Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3483 3484 [3485] 3486 3487 ... 3836

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5862638 times)

AfterShave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #52260 on: May 26, 2018, 11:45:56 am »

Have I been blessed with the son of a god in my fortress. Or should I be very very concerned?
Gotta love the DF forums. A statement like this anywhere else could land you a couple years of counseling.

This is an anagram of my name
      Highborn Jerk Monster

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52261 on: May 26, 2018, 02:21:23 pm »

Perhaps Udib Torchgleeful is one of the first ones of its kind, having no ancestor.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

AfterShave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52262 on: May 26, 2018, 02:42:28 pm »

I had actually forgotten you could look at that.
Yet strangely enough no.  He has both parents and grandparents.

Gotta love the DF forums. A statement like this anywhere else could land you a couple years of counseling.

Highborn Jerk Monster

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52263 on: May 26, 2018, 03:12:16 pm »

Maybe it was some kind of Greek Mythology situation where one of his grandparents was actually a deity but took mortal form to knock up the other?
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

AfterShave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52264 on: May 26, 2018, 03:44:28 pm »

I did some digging in legends. It turns out that his paternal grandmother's identity is lost to time. So he likely dedicated it to this one unknown family member.
Her husband lives in some dark pits. I'll try to have a chat with him about his wife.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 03:53:34 pm by AfterShave »

Highborn Jerk Monster

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52265 on: May 26, 2018, 05:35:12 pm »

Fought off a large cannibal attack. No casualties among the militia, but a farmer who was too big for his britches got killed by a hillbilly with a chainsaw and in the middle of clean up a horse carcass reanimated and stomped three people to death before the Militia could arrive.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #52266 on: May 27, 2018, 06:06:35 am »

No casualties among the militia, but a farmer who was too big for his britches got killed by a hillbilly with a chainsaw and in the middle of clean up a horse carcass reanimated and stomped three people to death before the Militia could arrive.
I love DF threads just for sentences like this that wouldn't make sense in any other context.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52267 on: May 27, 2018, 02:07:05 pm »

No casualties among the militia, but a farmer who was too big for his britches got killed by a hillbilly with a chainsaw and in the middle of clean up a horse carcass reanimated and stomped three people to death before the Militia could arrive.
I love DF threads just for sentences like this that wouldn't make sense in any other context.

Hell, part of that doesn't make any sense to someone who hasn't used your Halloween pack. :P

Pirate Santa

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_EATER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52268 on: May 28, 2018, 08:00:32 pm »

Rebuilding my second militia squad after the latest siege caused some casualties, trying to clean up all the corpse bits before everyone goes mad from dwelling on seeing them, the Baron keeps flipping out and beating people and we found a candy cane that reaches all the way to the third cavern.
I updated to the latest version in the hopes the broken thoughts system would provide some FUN! and oh boy is it ever.
Welcome to Dwarf Fortress. Where peaceful death of old age is something nobody sees coming.
it turns out Dog Bone Doctors aren't very good at doctoring.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #52269 on: May 28, 2018, 09:04:20 pm »

Everyone is ridiculously happy thanks to the new emotion changes, all fondly remembering performances and seeing nice masterwork stuff. My library is so far just full of delinquents eating food at the tables and two miners obsessively reading over everything. Hoping to get them all out of there soon...

In other news, the mayor is currently crawling around babbling after having his mandates ignored for two years in a row, the only stresser he ever had. Somehow he managed to dodge the marsh titan that came by, literally walking two tiles away from him and ignoring him in favour of a cheetah. The crossbow squad managed to put the beast down before it could cause much harm, but we lost the male for breeding cheetahs.

Five more legendary crafters were gifted to the All Mother, dropped from above on a bridge into her molten body. We're currently looking for another stone crafter to take their places, one should do for now since we found a layer of obsidian. Optimally I want two, but one will do for now. What really hurts is we lost our weapon smith...

EDIT: STOP EATING IN THE LIBRARY YOU UNDEVELOPED SIMPLETONS!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 10:15:19 pm by StagnantSoul »
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52270 on: May 28, 2018, 10:47:19 pm »

Happily working on a newish fortress, all is going well, no attacks so far, when...

"A Troll has destroyed a limestone door!".
A troll? In the fortress? How the hell did that happen? Entrances to the recently discovered caves are all blocked.
Lets take a look...

No "zoom to" button in the announcements. Hmph.
No troll in the "others" lists. None in the dead list. None in the citizens list. Oh, and hey, all my fine limestone doors are still standing.

Very weird. Obviously a premonition of the future.

Hiarhu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52271 on: May 28, 2018, 10:59:05 pm »

My world seems to be having a problem with weretapirs, one showed up in the first few months of my embark and slaughtered six new migrants. I did some research in legends viewer and found out the original curse started in the year 44 when a human angered the deity Slupi. Though Slupi seems to have started many were-curses over the years it's the weretapirs which seem most prolific. Maybe because it's spreading through the biologically immortal elves. There are hundreds of them alive in the world, one seems to show up every other year and attack my fort.

A few in game months ago I sent a troublesome dwarf out to redeem themselves by bringing back an artifact iron scimitar called Irkapena. They failed because the artifact was held by someone else.

Why do I mention this? Well it turns out Irkapena was in the hands of a 700 year old elf weretapir (werebeast for 500 of those) named Nemo Suitordabbled the Disemboweled Battle who stole it over a hundred years ago.

I don't think Nemo liked me going for her sword because she just showed up to show it off. She's slaughtered a bunch of my livestock and one dwarf with it and now she's waiting outside the gate. I still want that sword but I know she'll tear through my poorly equipped military. I'm hoping I can get them to wait inside the gate and charge out once she transforms back into an elf and run her down before she escapes.

Hiarhu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52272 on: May 28, 2018, 11:13:33 pm »

Success! Nemo almost escaped but the duchess herself (also my militia commander) caught her at the last second beating her most harshly with a wool mitten. Her squad of trainee wrestlers arrived momentarily after to help finish the job.

Though I'm noticing now Nemo dropped Irkapena literally on my doorstep when she reverted to elf and fled. That would almost be disappointing if we hadn't also gotten the elf. Now to decide who gets to wield it, I've already got an artifact steel short sword earmarked for the duchess. I just wish that human diplomat that showed up carrying it would hurry up and go insane and starve so I can open up my tavern again.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #52273 on: May 29, 2018, 01:13:40 pm »

You know you can just kill the diplomat, right? Or is the diplomat somehow a resident of your fortress?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #52274 on: May 29, 2018, 03:25:11 pm »

If human diplomats or caravans die on your map, by any means, that can result in their civ declaring war on yours and possibly sieges.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 3483 3484 [3485] 3486 3487 ... 3836