Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 332 333 [334] 335 336 ... 3836

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5851631 times)

melomel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #4995 on: August 15, 2010, 07:20:12 pm »

Dude, I can imagine hordes of war gorrilas with armor running into an elf caravan and ripping them into tiny pieces and shit.

Awesome.

I caught a breeding herd of elephants, once.

The whole topside was awash in blood.  <3  oh the memories

Also I have a saltwater croc now <3 <3 and am working on collecting the regular and giant big cats GOD DAMMIT someone tell me the DM bug has been fixed :[
I HAVE THREE HUNDRED THOUSAND CRAFT ITEMS. I WILL TRADE THEM ALL FOR CHEESE.
7+7

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4996 on: August 15, 2010, 07:21:46 pm »

And carp blood.
A: How much blood is in a carp?
B: How much work does it take to kill one carp?
C: How much blood fills a barrel?

I dunno, but with one 500 DB Frog Bone Crown, I can purchase 25 barrels of carp blood. Or five anvils. Something seems off, why are these things worth so much? A crutch costs many thousands of DB...
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

melomel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4997 on: August 15, 2010, 07:28:42 pm »

I'm pretty sure carp have more blood than monarch butterflies.

What really scares me are the barrels of...  "liquid".
I HAVE THREE HUNDRED THOUSAND CRAFT ITEMS. I WILL TRADE THEM ALL FOR CHEESE.
7+7

Macalano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4998 on: August 15, 2010, 07:30:54 pm »

I was building a 9x9 tower infinitely skyward, had a pretty stable fort going, was planning on showing it off.
It was pretty neat. 5 years to make so far...

Saved the game, it crashes.

Spaghetti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4999 on: August 15, 2010, 07:31:07 pm »

So... I am flooding hell with water.

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5000 on: August 15, 2010, 07:35:42 pm »

So... I am flooding hell with water.

Oh Gods I love this game.

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5001 on: August 15, 2010, 07:38:02 pm »

Dude, I can imagine hordes of war gorrilas with armor running into an elf caravan and ripping them into tiny pieces and shit.

Awesome.

I caught a breeding herd of elephants, once.

The whole topside was awash in blood.  <3  oh the memories

Also I have a saltwater croc now <3 <3 and am working on collecting the regular and giant big cats GOD DAMMIT someone tell me the DM bug has been fixed :[

I wish I had some god war animals on my embark site. Everything here is a blasted zombie. The only normal animals I've seen have been Gazelles and Ogres. Speaking of which, the Ogres never seem to show up when the Goblins are here. I think they have some kind of pact formed over their mutual hatred for my Fort.

Anyways, Townbrush is still in lockdown. I realized that marksdwarves could help solve this predicament. Unfortunately, nobody in my fort knows how to use a bow. The best I could find was a novice. He's been firing bone bolts down at the goblins for a few days, and so far all he has succeeded in doing is breaking one of the Goblin's ears. I would give him some better bolts, but I don't have enough bars to produce metal bolts. And I don't have any fuel left to make more.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 09:05:57 pm by Internet Kraken »
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

Tanase

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5002 on: August 15, 2010, 07:41:12 pm »

Just embarked on a new desert. While checking my stocks, I notice I have something in weapons. It shows to be a masterwork blue metal short sword. Zooming to it shows it deep underground. This is a first for me.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5003 on: August 15, 2010, 07:54:55 pm »

Just embarked on a new desert. While checking my stocks, I notice I have something in weapons. It shows to be a masterwork blue metal short sword. Zooming to it shows it deep underground. This is a first for me.

Don't read if you want to be suprised.
Spoiler: Actually a spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, secritive glassmaker. Something's wierd with moody glassmakers, nothing seems to placate them...

WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

FlamingCow

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Cow!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5004 on: August 15, 2010, 09:18:25 pm »

Just lost 5 of my 6 military dwarfs to forgotten beast extract and Fevers (that caused them to bleed out in seconds). One left, let's hope he can live long enough for the oldest children to grow up and become recruits (should be 2 years, minimum).

Zaik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5005 on: August 15, 2010, 09:22:55 pm »

i kind of let my animals get out of control with the breeding and am now desperately trying to lower their numbers. there's 4 butcher shops going nonstop, miasma everywhere, elephant and kitten bones all over the place, and a refuse pile big enough i'm surprised goblins aren't living in it.
[MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]

timtek

• Bay Watcher
  • I <3 Tacos
    • View Profile
« Reply #5006 on: August 15, 2010, 09:25:24 pm »

i kind of let my animals get out of control with the breeding and am now desperately trying to lower their numbers. there's 4 butcher shops going nonstop, miasma everywhere, elephant and kitten bones all over the place, and a refuse pile big enough i'm surprised goblins aren't living in it.

Elephants breed like crazy! I have more elephants calfs than I could possibly need.
My fortress brings all the dorfs to mah yard...

shadowform

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5007 on: August 15, 2010, 09:55:24 pm »

One of my dwarves gave birth while running across a wall to replace an old section of rough stone with block stone.  It took her a few seconds to realize she wasn't pregnant anymore, drop the block, and double back to pick up her new son.
Q: What do you get when you take 100 clear glass windows, 1000 silver bars, 6700 gold bars, and 18,000 marble blocks?

A: A very large wall.

"Alright, here's Helltooth... Harborfence... Urist, come get GenericBlade... and you. Welcome to the Danger Room. First timers get good ol' Ballswallowed. Have fun and try not to take off your own toe."

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5008 on: August 15, 2010, 09:57:55 pm »

Okay, the Ogres have the be allied with the goblins. It's the only explanation for their bizarre behavior. When they showed up on the map, I was glad for once. They would inevitably end up in a fight with the Goblins. Instead, they went in the opposite direction of the goblins. They went toward my megaproject and entered the mausoleum located beneath it. I feared that they were going to smash everything inside, but instead they're just hanging out inside. They've made it their own little Ogre hamlet. So now once I deal with the Goblins I'll have Ogres to fight. Though by this point that's par for the course.

Also after examining some of the feature of Dwarf Therapist I learned that only 3 of the original founders are still alive. In fact, almost all of the Dwarves from the forts early years have died. Now only the idiots that thought it was a good idea to visit our little slice of hell remain.

EDIT: The goblins finally left. However, not before one final insult to my Fortress. One of the swordsman didn't go with them. He stayed, and made his way into the Fortress since I didn't notice his presence. He took only one victim; my very last soldier. Since she was basically a cripple, she didn't put up a fight and was cut down almost instantly. Then, like a coward, the Goblin fled into the depths of my Fortress and proceeded to exit the map through the caverns. The only upside to this is that it revealed a flaw in my cavern defenses.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 10:38:45 pm by Internet Kraken »
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
  • Purveyor of Ridiculous machinery.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5009 on: August 16, 2010, 12:09:02 am »

I've decided large Diagonal passageways are a pain to designate. especially if you're doing a radial pattern.
"Mayor, the Nobles are complaining again!"

*Mayor facepalms*

"pull the lever of magmatic happiness"
Pages: 1 ... 332 333 [334] 335 336 ... 3836