Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3545 3546 [3547] 3548 3549 ... 3835

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5788010 times)

Laterigrade

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that a crab with
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #53190 on: January 21, 2019, 10:02:23 pm »

Some of my military dwarves, along with a visiting lord consort, all lounging about in the tavern, have just killed a visiting bard for no apparent reason.

Maybe they took offence to his singing?
and the quadriplegic toothless vampire killed me effortlessly after that
bool IsARealBoy = false
dropping clothes to pick up armor and then dropping armor to pick up clothes like some sort of cyclical forever-striptease
if a year passes, add one to age; social experiment

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53191 on: January 21, 2019, 10:14:09 pm »

Retuuurn the slaaab...
What's yer offer?!

Deus Machina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53192 on: January 21, 2019, 10:42:11 pm »

After some quick digging under the injured liaison, new were-gila monster, and then flooring him into a tiny hole before he turned, the dorfs worked up some quick construction around it before removing the floor. He was unfortunately shortly after smashed subatomically flat involved in a bridge accident.
The expedition leader froze in place waiting to conduct the meeting until a new one was elected.
Quote from: KillerClowns
Beneath the slade, there is sheep. By all that his holy, there are so many sheep down there. I don't know why it's sheep.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53193 on: January 22, 2019, 02:02:43 pm »

That's it.

Gettin' me mallet.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

rostbot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53194 on: January 22, 2019, 03:06:06 pm »

My vampire mayor demands a metal (rose gold) slab in his bedroom.

Thats at least an easy one. He could have demanded a bed!

Someone else's bed!

rostbot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53195 on: January 22, 2019, 03:48:01 pm »

The metal slab demanding vampire mayor of Rimcloud rules over a strange landscape.

This waterfall was kind of ... broken from the start. It has two little caves on the levels under the brook, and the water does not only flow into the canyon; some of the water also spills into the small valley in the west and the little sink in the east.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53196 on: January 22, 2019, 04:06:19 pm »

The metal slab demanding vampire mayor of Rimcloud rules over a strange landscape.

This waterfall was kind of ... broken from the start. It has two little caves on the levels under the brook, and the water does not only flow into the canyon; some of the water also spills into the small valley in the west and the little sink in the east.

FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

rostbot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53197 on: January 22, 2019, 04:25:39 pm »

Armok works in mysterious ways.

doublestrafe

• Bay Watcher
  • [PONY_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53198 on: January 23, 2019, 10:20:26 am »

The Great Wall of Inksacks is plagued with phantom trees. They appear several z-levels above the ground, have no trunks or roots, and wedge themselves between the poured obsidian wall and the 1 tile thick scaffolding catwalk that surrounds it on both sides. They are labeled simply "tree", not trunk or branches. Attempting to designate them for chopping or channeling has no effect. And, catastrophically, they appear to be supporting the scaffolding that I'm trying to collapse.

The scaffolding is one tile thick and runs around the 4x4 embark twice, on five different levels. Dismantling it manually is out of the question. The wall is thicker on top, which means I can't build something higher up and drop it on the sections in question.

Thinking about it as I write this, I should be able to build extensions to bypass the trees and remove just the parts touching the ghost trees manually. But still, ghost trees. Wtf.

Indricotherium

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53199 on: January 23, 2019, 11:22:21 am »

I had a second GCS show up in the 1st Cavern level. I decided to let the Monster Hunters take care of it. Twelve hunters later I sent in my half naked woefully unprepared military. Five of them managed to engage it. in rapid succession three of them were webbed and or paralyzed and disarmed with one shaken by the head until separation. Thankfully the fourth put his iron war hammer right through the braincase.

Still trying to get the food and drink supplies fully shifted into the new dining room. I see a new sub-class of food haulers in the future!

And lastly, enjoyed the thoughts of a hamerdwarf who encountered a Troll in the caverns where he is stating, "I am in conflict, I feel no terror!" and his first thought of 'He is terrified to be in conflict'. I imagine him to be repeating it like a mantra all the while pissing his pants.
That is a wasteful idea that recklessly endangers life. I applaud your genius!
There are as many ways to play the game as there are socks on a battlefield.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53200 on: January 23, 2019, 12:14:13 pm »

I love it when my dorfs demonstrate their own sense of humour through the engravings they do. My stoneworker just engraved an image of my expedition leader Likot Tellwhips surrounded by cheese, and then a separate engraving of her embracing a yak. She likes both yaks and cheese, incidentally.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53201 on: January 23, 2019, 01:58:42 pm »

The Great Wall of Inksacks is plagued with phantom trees. They appear several z-levels above the ground, have no trunks or roots, and wedge themselves between the poured obsidian wall and the 1 tile thick scaffolding catwalk that surrounds it on both sides. They are labeled simply "tree", not trunk or branches. Attempting to designate them for chopping or channeling has no effect. And, catastrophically, they appear to be supporting the scaffolding that I'm trying to collapse.

The scaffolding is one tile thick and runs around the 4x4 embark twice, on five different levels. Dismantling it manually is out of the question. The wall is thicker on top, which means I can't build something higher up and drop it on the sections in question.

Thinking about it as I write this, I should be able to build extensions to bypass the trees and remove just the parts touching the ghost trees manually. But still, ghost trees. Wtf.

Doesn't magma destroy burnable things these days? If nothing else works, df-hack liquids should do it.

nezclaw

• Bay Watcher
  • i should really migrate my saves...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53202 on: January 23, 2019, 05:08:27 pm »

i had a goblin siege that i knew was coming and yet was still extremely unprepared for. they wiped out most of my fort, save for the mayor and a couple kids, who i spammed full-heal and elevate-physical on. then I forced a migrant wave to help clean up. they are now Very traumatized.
yes yes, i know you're upset but listen. you gotta make those coffins. otherwise it won't get better. ok? now run along. yes i know your family is lying mutilated in the corridors but shhh. make the coffins.
Dawnthunder: It menaces with spikes of tetanus
After the fire had burned down all of the wooden next boxes on the surface, Mottled Petrel was reluctant to replace them with more wooden nest boxes. Instead, he placed the remaining store of wooden nest boxes in the dormitory for any aspiring koopa mothers.

The nest boxes were immediately overrun by helmet snakes.

doublestrafe

• Bay Watcher
  • [PONY_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53203 on: January 23, 2019, 09:04:09 pm »

Doesn't magma destroy burnable things these days? If nothing else works, df-hack liquids should do it.

I dumped some magma on it. Now it's a dead ghost tree. But it's still there, somehow.

that_eye

• Bay Watcher
  • admires eyeballs for their looks
    • View Profile
« Reply #53204 on: January 23, 2019, 09:47:35 pm »

The pyramid of Hammerearly is complete. The fools at Tongsculpture can keep their claim of the mountainhome, while my people shall be known for our superior temples.

Also, the first vampire was created at my last fort and I expelled her. She came to my current fort under a fake name. I've decided to let her do her thing and see how long she can last. She became a vampire in later winter of 5, and it's early winter 13 now. In a century, will she still be frequenting my forts?

Anyway, here's hammerearly
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 09:56:17 pm by that_eye »
Pages: 1 ... 3545 3546 [3547] 3548 3549 ... 3835