Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3396 3397 [3398] 3399 3400 ... 3836

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5860261 times)

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #50955 on: November 19, 2017, 06:02:39 pm »

With a bit of TLC (and generous slabs of wild boar bacon), I now have 4 healthy and fully tamed Giant Coyote Puppies :D  Even better, 2 male & 2 female.  They have been moved to their own pen to continue the family line, while their well-trained parents remain on staff to provide more potentially tamed puppers.

andrian

• Bay Watcher
  • If all else fails, hit it with a hammer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50956 on: November 19, 2017, 07:33:35 pm »

My fortress is currently under siege by a Forest Titan made of coral who has an aura of giving and kindness. It has killed many of my animals and the one unlucky hunter who got caught just seconds before making it through the floor hatch inside to safety. I am currently preparing to kindly give it as many crossbow bolts as I can.

Shadowdragon00

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill the elves with the bear you "borrowed"
    • View Profile
« Reply #50957 on: November 19, 2017, 08:04:06 pm »

Working on a dog army have 12 war dogs now and 19 puppies. Currently digging out a giant under ground room that I will stock with badger boars and make my hunting grounds.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50958 on: November 19, 2017, 08:15:23 pm »

Working on a dog army have 12 war dogs now and 19 puppies. Currently digging out a giant under ground room that I will stock with badger boars and make my hunting grounds.
You're pitting innocent doggos against ferocious critters, just for fun and profit?  That's inhumane!  ... Well done :)

Fireking55

• Escaped Lunatic
  • !FIRE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50959 on: November 20, 2017, 12:44:17 pm »

My last fort had a FUN encounter with a FB which resulted in the death of almost every dwarf. Then a migrant wave showed up and I conscripted them into the military, they promptly died. The sole survivor of this chaos then decided to head down into the bedroom area, which the FB decided to live in, and died.

Conclusion: dwarfs are idiots

Urist McHauler cancels store item in bin: mutating
Urist McHauler has become a legendary mutant!
Urist McHauler has founded the x-dwarves!
[/quote]

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #50960 on: November 20, 2017, 12:49:08 pm »

To be fair, the big bad wolf hadn't eaten grandma yesterday.

Shadowdragon00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50961 on: November 21, 2017, 11:30:03 am »

I now have 6 hammer lords!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #50962 on: November 21, 2017, 11:36:28 am »

I now have 6 hammer lords!
Mountain Blade 2: Hammerlord

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50963 on: November 21, 2017, 02:09:03 pm »

The wereape attacks the lamb but She jumps away!
The wereape scratches the lamb in the tongue and the severed part sails off in an arc!
I can picture the cartoon-style lamb jumping back several times and then sticking out its tongue in arrogant defiance, "Baahh  baahh you can't catch me!"
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?

Shadowdragon00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50964 on: November 22, 2017, 09:27:11 pm »

Amber forest titan is attacking my fort my 6 hammer lords have been entirely destroyed.By the way this thing has a shell and shoots webs.   

Wahll

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50965 on: November 23, 2017, 04:16:36 am »

Amber forest titan is attacking my fort my 6 hammer lords have been entirely destroyed.By the way this thing has a shell and shoots webs.

I don't think amber is that hard of a material so it's most likely due to the webing that you're having trouble as walking in a web get's anything entangled (except for web immune creatures and web collecting dworves).

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50966 on: November 23, 2017, 09:10:08 am »

Started with the dwarves of the Short Iron, who are at war with thier northern elvish neighbors.

I was visited literally within the week by two elves with dwarven names, which I was instantly suspicious of. Upon dispatching them via an obsidian sword and bludgeoning them with shields, thier deaths revealed thier true colors: Elven names, and one, a scholar, was in fact a spearelf in disguise.

I also discovered we can in fact raid other dwarves if we so choose.

Truly this will be a momentous fortress.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50967 on: November 23, 2017, 09:33:41 am »

Just founded Oggez, AKA "The Hole," in the latest release.

Up to second winter, and I'm pumping out furniture and beds for rooms. Once I've dug out my rooms and squared away the inmates, it's time to train hard. Some thief stole my first artifact, a stone toy boat created by the expedition leader. I'm gonna get a team together and hunt it down!

(Hopefully that part's not bugged.)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50968 on: November 23, 2017, 10:20:44 am »

So far so good, and we were visited by a travelling human mercenary. While it's pretty clear they've assumed a dwarven name, given thier extensive knowledge of human poetry, I'm much less inclined to believe she's a spy, though she may be in the area looking for something else.

Plus she has a real weapon and armor, so it'd probably be a bad idea to try and kill her with no medical supplies on hand.

Three immigrants arrived not long after, comprised of a Pilgrim and his wife. They have me concerned, as while they have skills I need (The pilgrim is an herbalist and speardwarf, the wife a record keeper,) all of thier non-familial relations consist of elves, or at least folk with elvish names, and the pilgrim's wife apprenticed under an elf for a time. I also got a legendary weaponsmith, who created some sort of artifact. Who proceeded to vomit everywhere due to world-gen cave adaptation. I suspect this dwarf is who the merc was tracking, possibly to take an artifact she doesn't have.

We also have an impending food and booze crisis, so I may need to hastily rig up some butchery stations and muster the militia to go kill some boars. I need leather anyways for the militia's body armor.

EDIT: Food crisis averted. Hopefully the caravan will have plenty of drink for everyone I can buy.

EDIT II: After roughly two years, I have a few spare dwarves that I'm equipping and getting ready to send off to explore a nearby enemy ruin, mainly to see how the hell 100 elves up and vanished.

Pray for them, for they shall need all the aid they can get.

EDIT III: Macedwarf Rith was tasked with handing in the mission report (read via the standard reports menu like combat logs.) They found.... Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Somehow roughly 100 elves have up and vanished. So I'm gonna go slap a small retreat after all my raiders are trained and armored.

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?
Pages: 1 ... 3396 3397 [3398] 3399 3400 ... 3836