Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3424 3425 [3426] 3427 3428 ... 3836

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5852984 times)

Urist McWaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I feel so good!
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #51375 on: December 26, 2017, 04:04:43 am »

I have to say, that was a very time efficient dragon.

Take 2...

se05239

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51376 on: December 26, 2017, 05:25:29 am »

Lost several dwarves to a Werepanther CHILD.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #51377 on: December 26, 2017, 07:07:57 am »

Am not good at DF. The best I ever did was in a fort where I basically locked myself away from everything with the queen of my civ, and that lasted for a while, untik the save got deleted by accident. That was a while ago, and DF has continued to be the game I love to play, but I amn't actually very good at. So, I made a decision. I founded a new fort in a mountain with plenty of ores and flux stone, as well as a river, but far away from goblins. I have spent the last week teaching myself how to properly play DF, and It's going sooooo well. Evil schemes, here I come!
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #51378 on: December 26, 2017, 04:19:22 pm »

I am living in an abandoned(by kobolds, anyway) kobold cave, and am preparing for the coming goblin invasion by one of the two goblin civs I pissed off by stealing from them, and it probably doesn't help my case that I routed them from one of their forts, but, hey, it was originally a Dwarven fort, and it's a Dwarven fort again.
Currently building a path with 6 z-leveled pits on either side, with wooden spike balls to hopefully make them dodge into the pit. I had dug the pits, and now am working on smoothing the walls on one z-level so they can't get back up.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 01:44:03 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51379 on: December 26, 2017, 06:03:04 pm »

Am not good at DF. The best I ever did was in a fort where I basically locked myself away from everything with the queen of my civ, and that lasted for a while, untik the save got deleted by accident. That was a while ago, and DF has continued to be the game I love to play, but I amn't actually very good at. So, I made a decision. I founded a new fort in a mountain with plenty of ores and flux stone, as well as a river, but far away from goblins. I have spent the last week teaching myself how to properly play DF, and It's going sooooo well. Evil schemes, here I come!
When you come up with an interest in a particular "I want to improve this" and the wiki solution isn't what you are looking for, ask and you will get a variety of solutions.
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51380 on: December 26, 2017, 06:40:43 pm »

We are all literally waiting on the edge of our proverbial seats to fire off inane solutions to every problem you have with DF.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #51381 on: December 26, 2017, 10:03:46 pm »

Looks like unserved prison sentences are forgotten after some years. My sheriff, who has had a 101 day prison sentence outstanding for the past couple of years isn't due for jailtime anymore when I just checked the justice screen.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51382 on: December 27, 2017, 01:03:16 am »

A were-gila-monster got into my fort and infected and killed a bunch before my hastily-assembled "militia" put an end to it.

Except I didn't know about the 'infected' bit until they all turned a month later and killed the entire rest of my fort.

When all was said and done, I had a grand total of two living uninfected dwarves.

Luckily, migrants arrived shortly after I managed to seal up the remaining weres. (It's odd that they take orders from you in their dwarf shape, but eh.)

Now the last one is locked in a little 5x5 room with nothing but themself and a pile of corpses, flipping out once a month every month to do nothing.

I should probably tunnel in and kill it at some point, but I'm busy doing other things.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51383 on: December 27, 2017, 03:20:15 am »

Have had 4 Dwarves die because they just couldn't leave the goddamn Giant Polar Bear alone. Polar Bear was just minding his own business, why you gotta be that way Urist?
goodnight, speep tighht, don't let the bedbugs bite

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51384 on: December 27, 2017, 03:25:22 am »

Have had 4 Dwarves die because they just couldn't leave the goddamn Giant Polar Bear alone. Polar Bear was just minding his own business, why you gotta be that way Urist?
It is in their nature. To be otherwise would be positively undorfy.
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #51385 on: December 27, 2017, 04:45:34 am »

"Urist, I do believe that huge machine of death just insulted your mother."
"It WHAT?"
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #51386 on: December 27, 2017, 01:13:24 pm »

So... I just fought off a siege with iron, bronze, and copper, mostly imported, because I forgot that charcoal is as valid as coke for steel making.

I'll just go make some caskets or something.
In a time before time, I had a name.

Jazz Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept stringed instrumentalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #51387 on: December 27, 2017, 05:24:42 pm »

Magistrum cancels Smelt Steel Bars: Wiki down.
Give your dwarves a pet
My holiday mod (only offensive to elves)
The check-laundry script

Just give the Crossbow weapon the [AMMO:CROSSBOW] tag in the raws. You can make a crossbow that shoots crossbows.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51388 on: December 27, 2017, 05:45:07 pm »

A troglodyte sneaked into my soon to be finished 30 lvl pump stack and wrecked it. Now my dwarves are going for a genocide war.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #51389 on: December 28, 2017, 11:13:17 am »

Yay, one of my 3 semi-permanent resident human bards just applied for full citizenship. Looks like visitors are fixed properly.

EDIT: Hah. "He dreams of bringing lasting peace to the world". Guess who's gonna be commander of the meatshields when the elf invasions are turned on.

EDIT: And another full citizen. I wonder what triggered that. Is it a yearly check every spring? Or does it matter how many spare guest rooms you have, because I only had one free, so I made 2 more, and immediatly when I was done designating them to the tavern, the semi-permanent bard ran to the chief and applied for full citizenship.

EDIT: And the third and last one applied too. I need new semi's.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 11:35:18 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 ... 3424 3425 [3426] 3427 3428 ... 3836