB.
WHAT?! Bug, isn't it? All other items disappeared.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 01:48:56 pm by Valguris »

Encased in burning magma

• Bay Watcher
  • Nekkid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4967 on: August 15, 2010, 01:47:08 pm »

My bloody baroness keeps demanding native gold items... i've smelted a tonne of native gold, but because it becomes gold, you can't complete her request >.< can you build a wall out of native gold ore?
1) z, economic stone settings, unselect native gold ore.
2) stockpile next to mason's workshop
3) Assign mason
4) forbid gold ore again
or
1) Lock baroness
2) Flood in magma
[MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4968 on: August 15, 2010, 02:02:36 pm »

3) Construck Rock Statue/R
4) forbid gold ore again
and
1) Lock baroness
2) Flood in magma

Fixed.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #4969 on: August 15, 2010, 02:05:28 pm »

WHAT?! Bug, isn't it? All other items disappeared.
Known bug, artifacts made of bone are missing all items past the first and have no decorations.  Seems to be specific to 31.12

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=2806
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4970 on: August 15, 2010, 02:11:37 pm »

Elk Birds :(

Also, a cave crocodile ate my miner.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Encased in burning magma

• Bay Watcher
  • Nekkid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4971 on: August 15, 2010, 02:12:44 pm »

3) Construck Rock Statue/R
4) forbid gold ore again
and
1) Lock baroness
2) Flood in magma

Fixed.

If you want to make gold statues, you can at least have them made by a good mason.
[MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
  • Purveyor of Ridiculous machinery.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4972 on: August 15, 2010, 02:38:05 pm »

I've noticed that if you start in a section of ocean bordering land it is fairly shallow, if you embarked in the middle of the ocean it would logically be much deeper right?

I'm thinking of an embark on the ocean, but Can't tihnk of how to do it without running into the "Constructions in ice lead to black squares of doom" bit. or not being able to embark because there's no solid ground.
"Mayor, the Nobles are complaining again!"

*Mayor facepalms*

"pull the lever of magmatic happiness"

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4973 on: August 15, 2010, 02:51:26 pm »

Elk birds need to be nerfed. >:(
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

MaDeR Levap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4974 on: August 15, 2010, 03:18:11 pm »

Embarking on purple/green with cave and river on same square was bad idea. So much blood... and corpses... skeletal hydra with two skeletal troll goonies... and later skeletal eagle... oh my. At least skeletal marmots can be killed easily by one dorf.

Anyway, now I play hermit fortress. Well, until I got immigrants - 4 dorfs, including two childs. So 3 pairs of useful hands. This will be interesting.

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4975 on: August 15, 2010, 03:19:06 pm »

I've noticed that if you start in a section of ocean bordering land it is fairly shallow, if you embarked in the middle of the ocean it would logically be much deeper right?

I'm thinking of an embark on the ocean, but Can't tihnk of how to do it without running into the "Constructions in ice lead to black squares of doom" bit. or not being able to embark because there's no solid ground.

The last bit would stop you from embarking in the middle of the ocean. Though I suppose embarking on a very small island might mean that the oceans are deeper.
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4976 on: August 15, 2010, 03:20:17 pm »

Ugh. My fortress stupided itself to death. Everyone's starving because the farmers decided not to plant plants for some reason.

EDIT:

Gonna try boozecooking.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 03:23:41 pm by Schilcote »

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
  • Purveyor of Ridiculous machinery.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4977 on: August 15, 2010, 03:23:48 pm »

Actually, I think I'll just make it work in one of my current forts, I'll just have to drag some magma to the surface to melt a section of my ocean, then use it to flood a cavern I carve out to make my underwater city.
"Mayor, the Nobles are complaining again!"

*Mayor facepalms*

"pull the lever of magmatic happiness"

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4978 on: August 15, 2010, 03:24:41 pm »

Actually, I think I'll just make it work in one of my current forts, I'll just have to drag some magma to the surface to melt a section of my ocean, then use it to flood a cavern I carve out to make my underwater city.

Use one of the DFhack tools to generate magma.

Lord Braindead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4979 on: August 15, 2010, 03:32:31 pm »

One of my axedwarves seems to be unable to die.

He hast lost his left arm in an earlier battle while breaking nearly every bone in his arms and legs but now he is in the hospital with 5 smashed  bones (right upper arm, right upper shoulder, left upper leg, right upper leg, right floating rib), 3 compound fractures (right lower arm, right lower leg, left lower leg) and Armok knows how many other bones broken or smashed open. Bonefragments had also injured both lungs, his liver and his heart but he didn't seem to care about this annoying little 'heavy internal bleeding'-stuff.

Oh, and he also lost his right hand in this battle (roughly 15 macegobbos and one with a hammer) but i am unable to determine how he achieved this...

Currently he is in my hospital where my dabbling bonedoctor tries to puzzle him back together and i don't really know what to do with him after he is 'healthy' again... Any suggestions?
Pages: 1 ... 330 331 [332] 333 334 ... 3836