Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3533 3534 [3535] 3536 3537 ... 3836

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5841798 times)

weiserthanyou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #53010 on: November 30, 2018, 10:03:45 pm »

That my friend.Is exactly why Toady added the raids system. Go raid an elven settlement! I managed to get my hands on no less than 15 Grizzly bears with only 3 raids.

I can't endorse genocide.  Based on my conquest of the goblins, I can only imagine the body count if I attacked the elves.
1: And you call yourself a dwarfmaster?
2: Most of them would probably be animals anyway. At least I think. The leopard populations in elven and goblin settlements in my world might be a bug.
3: Raid, rather than raze.
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where a person can have his head be destroyed by necrosis and only die when the doctor amputates his torso.

OmahaMH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53011 on: November 30, 2018, 11:27:25 pm »

1: And you call yourself a dwarfmaster?
2: Most of them would probably be animals anyway. At least I think. The leopard populations in elven and goblin settlements in my world might be a bug.
3: Raid, rather than raze.

1.  No, I don't.  I'm still pretty bad at this:(
2.  Funny you mention that because on my most recent mission one of my guys got murdered by an elephant and we brought a bunch of monkeys home with us.
3.  I've been pillaging

Grand Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53012 on: December 01, 2018, 07:51:54 pm »

Raiding provides the possibility of avoiding a conflict entirely, which seems like something you want. It depends on the squads ambusher skill though, and if detected, fighting will start.
Dwarf Fortress: This feature has one or more outstanding bugs. Please visit the Bugs section for details.

And I drank the mosquito paste

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #53013 on: December 01, 2018, 07:56:28 pm »

Does raiding increase the ambusher skill?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #53014 on: December 01, 2018, 09:07:09 pm »

I tamed a herd of wild unicorns. Now I have a unicorn foal. I think I've won the good biomes, I think I'll move on to an evil forest next time.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53015 on: December 02, 2018, 07:21:30 am »

I tamed a herd of wild unicorns. Now I have a unicorn foal. I think I've won the good biomes, I think I'll move on to an evil forest next time.
You haven't won good biomes until you've enslaved the local satyrs and set them up in cages in the tavern for people to chat with.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #53016 on: December 02, 2018, 10:34:49 am »

Huh, I forgot they could talk. I'll need to keep that in mind for the next time I play a good biome. My current one doesn't have satyrs.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #53017 on: December 02, 2018, 10:48:41 am »

Huh, I forgot they could talk. I'll need to keep that in mind for the next time I play a good biome. My current one doesn't have satyrs.
Satyrs are really rare. Thy only show up in good forests in very small numbers.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #53018 on: December 02, 2018, 11:05:36 am »

You haven't won good biomes until you've enslaved the local satyrs and set them up in cages in the tavern for people to chat with.

Oh
Ooooooooooh

We can do THAT ? Godammit
What can come out of these conversations? I assume nothing but...? Is it possible? Will they become HF and then become monster slayers when we release them or something?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53019 on: December 02, 2018, 12:50:04 pm »

Oh
Ooooooooooh

What can come out of these conversations? I assume nothing but...? Is it possible? Will they become HF and then become monster slayers when we release them or something?
If a sentient but non-historical figure gets involved in enough conversations, they can become historical figures. I don't know what happens if you let them off the map after that, though.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #53020 on: December 02, 2018, 02:02:44 pm »

This calls for science and I have a bunch of remaining troglodites in my cages

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #53021 on: December 02, 2018, 02:25:08 pm »

Trogs cant speak, unfortunately. Gorlaks can, though.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #53022 on: December 02, 2018, 03:03:35 pm »

embarked on the border of an evil biome (with goblins in the biome) to build an abbey-fortress there.
the most evil thing coming to attack me so far was a werebeast.
the gobbos are at peace with me, the elves and humans too, the Tower far up north is in dorfen hands already and it all flourishes too well.
the recurring "abysmal muck" rain causes painful blisters on my dorfs, whenever they try to chop down a tree, search for plants or retreave the chopped wood.
some merchants died at my doorstep while leaving and left some pretty precious stuff behind.
the place got 100 dorfs by year 2 and doubled in the last migrant wave with 50 newarrivals.
so far no evil beast at all...
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53023 on: December 02, 2018, 03:07:10 pm »

Oh
Ooooooooooh

I'm not sure they actually can speak through the bars, so you'd need to have them chained up instead. But if they're chained up they can cause problems for the dwarves, and no amount of talking will make them friendly to the fort (that I'm aware of, at least).

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53024 on: December 02, 2018, 03:09:54 pm »

This calls for science and I have a bunch of remaining troglodites in my cages
Trogs cant speak, unfortunately. Gorlaks can, though.
Hilariously enough, the creatures don't have to be able to speak for dwarves to talk to them. You just have to chain them up in the dining hall and dwarves will try to talk to them. Then, after a few months, have your military kill them. They'll show up as named kills.
Pages: 1 ... 3533 3534 [3535] 3536 3537 ... 3836