Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3477 3478 [3479] 3480 3481 ... 3836

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5862394 times)

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #52170 on: May 15, 2018, 02:51:54 pm »

Maybe he can serve as an entertainer in your tavern?

How many forts can say they have an actual clown working as a clown? :P
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #52171 on: May 15, 2018, 03:13:11 pm »

I made a fort to test some new critters as pets. I embarked on a volcano in a fairly steep taiga forest covered hillside where it snows year round but never seems to stick. Loads of wood. Second year in theres a werechameleon attack, i withdraw the bridge but somehow the cheeky bastard finds a way over the overhanging cliff i made to keep things out. My militia was in the area and it had already been weakened by three of my wardogs and a tumble down the hill, but unfortunately it managed to seriously injure one of my militiamen, a jeweler by trade. I had him walled off and but after he turned and then back again he still lay there on the floor moping instead of picking up the pick i so helpfully provided qnd making himself a home worth living in for eternity. So i squished him with the ceiling.

Dwarves have a library temple and tavern to mill around in, they dont seem to have noticed too much. Theres only two bodies lying around afterall. Ive been selling magical trinket overstock to the traders in return for parchments to make books from. Ive been taking advantage of the huge wealth of gold (across like 10 z-levels of gabbro) and aluminum in them thar hills to make expensive magical trinkets, so its been lucrative. Ive also got copper and tin so were making bronze gear for the troops, the weaponsmiths become quite skilled.

And my critters work great. When you butcher them you get cheese and when you milk the goats their milk can be turned into cheese, so its cheese everywhere. Its delicious.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52172 on: May 15, 2018, 03:55:19 pm »

Post on What is Going on in your fort.
I just rescued a hyena monster from a human hamlet.
It is a clown. Repeat, I just rescued a clown.
And I accepted it plea for sanctuary.
It seems perfectly friendly to my dwarves.
Note, this fort only had 7 dwarves before its arrival.
I was going to make it a soldier, but it doesn't appear to be able to be chosen as a soldier.
Quite a shame, considering it is a webber.
It is a gigantic three-eyed hyena twisted into humanoid form. It has a bloated body. Its slate gray hair is long and shaggy. (I don't have to)Beware its webs!
I wasn't sure if I was going to play this fort instead of my old one, but now I know.
Hyena monster fort!

It might eventually apply for citizenship, at which point it should be able to lead a squad, or be made part of an existing one. In its own squad, it'd be the most devastating weapon in dwarven history - A steel clad, weapon wielding demon fighting for dwarven kind.

EoZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52173 on: May 15, 2018, 04:14:15 pm »

Hello, this will be my first post here.

I was wondering if this is normal xD

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52174 on: May 15, 2018, 04:20:20 pm »

Hello, this will be my first post here.

I was wondering if this is normal xD

It is if you're not playing the latest version of the game (44.10). Are you?
(Actually that particular weirdness should have been fixed back in 44.07).
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 04:23:42 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #52175 on: May 15, 2018, 06:41:35 pm »

Masterwork or lazy newb pack probably, those big ovehaul mods take a while to update to new versions.

So no its not normal, but it has been solved, in newer versions. No more geese honking away your secrets :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

hjd_uk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52176 on: May 16, 2018, 06:39:42 am »

A wave of 22 migrants are being quarantined into a burrow on the surface, the hope being they can turtle into a seperate 'bunker' while the chaos of infighting and madness abates in the main fort.

[update] Kikrost Udarkadol, "Utterly harrowed by the nightmare that is her tragic life", has dragged Alath Dodokbidok's corpse to a Tanners Shop and is working with manacing fury ...

and thus was created Nanirdamid, a dwarf bone earring.

[update2] A Gintess fell into a cage trap after killing fisherdward and chasing a stray cat :
That is one well engineered wooden cage...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

... oh and a Forgotten beast turned up in the caverns and promptly set everything on fire - goodbye towercaps.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 10:42:22 am by hjd_uk »

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #52178 on: May 16, 2018, 12:33:28 pm »

Returning to Hyena Fortress..
The year is 124, early summer.
This is a world where the goblins are losing, though not yet lost.
The hyena destroyed my wagon.
It appears not to be destroying anything else now that it is working, so maybe he only building destroys when idle, or maybe he did this before his plea for sanctuary was accepted and I did not notice.
Alas, sadly, I cannot make him a performer.
But assuming he will eventually become a full-time citizen, at that point he can become a performer or soldier.
Oh, and the Hyena's name is Mamica.
It was pretty normal for a demon, other than not fighting in wars and getting captured in 77 by humans, and staying there until rescued by us this year.
In addition the hyena has clothes.
In the event I put the hyena in a squad, what size of armor do I give it?
Later:
I just rescued an elf and a human.
The elf is Vafice Fishwhite, she has been alive since the beginning of time, became the Druid in 26, got captured by goblins in 39,  became their lady in 40, in 67 got captured by humans, and 7 months later became their lady from force of argument. She has lived there ever since, simultaneously lord and prisoner, until we rescued her.
To recap, she has been a Noble of every civ she has been a part of. I am going to make her my mayor/baron if she ever becomes a citizen.
The human is Elpi Groovednuts, a 32-year-old gal who recently(late spring) led an attack against a goblin pit, was captured, and then led the defense of that same pit from the same human group, not even a whole month later.
She has a silver boning knife, and is cook/hunter.
I still have only 7 dwarves.
Does anyone think I should make this a community fortress, considering the Hyena Monster?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52179 on: May 16, 2018, 12:38:30 pm »

At the very least, put the save up

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #52180 on: May 16, 2018, 12:43:21 pm »

In this thread?
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #52182 on: May 16, 2018, 12:44:57 pm »

over the rainbow.
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52183 on: May 16, 2018, 11:43:32 pm »

Forced to disable weather in my human fort. I have people who got attacked by undead and fell in nasty stagnant water less stressed than people who keep complaining and for some deranged reason, dwelling on being rained on.

hjd_uk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52184 on: May 17, 2018, 06:14:56 am »

!Fun!

Constant fights in the miasma filled Tavern, still drawing visitors, apparently drawn by old rumours of past glory, they arrive to find corpses in the hallways and dwarves fighting with each other in a half-ruined tavern, windows smashed and tables overturned but with staunch Dwarven poets still reciting in-between fighting other bards and unruly dwarves with the occasional enraptured audience member amidst the perpetual bar-brawl.

Pages: 1 ... 3477 3478 [3479] 3480 3481 ... 3836