Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3361 3362 [3363] 3364 3365 ... 3612

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 3165770 times)

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #50430 on: July 16, 2017, 09:32:34 am »

Just embarked a new fortress, checked the name and group: Savageanvils is our fort, with the group we embarked named The Fortifications of Anvils. I like your style RNGesus, I like your style.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Pirate Santa

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_EATER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50431 on: July 20, 2017, 02:18:06 am »

The structure henceforth known as the Gatehouse is almost complete.

The new justice centre in the basement has officially replaced the old tower of justice, said tower has had it's ground level entrance sealed and a new access tunnel dug so the mentally ill dwarf in the basement can remain safe and cared for no matter how many cyclops attack us.

Preparations are also complete on the new and improved siege bunker one level above the new justice centre. Improvements include permanent guard animals at the entrance and 100% less staircases to the caverns.

Meanwhile the above ground portion of the Gatehouse mostly needs one of its towers topped off and furniture moved in. The Royal Guard have already been assigned to train in the courtyard, eight useless peasants brave souls ready to lay down their lives to prevent any harm from reaching the King in his palace at the mountain's peak.
Welcome to Dwarf Fortress. Where peaceful death of old age is something nobody sees coming.
it turns out Dog Bone Doctors aren't very good at doctoring.

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50432 on: July 20, 2017, 03:19:02 am »

Just embarked a new fortress, checked the name and group: Savageanvils is our fort, with the group we embarked named The Fortifications of Anvils. I like your style RNGesus, I like your style.

I once had The Hot Lanterns of The Regal Volcano founding Searingmines. That happened to be a volcano fort, of course. Lots of fire-related action on that one.

For my current fort RNG produced an oddly familiar name: Windhelm. I haven't played Skyrim, what should I expect with a name like that?
In 158, the dark creature Liceyi Coastalworship became a astronomer in the depths of the world

>>>>>     @>

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50433 on: July 20, 2017, 02:34:39 pm »

Cold, and a rebellion using it as a capitol

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • Foo, bar, quux, baz...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50434 on: July 21, 2017, 10:46:33 am »

I reclaimed a fortress. My dwarves now must drink stagnant water until either we get the plump helmet fields going again, or I finally decide to create a screw pump.
"Continue struggling, laws of physics be darned."
 - NRDL
"What, are you stupid or something? Every one of the snake's bones is crushed! Its internal organs are torn apart! There is no way you can - (6) You resuscitate the snake."
- Gatleos

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
  • The only person who cares about Tales from Entar
    • View Profile
« Reply #50435 on: July 21, 2017, 11:53:14 am »

Nothing.

Literally nothing.

Population's at a steady 300+ (including visitors), domesticated GCS and surprisingly generous caverns have guaranteed EVERYONE has silk and gold covering them from head to toe, all of my militia have been training for a solid decade and are legendary in pretty much every combat skill, the king and his squad came and settled, struck enough adamantine to make my militia untouchable, entrance is pretty much impenetrable and I have four forgotten beasts dead, with a fifth caged.

Where's the fun? Were it not so laggy I'd have just dug down to the Circus by now :'(

Dragonunion

• Bay Watcher
  • ... challenges the monsters
    • View Profile
    • Jinx Guide :: League of Legends Jinx Strategy Build Guide on MOBAFire
Re: Bad migrant wave
« Reply #50437 on: July 22, 2017, 02:51:45 am »

I've started a new fort with many neighbors: humans, dwarfs, elfs, goblins, kobolds and a tower

I've started my fort a all works fine. Then came the best migrant wave ever  :D
5 migrants. One bowjer and one stonecrafter that are merried and their 3 childs. No animals
So I hope, that the tower doesn't send zombies. Its a bit in distance, but you never know :)

Have a happy day in your fort!
Older then humanity...
XD

andrian

• Bay Watcher
  • If all else fails, hit it with a hammer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50438 on: July 22, 2017, 07:16:08 am »

Okay, guys... A Titan just showed up in my fortress, and it has a description unlike anything I've seen before.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Have I... just been attacked by the spirit of the holidays?

UPDATE: The spirit of the holidays just kicked one of my tanners so hard his nuts exploded.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 07:31:34 am by andrian »

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #50439 on: July 22, 2017, 08:43:26 am »

Okay, guys... A Titan just showed up in my fortress, and it has a description unlike anything I've seen before.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Have I... just been attacked by the spirit of the holidays?

UPDATE: The spirit of the holidays just kicked one of my tanners so hard his nuts exploded.

I've never seen an "Aura of Giving and Kindness" before either. I didn't know that was a thing. Does it do anything different? Or are those just it's spheres?

andrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50440 on: July 22, 2017, 08:47:24 am »

I've never seen an "Aura of Giving and Kindness" before either. I didn't know that was a thing. Does it do anything different? Or are those just it's spheres?

No clue. It didn't seem to change anything, but I don't even know how I'd find that out.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50441 on: July 22, 2017, 01:12:29 pm »

I mean if it were going to do anything, then it would make any dwarf within it's field of activity be... really giving and kind?

Basically it would turn your dwarves into anti-dwarves, and whenever they interacted with a dwarf, they'd both be annihilated in a blazing ball of magma.

Better to kill it quickly.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #50442 on: July 22, 2017, 01:19:30 pm »

I mean if it were going to do anything, then it would make any dwarf within it's field of activity be... really giving and kind?

Basically it would turn your dwarves into anti-dwarves, and whenever they interacted with a dwarf, they'd both be annihilated in a blazing ball of magma.

Better to kill it quickly.

I mean, it couldn't give you coal or something like that. You know the DF community, they'd exploit anything the Spirit of Christmas gave them.

Romeofalling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Art of Amul
« Reply #50443 on: July 22, 2017, 01:45:00 pm »

I mean, it couldn't give you coal or something like that. You know the DF community, they'd exploit anything the Spirit of Christmas gave them.

I know exactly which dorfs I'd assign to demonstrating appreciation of someone gave my current fort some gorram coal.

andrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50444 on: July 22, 2017, 04:59:01 pm »

Sadly, the spirit of the holidays is dead now. I sent some marksdwarves to take it out from behind my fortifications, but before any of them could fire a killing shot, a human visitor managed to kill it with a spear thrust to the heart. I made an exception to my "no non-dwarven mercenaries" policy for that human.
Pages: 1 ... 3361 3362 [3363] 3364 3365 ... 3612