Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3369 3370 [3371] 3372 3373 ... 3836

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5840977 times)

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #50550 on: August 28, 2017, 07:31:12 pm »

I think it was a titan. Titans can be based on all sorts of creatures, not just those present in the game.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

ShimmerFairy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50551 on: August 28, 2017, 08:15:32 pm »

Nulce Sporroabe, Human Scholar vampire is visiting.

I'm probably going to kill them, since I don't want vampire troubles on my hands, but OTOH I could let things get interesting.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50552 on: August 29, 2017, 11:02:04 am »

I'm probably going to kill them, since I don't want vampire troubles on my hands, but OTOH I could let things get interesting.
Kill him in your water supply, and then forbid all the booze

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #50553 on: August 29, 2017, 11:14:32 am »

Kill him in your water supply, and then forbid all the booze

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50554 on: August 29, 2017, 11:48:43 am »

Bah. Hiring Dobby the House Goblin for my militia might have been a mistake. After a decade of military training in my other fort she is now so ridiculously buff she kill-steals everything from my regular recruits. Might as well put all the others to some useful work.
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50555 on: August 29, 2017, 07:46:56 pm »

Building a surface fort, with most of the housing being in rows of Roman-style insulae, with workshops on the first floor, and bedrooms on the second(each workshop+2 beds are in a single unit). Each insula provides 20 beds and 10 workshops. Initially tried to build from stone, except I couldn't put out enough blocks. Tried to use wood for interior walls and floors, but almost ran out of wood. It's closing on the second year, and now my stone industry is capable of providing enough stone(plus enough labor) to get a new insula built within about a season - if only the carpenters could put out beds, doors, and cabinets so fast.

Currently have 4 built insulae, one on the way, and almost 160 dwarves(extra free housing is provided in the manager's office). The military is almost fully steeled, with a few people preferring to use goblinite scrap, and some wearing one boot for some reason. The steel industry is pumping out bars like mad, as is the stone blocks, and I just got ash-based products up and running. All from abuse of the manager system. For steel, I have each step of the process(smelt hematite->make pig iron->make steel) require the previous step be done(smelt hematite triggers after the previous steel). Definitely an improvement over older versions.

I think it was a titan. Titans can be based on all sorts of creatures, not just those present in the game.

Titans are literally Forgotten Beasts that happen to live on the surface.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50556 on: August 30, 2017, 12:14:46 am »

No, that DFHack feature doesn't assign nicknames, and that's a screenshot from the engraving screen, not the room assignment screen.

Is it possible those are mayors from previous forts in your world? They might have kept their nicknames.
This is the first fort I have in this world though. I don't usually give dwarves nicknames either.
Oh, interesting. Mind uploading your save? Also, feel free to PM me, since I don't check this thread often, as you can see.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50557 on: August 30, 2017, 03:35:43 am »

The military is almost fully steeled, with a few people preferring to use goblinite scrap, and some wearing one boot for some reason.
I have noted that if you make a uniform with sock/boot/sock/boot, they always end up with two socks and two boots, and only have the "one boot" issue in that first month when they are getting their gear. I usually make about double the needed gear to allow them to pick out the best, so I'm not sure if the spares are sitting somewhere as "owned" equipment or if they went into the recycling stockpile where sub-Superior gear is brought when it is not claimed.
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?

ViolentBeetle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50558 on: August 30, 2017, 09:49:32 am »

Returned to game after almost a year not playing. Accidentally embarked in desert.

So far going relatively smoothly, but why don't my dwarves bring stone to the stockpiles?

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #50559 on: August 30, 2017, 10:29:14 am »

Stone stockpiles have default 1 wheelbarrows, and if your stockpile has wheelbarrows only wheelbarrows will be used to transport things into it - which means only 1 dwarf will haul stone for default stone stockpile.

ViolentBeetle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50560 on: August 30, 2017, 10:30:33 am »

Stone stockpiles have default 1 wheelbarrows, and if your stockpile has wheelbarrows only wheelbarrows will be used to transport things into it - which means only 1 dwarf will haul stone for default stone stockpile.

Well, each my stockpile has 3. And they are idle.

Regardless, even if I had one whellbarrow, someone would use it to bring at least one rock there at some point.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #50561 on: August 30, 2017, 10:31:46 am »

Sounds like path being broken somewhere, then.

ViolentBeetle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50562 on: August 30, 2017, 10:39:08 am »

Sounds like path being broken somewhere, then.
How can it be broken if they can walk there and haul a rock into workshop?

Luriant

• Bay Watcher
  • Mediocre english, sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #50563 on: August 30, 2017, 11:27:32 am »

A 3x1 Stockpile with 3 wheelbarrow don't have place to move stone. Make a bigger stockpile.
Or
Activate Stone hauling in dwarves. Move a item to the workshops isn't "stone hauling", all workers pick the needed items.
Or
See stockpile options. Mark "Take from anywhere".
And see the type of stone.
Or
You marked all stone for dump (i use this option when i need the space for stockpiles or buildings), dumped stone is forbidden

Delete and make a new stone stockpile without wheelbarrows can solve some problems, next add wheelbarrows.

╔══╦══╗██▓▓
☺♠┼╥╤┼▲▼▓
Θ÷║πΩ║      ▓
+═╬══╣ò    ▓
≈≈▒‼^☻²
╚══╩══╝
  Σ Spkd Grn Glss Blls 252☼ 2.6Γ

ViolentBeetle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50564 on: August 30, 2017, 12:07:03 pm »

My stockpiles are big, I made new stockpiles, and stone hauling job is in almost every dwarf (baring miners) by default. And of course stone is not marked for dump or forbidden, since dwarves are happily carrying it to the workshops from across the map.

Nothing works. Every other type of stockpile works, but stone doesn't. Dwarves sit idly, but won't haul stone.

UPD: I am a moron. I accidentally set "dwarves ignore mineral" in orders. I didn't even know this order existed until I decided to check orders as the last tab I didn't check. Looks like I accidentally pressed s while trying to regulate looming.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 12:11:55 pm by ViolentBeetle »
Pages: 1 ... 3369 3370 [3371] 3372 3373 ... 3836