Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3563 3564 [3565] 3566 3567 ... 3836

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5853721 times)

Vindcara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #53460 on: March 14, 2019, 01:13:22 pm »

Today I learned that, while my platoon of steel armored jabberers might be mighty, they still don't stand a chance against web slinging forgotten beasts. I also got my first "Doesn't really care about anything anymore" dwarf.

Dragonhearth has fallen.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #53461 on: March 14, 2019, 01:51:44 pm »

It says, The world has passed into The Age of Rightstaker.

Is Rightstaker the last Forgotten Beast or something?
Last megabeast, I presume. FBs don't have ages.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53462 on: March 16, 2019, 03:49:10 am »

Last winter, I sent 2 squads to raze a goblin site which is nearly 1 days travel away.
But after a month they still haven't returned.  :o

Then I sent another squad to raid it and they returned with some junks and 3 stray beak dogs.

Now it is summer, there is still no message from the previous squads. What happened? The military screen says they are travelling.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #53463 on: March 16, 2019, 04:21:54 am »

It's possible that your squads took a much longer route than the direct route.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53464 on: March 16, 2019, 09:40:07 am »

Last winter, I sent 2 squads to raze a goblin site which is nearly 1 days travel away.

Then I sent another squad to raid it and they returned with some junks and 3 stray beak dogs.

Now it is summer, there is still no message from the previous squads. What happened? The military screen says they are travelling.
Sounds to me like you've fallen victim to the "squads-in-limbo" bug. This new version, military squads will occasionally just... fail to return. They stop halfway back to your fortress, then just stay there.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53465 on: March 16, 2019, 09:50:51 am »

Sounds to me like you've fallen victim to the "squads-in-limbo" bug. This new version, military squads will occasionally just... fail to return. They stop halfway back to your fortress, then just stay there.
Deserters!

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #53466 on: March 16, 2019, 09:55:50 am »

Deserters!
Can you encounter and kill these squads-in-limbo in Adventure Mode?

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #53467 on: March 16, 2019, 10:13:08 am »

It would be cool if this could be incorporated into a real feature, squads made of dwarves with low moral can desert or even betray the fort.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #53468 on: March 16, 2019, 02:10:57 pm »

It would be cool if this could be incorporated into a real feature, squads made of dwarves with low moral can desert or even betray the fort.

Yes, instead of only stabbing each other in the tavern like usual than can also plan to stab you afterwards.
In a time before time, I had a name.

qualiyah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53469 on: March 16, 2019, 07:00:50 pm »

Usually when this happens it's because one of the soldiers that was supposed to be sent on the mission was unable to leave the map with the others for some reason--stuck up a tree, chained up in jail, whatever. It could also be a war dog that's stuck, if there were any war dogs assigned to the solders in those squads. Only once every unit that's supposed to go on the mission is successfully off the map will the raid actually begin.

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53470 on: March 16, 2019, 07:54:49 pm »

Thanks very much. I pastured their war animals. lol

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #53471 on: March 16, 2019, 08:29:28 pm »

In my case it was this one lunatic that decided to fuck the mission and come home early as part of a migrant wave. His commander never came home.

I ended up abandoning that world just because i needed to test newer features in my mod. I decided to found a new fort, on top of a volcano, for that. But i got distracted building a huge 7 tile wide two story deep trench around the entire fort, all the walls of which i have smoothed over or built from blocks. The dwarves dont even have bedrooms or a dining hall yet, theyve been napping in empty dorm beds in the few available hallways (miners have been busy trenching and smoothing walls) and eating off the lids of barrels, chugging booze out of the barrel like their uncivilized ancestors did before mugs worked (craftsdwarves on masonry duty building blocks and walls around the citadel). But this fortress is literally impregnable to anything that cant fly.

The trench is now full to the brim with magma and includes two retracting bridges for dumping that magma into the trade depot tunnel below. Havent dug the drains to get it out of the tunnel yet. I want to build steel and glass traps for magma proofing in the tunnel to catch or kill invaders. I have sand, i dont yet know if i have iron, but i think i had flux, and obviously magma.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53472 on: March 16, 2019, 10:48:30 pm »

Problem solved. I released the pastured animals.
The war bear killed a dwarf prisoner in that goblin site and the squads returned victoriously.  8)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53473 on: March 16, 2019, 10:52:16 pm »

Tester fort is going well, more or less. Found out darkflagrance gave stranglers a highly unwelcome boost to stranglers so i had to cheat to get the attack to go away, but now I can probably get through a smallscale fight. Got two problem dwarves mostly stemming from lack of shit for them to do and the weather being a double-dipping prick. I was expecting snow in a biome with winters cold enough to freeze the river, bot snow and rain simultaneously.

Probably gonna need to help out with the needs by building a small library and an archery range for the more squeamish dwarves to further reduce the weather impact. The married couples are doing a good job of keeping themselves sane by popping out spawnlings.

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53474 on: March 18, 2019, 03:32:02 am »

The pits of Witchlured, a short walk to the south, looks to your thriving economy for its future prosperity.

What happened? The goblin is still war with us, but one of their sites is now economically linked to us?
Pages: 1 ... 3563 3564 [3565] 3566 3567 ... 3836