Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3548 3549 [3550] 3551 3552 ... 3836

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5857423 times)

Jazz Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept stringed instrumentalist
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #53235 on: February 05, 2019, 01:30:19 am »

My axedwarves just made short work of a fire-breathing forgotten beast. As soon as the smoke clears I'm going to start expanding into the !!caverns!!.
Give your dwarves a pet
My holiday mod (only offensive to elves)
The check-laundry script

Just give the Crossbow weapon the [AMMO:CROSSBOW] tag in the raws. You can make a crossbow that shoots crossbows.

doublestrafe

• Bay Watcher
  • [PONY_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53236 on: February 05, 2019, 02:20:23 am »

My axedwarves just made short work of a fire-breathing forgotten beast. As soon as the smoke clears I'm going to start expanding into the !!caverns!!.
But if you wait that long, they won't be ‼caverns‼ anymore.

that_eye

• Bay Watcher
  • admires eyeballs for their looks
    • View Profile
« Reply #53237 on: February 05, 2019, 02:33:34 am »

I am digging for my people a marvelous capital hall. I will build a massive underground citadel, with my people's history carved into the ceiling. My people will feast in a dining hall of matching tables and chairs! with golden statues of the fortress founders lining the halls.

When I have accomplished the greatest architecture in the world, then I will make my offerings to the mountainhome for supremacy

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53238 on: February 05, 2019, 05:39:12 am »

My dwarves have pride in their heritage.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
FOR THE UNKNOWN PRIMARCH!

Grand Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53239 on: February 05, 2019, 08:40:58 am »

I am digging for my people a marvelous capital hall. I will build a massive underground citadel, with my people's history carved into the ceiling. My people will feast in a dining hall of matching tables and chairs! with golden statues of the fortress founders lining the halls.

When I have accomplished the greatest architecture in the world, then I will make my offerings to the mountainhome for supremacy

how *do* you plan to carve anything into the ceiling? wouldn't the floor be more... obvious?
Dwarf Fortress: This feature has one or more outstanding bugs. Please visit the Bugs section for details.

And I drank the mosquito paste

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53240 on: February 05, 2019, 08:45:32 am »

I suppose you just engrave into the tiered walls as the roof goes up, and remove the scaffolding afterwards? Dunno.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #53241 on: February 05, 2019, 09:20:46 am »

That's what I do, when I'm not making palaces entirely out of gold for my king.

Can't engrave gold.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53242 on: February 05, 2019, 10:18:50 am »

Shame we don't have proper tapestries to hang on walls yet... I mean, you can only do so much with embroidered cloth ropes.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #53243 on: February 05, 2019, 11:19:02 am »

reminds me of that one FB that set the whole caverns aflame and wasnt fireproof itself, so it just died there aswell.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Indricotherium

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53244 on: February 05, 2019, 12:45:36 pm »

The vampire test chambers were coming along great. Room built, fortifications carved, elf zombie cage installed, lever built, vampire suites dug out, furniture installed. Hook up lever, hook up job suspended - no path, oh yeah, the airlock doors to the cage room are locked. Unlock doors, un-suspend job. Put in that bed order we need. Check back. Lever is hooked up! Pull that lever, pronto, I want to find this vampire before we lose another dwarf! Migrants arrive! Let's check them out as they spill onto the map. Good. Good. Hauuuuuler. Good. Good. Hauuuuuler. Hauuuuuler. Goo-

Urist McDoorinstaller cancels install door, interrupted by elf.

Huh. That's strange, are there elves on the map? I'm not installing any doors on the surf-

Jump down to the prison/vampire test level. There's the cage. There's the mechanism. There's no zombie. THERE'S NO ZOMBIE.

Yup. Never relocked the airlock. Isn't this how Resident Evil started?
That is a wasteful idea that recklessly endangers life. I applaud your genius!
There are as many ways to play the game as there are socks on a battlefield.

jimboob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53245 on: February 05, 2019, 02:13:51 pm »

Returning after a long break, my current fort’s purpose is for me to shake the rust off and figure out how to play again. I’m playing a very reckless, impulsive game. I don’t feel like crafting stuff to trade so I have my trade depot built on top of a floor that’s built on top of a pit of doom. Survivors are picked off by the military now clad in stolen armor. The captain of the guard is basically in charge, I’ve decided, and has ordered himself a grand chamber of his very own filled with the treasures recovered from the pit.

Not everyone is on board though, I’ve decided, especially after the well respected “Chester” (the creator of the legendary plum chest) was crushed by the last caravan drop.

The plum chest has been moved to a secret chamber dug out behind Chester’s tomb and is now a symbol of he resistance. Soon after, a young child created another artifact out of wagon wood which is displayed as a symbol of the captain.

With this split, conspiracies are in motion, mainly concerning the caged exotic animals the captain displays proudly in his chambers

Indricotherium

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53246 on: February 05, 2019, 04:41:23 pm »

Damn, that fort sounds awesome.

The zombie was dealt with by the militia shortly before it reached the dining hall. Life went on.

Until the next drained corpse was discovered! This time there were three witnesses and they all agreed that none other than Captain America, my troll and GCS killing superhero, was the blood sucking horror! What a blow! Beloved by all, idolized by the children, and yet, an unliving creature of unholy appetite! For now, the good Captain has been reassigned to his own squad and confined to quarters.

Perhaps he can still atone for his crimes... exploring the yet undiscovered third cavern!
That is a wasteful idea that recklessly endangers life. I applaud your genius!
There are as many ways to play the game as there are socks on a battlefield.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #53247 on: February 05, 2019, 06:09:23 pm »

Just started a new fort and noticed a preponderance of Giant Elephants.

My mechanic and carpenter workstations were the first things built, and I'm sure you can guess why.

Unfortunately, once I was ready to lay my fresh-from-the-saw traps, the dratted Oliphaunts wandered off the map edge again.

Drat.

Still, I've been laying traps in the hope that some new 'visitors' will come for a tour of this newest Dwarven stronghold.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Deus Machina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53248 on: February 05, 2019, 11:32:09 pm »

reminds me of that one FB that set the whole caverns aflame and wasnt fireproof itself, so it just died there aswell.

I've had a couple like that.
Non-fireproof firebreathers, I'm pretty sure I had one that blew clouds of necrotizing dust and immediately rotted its own organs out, and I've definitely had strong-but-fragile firebreathers that found a local denizen of the caverns, threw the troll into a tree and then blasted it with fire, collapsing the tree onto their own head.
Quote from: KillerClowns
Beneath the slade, there is sheep. By all that his holy, there are so many sheep down there. I don't know why it's sheep.

Derro

• Bay Watcher
  • Imprisoned Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #53249 on: February 06, 2019, 03:12:13 am »

A bunch of dwarves decided to run to the second cave layer to get water, and started getting picked off by a jabberer and several undead crundles. As the amount of undead began to spiral out of control, I walled off the cave.

Not much later, a caravan arrived and promptly got attacked by undead yaks... followed by the dwarves deciding that they should totally recover the trade goods, and fight some yaks while they were at it!

Between mass starvation in the caves and slaughter on the surface, only a handful of dwarves were left, and I decided the fortress wasn't going anywhere.
Pages: 1 ... 3548 3549 [3550] 3551 3552 ... 3836