Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3338 3339 [3340] 3341 3342 ... 3836

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5861534 times)

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #50085 on: May 14, 2017, 09:06:09 pm »

Just had a random human swordsman show up in the caverns... He walked in and became a visitor like normal, except he appears from the third cavern layer... Killed a few crundles on his way to us, pretty effortlessly too. Hoping he joins up, it'd be nice to learn why he was in the caverns.

Could just be a random explorer, at least that'd be my theory. What kind of name does he have? Human or dwarven?

Asshat just changed into a weregekko. I guess with access they can escape to caverns in world gen? And he had a dwarven style name, Cog something.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50086 on: May 14, 2017, 10:20:40 pm »

I would have presumed some sort of taming expedition until the weregeckoness happened.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #50087 on: May 15, 2017, 06:11:43 am »

Did not know that the circus could have kids, interested to see how large the clown population gets.

edit: decided I'm going to try and capture some circus members and start a breeding program.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 11:29:12 am by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Inconspicuous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50088 on: May 16, 2017, 11:09:48 am »

A dwarf with 62 cousins came to visit my fort. Wish she would've brought them, we're low on workers at the moment.
I know it's your opinion, but your opinion is just WRONG.
-Yahtzee

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #50089 on: May 16, 2017, 11:25:33 am »

Started a new fort b/c it's been a while.
Name: Ballswallowed.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #50090 on: May 16, 2017, 11:36:18 am »

Wow, that's unfortunate. All your migrants are probably going to be gay, you realise.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Maul_Junior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50091 on: May 16, 2017, 04:34:08 pm »

Wow, that's unfortunate. All your migrants are probably going to be gay, you realise.

Unfortunate?

Or FABULOUS
Quote from: Meph
I didn't actually say this.

Quote from: smurfingtonthethird
there is nothing funnier than watching a goblin army get assaulted by hundreds of war chickens.

Any new discovery, sufficiently weaponize, is indistinguishable from !!FUN!!

Snafu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50092 on: May 16, 2017, 06:28:25 pm »

A dwarf with 62 cousins came to visit my fort.
VAMP ALERT!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #50093 on: May 16, 2017, 07:59:07 pm »

VAMP ALERT!
That's actually not that uncommon, especially in a young world. See, a dwarf couple has ten kids. Most of those kids get married and have ten kids of their own. It's possible to have over a hundred cousins. I've seen it happen.

azrael4h

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Dwarf Fortress-centric You Tube videos, part of my nominally vintage gaming channel.
« Reply #50094 on: May 16, 2017, 10:52:34 pm »

VAMP ALERT!
That's actually not that uncommon, especially in a young world. See, a dwarf couple has ten kids. Most of those kids get married and have ten kids of their own. It's possible to have over a hundred cousins. I've seen it happen.

Yep, I have a family that is related to a quarter of my fort right now in some fashion.

I'm on my third bugged siege. First one got 22, killed them and the 'siege' tag didn't go away for a year. Second one, 1, and it took 2 years to go away. This one, no one showed up to siege me.

It's been a boring town. My candy spire was a solid mass, so now I have candy weapons and armor with no risk. Bugged sieges don't bring me toys. The only thing interesting was the dragon... who got conked on the head by a falling tree and knocked out, rendering it easy pickings; and a flying, web-spewing pigeon who shattered a couple necks before being de-winged by a pair of Macelords.

I've lost twice as many to failed moods and minor riots than anything else. Think once the roads out are built and the siege tag vanishes in a couple years, I'll retire the town.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50095 on: May 16, 2017, 11:15:31 pm »

VAMP ALERT!

Yep, I have a family that is related to a quarter of my fort right now in some fashion.

I'm on my third bugged siege. First one got 22, killed them and the 'siege' tag didn't go away for a year. Second one, 1, and it took 2 years to go away. This one, no one showed up to siege me.

It's been a boring town. My candy spire was a solid mass, so now I have candy weapons and armor with no risk. Bugged sieges don't bring me toys. The only thing interesting was the dragon... who got conked on the head by a falling tree and knocked out, rendering it easy pickings; and a flying, web-spewing pigeon who shattered a couple necks before being de-winged by a pair of Macelords.

I've lost twice as many to failed moods and minor riots than anything else. Think once the roads out are built and the siege tag vanishes in a couple years, I'll retire the town.

Capture a bunch of dangerous beasts, build some maze-like catacombs and fill them with skeletons. Throw the monsters in the catacombs, retire the fort, and you have an instant adventure-mode nightmare set out for you.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

RocheLimit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50096 on: May 17, 2017, 05:40:39 am »

VAMP ALERT!

Try this script to recover stuck sieges.

Also recovers incomplete caravans, forgotten beasts that announce they have arrived but never do, and random packs of wildlife.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50097 on: May 17, 2017, 07:38:58 am »

Managed to find a save of my fort, though it was in the early days of the clown breeding project. I must admit I love how you can see where my dwarves have been based on the trails of vomit they leave from being cave adapted. The bigger the vomit piles the more dwarves that have been to a place.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #50098 on: May 17, 2017, 08:42:36 am »

Managed to find a save of my fort, though it was in the early days of the clown breeding project. I must admit I love how you can see where my dwarves have been based on the trails of vomit they leave from being cave adapted. The bigger the vomit piles the more dwarves that have been to a place.
I thought I was the only one! How did you capture your demons? What do you breeding them for?

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50099 on: May 17, 2017, 09:21:29 am »

I thought I was the only one! How did you capture your demons? What do you breeding them for?
I used a miner and a bunch of dogs to bait them into an air lock, Then cconnected the air lock to a large crimson tower full of fortifications near where the invading goblin and elves arrive on map and baited them there using more dogs before sealing them in with a bridge.  I just have tons of demons breeding this tower and I occaisionaly open another airlock to let a few out onto an artifact adamantine trap I have to disabble them where I can have my archers train on their unconcious, bleeding bodies. Oh and to prevent the demons from firing fireballs through and burning my dwarves I have a water fall near the fortifications the dwarves fire through...also do demons have any value in their bones, hides, or body parts?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 09:25:32 am by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 3338 3339 [3340] 3341 3342 ... 3836