Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3575 3576 [3577] 3578 3579 ... 3627

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 3267963 times)

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling modder, Adequate Thread Derailer
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #53640 on: April 02, 2019, 06:43:11 am »

Embarked on a tomb (using DFhack).

1) the mummy will reanimate once anything sets foot in it's chamber
2) So much loot, so many corpses, so many possibilities (but not for this fort, this fort is no more)
:D :D :D

Oafsalot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53641 on: April 02, 2019, 04:45:56 pm »

I had a bit of a disaster training marks dwarves on fodder in a make shift range. Two of the human bowmen could climb right up a smoothed stone to in front of my fortifications and then shoot back into the room the dwarves were in. Made a right mess. Oh well, we live, we learn.

Oafsalot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53642 on: April 03, 2019, 11:39:42 am »

Well when it rains it pours. My Militia, which are made up of everyone in my fortress, had to chase some enemies over a bridge. Well I flipped about a dozen into my lava moat as I'd ordered the bridge closed to stop the flow of enemies. Several of my best dwarves got toasted this day.

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53643 on: April 03, 2019, 07:48:33 pm »

A swordsdwarf visited during a goblin siege and was killed. I noticed he was carrying a wood sword.
Must be an elf spy.

Paralyzoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53644 on: April 03, 2019, 08:09:42 pm »

A visiting human axeman is taking out an elven ambush I haven't seen yet.
He felt aroused after seeing the goblin Ramkal Drunkensiege's dead body.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • Pika Pika!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53645 on: April 03, 2019, 08:13:41 pm »

A swordsdwarf visited during a goblin siege and was killed. I noticed he was carrying a wood sword.
Must be an elf spy.
Did he have a dwarven name? If he had an elven name, he could just be elven.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Hiarhu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53646 on: April 04, 2019, 12:03:06 am »

While looking through the artifacts screen for something worth stealing I noticed that a clown slab made of special metal was said to be located practically on top of my fort. Realizing this could only mean there was a vault nearby I got excited. I've never actually found one before so rather than send in the troops I created and dispatched an elephant man adventurer to bring me that slab.

My agent arrived at nightfall and just as I approached the entrance the bogeymen attacked. I was able to dispatch them with minimal injury but it was hardly a glorious start. Once I got inside one of the guardians, a soldier, attacked me immediately and I lured it outside facing it one on one and to my surprise had the size advantage. After defeating the soldier and picking up a few more injuries I had a realization. Even if I got the slab it was an artifact, I wasn't going to be able to melt it down for the metal. So I grabbed my fallen foe's weapon and armor which were made of the same metal and scurried back to my fort with the proper location of the vault, an armful of very special metal and one heavily mutilated trophy.

I put the corpse on display and ordered everything melted down. I'd never used the unlimited metal exploit because I never saw the need but I'm using it now. Melt, serrated discs, melt, discs, melt. I didn't quite realize how valuable it was until I saw my fortress produced two million worth in a season and a half. Obviously this will attract unwanted attention, the first FB in twelve years has already come as I was typing this, and a second..yeah this is going to get messy fast. I haven't even produced enough metal for one set of full gear and my goal is to train a special strike force equipped with the searing metal and subjugate that vault.

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53647 on: April 04, 2019, 02:51:22 am »

Must be an elf spy.
Did he have a dwarven name? If he had an elven name, he could just be elven.
I'm sure he had a dwarven name. And he was using a wood shield as well.
But I do have a lot of elf visitors.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • perpetually lost
    • View Profile
« Reply #53648 on: April 04, 2019, 04:15:39 am »

As a challenge, I embarked on a mountain using DFhack. Since there are no trees here, I can't persuade caravans into giving away all their stuff by shoving spiked wooden balls down their throats. I'm also at "war" with my parent civ. I hope to Armok that they don't invade.

Two migrant waves came, and I now have 8 picks, 5 more than I had at embark. I have no idea where those picks came from.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 04:44:26 am by methylatedspirit »

Wombation

• Bay Watcher
  • My only friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #53649 on: April 04, 2019, 06:05:20 am »

One of my dwarfs had triplets. Must be quite rare as I think I've never seen it happen before.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • perpetually lost
    • View Profile
« Reply #53650 on: April 04, 2019, 07:20:59 am »

A visitor came into my fort, carrying a mug with wine in it. The exact moment I gave him residency, he spilled his drink onto the floor. Waste of perfectly good alcohol, if you ask me.

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53651 on: April 05, 2019, 04:42:21 am »

The mayor(also a foreign baron consort) threw a tantrum and 3 people died. I had to send him away. Fortunately foreign nobels are not subjected to the no-expulsion rule.
The new mayor is a goblin, because he has the highest social skills.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53652 on: April 07, 2019, 04:27:37 am »

Another day, another fort. Let's see how everyone is doing.

Expedition Leader: Deeply respects skill at arms, dreams of
becoming a legendary warrior. Oh, and "She would flee even the most necessary battle to avoid any form of physical confrontation,  though she is conflicted by this for more than one reason". Ok.

Military commander: He is consumed by overpowering feelings of jealousy. He has an overinflated sense of self-worth. He often feels lustful. He is very polite. Dick.

Chief medical dwarf: He tends to form only tenuous emotional bonds with others. He does not easily fall in love and rarely develops positive sentiments, and he is troubled by this because he values romance. Closet otaku.

What a fun bunch. There's a story in here somewhere. :)

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling modder, Adequate Thread Derailer
    • View Profile
« Reply #53653 on: April 07, 2019, 06:34:46 am »

Not exactly something that's going on on my fort, but I just genned a 65x65 (small region) map with 147000+ goblins  :o :o

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53654 on: April 08, 2019, 01:59:34 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I tried 3 times to challenge the aquifer during winter. And it appears there are 6 layers.
This time I failed to finish before spring, and framerate went to hell.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 02:04:19 am by Libash_Thunderhead »
Pages: 1 ... 3575 3576 [3577] 3578 3579 ... 3627