Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3332 3333 [3334] 3335 3336 ... 3836

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5841864 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #49995 on: April 25, 2017, 05:08:15 pm »

Werecreatures can arrive stealthed.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #49996 on: April 25, 2017, 05:28:48 pm »

Glad that this happened now of all times then. Especially since the necromancers were caught in cage traps so they can't reanimate it.

escondida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49997 on: April 27, 2017, 09:52:31 pm »

Glad that this happened now of all times then. Especially since the necromancers were caught in cage traps so they can't reanimate it.

On the other hand, this presents you with an invaluable opportunity to witness first hand Staalo's werezombie cloning technique.

azrael4h

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Dwarf Fortress-centric You Tube videos, part of my nominally vintage gaming channel.
« Reply #49998 on: April 27, 2017, 10:50:41 pm »

After 17 years, and over 500 dwarves (200 or so remaining) Halldistance has been retired, having secured the place of Mountainhomes. Left are 140 standing soldiers, clad in masterwork iron and steel, and another 50 or so armored and at least trained and able to defend themselves.

I went into legends, and found that Halldistance not only is the mountainhomes. It is the last site of the Lash of Forever. In the civilization's history of 117 years, 5 sites were founded. All 5 were destroyed. One multiple times as it was resettled. Halldistance was rebuilt after 2 years, and remained settled for 15 years after. But the rest have fell within a few years of founding, though there was a queen for nearly a century before I retired Halldistance.

I guess they were a nomad culture for a time? Or maybe they only came to Halldistance after the destruction of the mountainhomes. Might explain why my queen wasn't that bad, ordering only bolts and chains, and forbidding their sale. Also why it was just her and her consort/general, and a bunch of peasants. I was expecting a royal guard, and had prepared a barracks for them in the throne room. Ah well. 

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #49999 on: April 28, 2017, 07:00:34 am »

Found I could make a statue of the clown summoning slab complete with words and such, does that mean that the civilization my dwarves belong to somehow got ahold of the slab? Would explain the shining metal that keeps coming in from traders.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50000 on: April 28, 2017, 12:24:12 pm »

On the other hand, this presents you with an invaluable opportunity to witness first hand Staalo's werezombie cloning technique.

I will have to try this, since I have three captured necros anyway. The problem is this:
A. It has been laying around long enough after the siege recovery that it is now a skeleton, and I don't know how that will effect things.
B. And more importantly, it was decapitated by an undead, so I don't know if it can reanimate anymore.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #50001 on: April 28, 2017, 06:56:08 pm »

Was in the process of making a military fort, where everyone has to be a soldier at least part time, and we're just working in a hillside wooden fort dug in a layer or two, as many mercenaries as possible, suddenly the king arrives... As a visitor? To my puny tavern? He's getting drunk with the elves and the cats and everything... Can he petition to stay here if he likes it?

Side note: Any particular reason my scroll wheel doesn't work on this site?
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

EldritchVoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50002 on: April 28, 2017, 08:29:00 pm »

For my current fort the only big plan I had was to make a large library, but I unfortunately became far more ambitious and have decided to build a large above-ground fortress spanning multiple z-levels. Made plans underground because it is easier to look at.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I think it is safe to say that just the walls (3 z-levels tall) and towers (7 z-levels tall) will consume 100+ hours, likely doubled due to me wanting to make them out of iron or bronze and there being no iron or tin in the layer below the soil or in the first cavern. I also intend to make a clear glass dome to keep out fliers, and Im not looking forward to that either.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 10:36:34 am by EldritchVoid »

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50003 on: April 28, 2017, 09:00:47 pm »

Oh god I thought I was the only one.

I have been dealing with this glitch as long as I have been on this website. I don't understand it, but it only seems to work in the one tab, so if you open up the forums in a different tab it should start working again. Other than that, I cannot help you. Sorry!

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #50004 on: April 28, 2017, 09:10:39 pm »

I have been dealing with this glitch as long as I have been on this website. I don't understand it, but it only seems to work in the one tab, so if you open up the forums in a different tab it should start working again. Other than that, I cannot help you. Sorry!

Thank you!
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50005 on: April 29, 2017, 04:45:36 am »

I've had intermittent problems with the scroll wheel on multiple sites but generally tab specific. Wonder if its a browser related issue instead (I'm using Chrome). Usually happens when I go and refresh a page before it has fully loaded or go back to a page while another was loading.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

min40

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50006 on: April 29, 2017, 05:39:01 am »

one of my dwarfs created this artifact:
Abalobot Umommezum, "Palecracked the Dark Smokes", a lead bed
This is a lead bed. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of opossum bone. This object is adorned with hanging rings of brown zircon.
On the item is an image of Sibrek Mirrorcobalt the dwarf and dwarves in lead. Sibrek Mirrorcobalt is surrounded by the dwarves. The artwork relates to the ascension of the dwarf Sibrek Mirrorcobalt to the position of queen of The Confident Bells in 193.

Its worth 30000$
A bed made of metal? is this a bug or it just happens from time to time?

Astrid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50007 on: April 29, 2017, 06:12:01 am »

That's a feature not a bug. Strange moods can come up with strange things as it suggest. Have seen a glass bed once. Wanna sleep on it?

Astrid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50008 on: April 29, 2017, 04:05:00 pm »

Whatcha gonna say.... *shrugs and taps off*

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50009 on: April 29, 2017, 04:13:33 pm »

Constructive indeed.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 ... 3332 3333 [3334] 3335 3336 ... 3836