Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3613 3614 [3615] 3616 3617 ... 3836

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5888715 times)

RLS0812

• Bay Watcher
  • ~ Cancels Everything ~
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #54210 on: September 29, 2019, 03:21:45 pm »

Fort Tantrum ended up tanking the CPU at under 1 tile movement per second ( 2x2 map ) . This is why I played 34 so much -- 44 is too much for my potato to process after a while.

Fort is now retired, and I'm going back to 34 .  ::)
Have you experienced the joys of a dwarven tantrum chain yet ?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54211 on: September 29, 2019, 05:07:49 pm »

My butcher has gone stark raving mad

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54212 on: September 29, 2019, 06:30:23 pm »

Hmm. Is this from DFHack, or is it an uncommon vanilla message? (A caravan's trader was offended and left.)

If you can't see the image, it contains the following text: Axhel: Leave it to the besotted dullard to miss the finer points of discourse. I'm leaving. Do reflect. (The actual color, as shown in the image, is somewhere in between the yellow and green colors on this board.)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54213 on: September 29, 2019, 06:38:22 pm »

Everyone died. The mayor was killed by an elven ambush among the corpses of the dead. The elves were uneasy due to all the death

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #54214 on: September 29, 2019, 06:55:06 pm »

Hmm. Is this from DFHack, or is it an uncommon vanilla message? (A caravan's trader was offended and left.)

If you can't see the image, it contains the following text: Axhel: Leave it to the besotted dullard to miss the finer points of discourse. I'm leaving. Do reflect. (The actual color, as shown in the image, is somewhere in between the yellow and green colors on this board.)
My eyes say orange and my colorpicker says FFCC00, which contains less green than yellow.

Also, yeah, traders will leave if you offend them with bad trades.
Everyone died. The mayor was killed by an elven ambush among the corpses of the dead. The elves were uneasy due to all the death
Maybe elves eat the corpses of their enemies because they don't want to see them?

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54215 on: September 29, 2019, 11:19:29 pm »

When my goblin cook emptied barrel for kumis making (it is a strange bug - barrels from carpentry not work), all ogres and harpies died by dehydratation. Bugs isn't fun. But my previous fortress was lose really fun - hippo zombies kill my creatures who went to wagon for pickup military equipment (but not kill creatures, who haul barrels from wagon and killed creatures' clothes), when ogress throwing a tantrum and kill ogre, he resurrected as zombie and make zombie-spiral, one harpy live in fortress some days with second harpy's ghost and domestic creatures (giant rats, hunting bats, crocodiles and beak dogs), drink alcohol and eat roast, but was killed by slaughtered rat. Also this harpy make harpy milk roast from ten ingredients (and full barrel of milk that I planned use for making more alcohol).

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #54216 on: September 30, 2019, 04:28:40 pm »

Out of curiosity, I made a 16x16 embark Fort. Not even to make a proper Fort, just to have a look at the geography.

It’s fine. I didn’t need that computer that much anyway. The desk it was sitting on might be a problem though, since it’s setting off the fire alarms...
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #54217 on: September 30, 2019, 05:50:41 pm »

I think you need like 5gb ram just load such a thing
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54218 on: October 01, 2019, 12:32:07 am »

I start new goblin fortress in full of evil world. Kumis on embark was unavailable, but I buy barrels of milk. When miners dig rooms and brewer build still, all milk was frozen! And nobody haul barrels into warmer stockpile from cold wagon. Ogres was dehydrated, trolls - not yet. Only spring and sun save my dark fort, because without ogres I cannot good fight even with zombie goats. One killed fishertroll was butchered and even cooked! I hope, this will be work furter and meals will be edible. When I write this post, arrive some migrants and one dead goblin was butchered. One salmon was fried in goblin tallow, why dfhack write "not edible"? Also, meal made from cave fish and prepared troll intestines (I imagine this biscuits as fish sausages) pointed by dfhack as edible only when cooked. Fish and egg biscuits pointed as not edible. I not sure about future fun, but it may be great hunger (and war of five small goblins versus hordes of zombies). Only if I train my cave dragons and make some armor (all live goblins are in military squad for equipping whip and buckler), this war will be longer.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #54219 on: October 01, 2019, 06:40:22 am »

Out of curiosity, I made a 16x16 embark Fort. Not even to make a proper Fort, just to have a look at the geography.

It’s fine. I didn’t need that computer that much anyway. The desk it was sitting on might be a problem though, since it’s setting off the fire alarms...
with 4GB RAM i tried it with a 12x12 embark and it was way too big. the 16x16 just got my PC freezing, so i had to push the reset button.
got to test it with my 8GB now.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #54220 on: October 02, 2019, 02:13:05 am »

4 out of my 7 soldiers have become werelizards. What’s the best way to keep training them without having to worry about them tearing each other apart? Descending from the same beast doesn’t stop them from attacking each other if they transform at different moments.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54221 on: October 02, 2019, 02:18:03 pm »

4 out of my 7 soldiers have become werelizards. What’s the best way to keep training them without having to worry about them tearing each other apart? Descending from the same beast doesn’t stop them from attacking each other if they transform at different moments.

Mark four Barracks with four tunnels to the surface blocked with drawbridges.  They will live in the barracks training until released on invading armies or other beasts.  Just make sure to release them when they are in were form so they do a lot of damage before they die.
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

Urist McUristUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54222 on: October 02, 2019, 04:54:48 pm »

Designate a barracks that's split into four parts by two at least two tiles wide smooth-walled moats, dwarves can demonstrate through any obstructions AFAIK as long as they are in the same barracks. Put whatever you use for the designation in a place where the werebeasts cannot destroy it. Only put them on duty after they train a bit of biter - weapon skills are pointless. This way you can propably get legendary biter werebeasts after a few years.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #54223 on: October 03, 2019, 04:27:33 am »

Thanks for the suggestions you two :)
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Lozzymandias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54224 on: October 03, 2019, 08:08:11 am »

In continued efforts to keep the cavern animals turning over so I can finally get my precious GCS breeding pair, I sent some marks dwarves to clear out the perennial 8-red-crundles-hanging-on-a-wall. Naturally one took a bronze bolt or two and they scattered. So begins the tedious hunt and tidy up game...

Only the mayor was in the caverns collecting silk at the time. Crundle runs smack into him. Like an upstanding civil servant he takes a few scratches, then loses it. In a fit of rage he grabs the bolt, still in the crundle, rips it out and stabs the crundle to death with it. He stands there, breathing heavily, bronze bolt in hand, over the crundle corpse when three of the crundle brothers run round the corner.

In short, that was the day the mayor really won his office and got more kills than member of the militia.
"Come on, you sons of elves, do you want to live forever?"
Pages: 1 ... 3613 3614 [3615] 3616 3617 ... 3836