Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3639 3640 [3641] 3642 3643 ... 3836

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5865476 times)

Sver

• Bay Watcher
  • An army marches on its oiling and waxing
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #54600 on: February 14, 2020, 12:44:49 pm »

My legendary axe dwarf fell on hard times after our first goblin siege. She managed to kill 3 of them, but in the end... well she looked like this.

So basically some gobbo has caved her face in with a mace/hammer.

...Don't google mangled face, you won't like it.
DF Combat Reworked
No overpowered force transfer, no easy life without a kidney, more functional variety among the weapons and other improvements.

TillyII

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54601 on: February 14, 2020, 12:59:48 pm »

My legendary axe dwarf fell on hard times after our first goblin siege. She managed to kill 3 of them, but in the end... well she looked like this.

So basically some gobbo has caved her face in with a mace/hammer.

...Don't google mangled face, you won't like it.

don't click this link, you won't like it.
(removed)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 08:08:00 pm by Toady One »

Sver

• Bay Watcher
  • An army marches on its oiling and waxing
    • View Profile
« Reply #54602 on: February 14, 2020, 01:24:36 pm »

I can't open it, but had my fair share of not liking it during that googling  :-\
DF Combat Reworked
No overpowered force transfer, no easy life without a kidney, more functional variety among the weapons and other improvements.

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54603 on: February 14, 2020, 03:52:32 pm »

Anyone know why my dwarves are all in conflict with eachother? There seems to be little cause.

They all seem to disturb eachother

and everyone's thoughts seem to be similar if not identical to this:

Loyalty cascade. Usually caused by one or more of:

1) Vanilla unmodded alcohol which causes erratic behaviour, resulting in fist fights in the tavern which result in loyalty cascades.
2) Berserk dwarves (failed mood, for example) will always result in a cascade when your military is ordered to put them down. A berserk dwarf is currently a doomed fort, there's no way to kill them with your soldiers without causing a cascade (might as well savescum until you get a melancholy instead of berserk)
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #54604 on: February 14, 2020, 07:15:09 pm »

Never Had fistfight troubles but this Release oh man. I am Not Sure If its merely the Version or because i have three Performers assogned

Lemunde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54605 on: February 14, 2020, 09:58:43 pm »

For the first time I built a jail and had it actually work. Had two convicted criminals. One was a ranger who violated a mandate. She surprisingly was very reasonably about the whole thing. She really liked the turtle shell decorated bronze chain in her cell, which was pretty much the only furniture. Served her sentence and now she's back to being a productive member of society.

The other, however, was a fisherdwarf who's been causing a lot of trouble. He's one of those who gets really pissy from being away from friends and family. He's probably going to be locked up for a while and if he keeps getting into fights after getting out of jail then I'm probably going to have to banish him.

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54606 on: February 14, 2020, 09:59:58 pm »

From your stories I am starting to think my stress filled 44.12 Fortress may be doing better than any future Civil War rocked 47.02 Fortress.   :(

Anyway, the Spring Break is over and nothing seems to have changed.  We have 29 more citizens and three people still in jail and one about to be tossed in jail and a lot of work needs to be done.  Maybe CraftRiddle needs a roof?
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

TillyII

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54607 on: February 15, 2020, 09:03:24 am »

9th Galena 559 Late Summer. - Claspwish

The fortress has erupted into an all out civil war. There are bodies everywhere. It's really stinking up the fort.

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54608 on: February 15, 2020, 10:04:09 am »

The fortress has erupted into an all out civil war. There are bodies everywhere. It's really stinking up the fort.

Loyalty cascades sometimes turn into a war with your civ, which will not resolve until one side of the conflict is wiped out.

Morning_Oak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54609 on: February 15, 2020, 12:07:26 pm »

I just found out that there are 2 seperate badger fiends leading two seperate goblin civilizations in the world I'm playing in, and both appear to be at war my with dwarven civ, so a seige is inevitable. Is it possible for me to somehow attract the badger fiends to my fortress, trap them in a pit or something and see if they can create more badger fiends? I don't know if they have genders or are even able to reproduce. But it would be neat to have an army of badger fiends to unleash upon unexpecting invaders.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #54610 on: February 15, 2020, 01:39:28 pm »

I just found out that there are 2 seperate badger fiends leading two seperate goblin civilizations in the world I'm playing in, and both appear to be at war my with dwarven civ, so a seige is inevitable. Is it possible for me to somehow attract the badger fiends to my fortress, trap them in a pit or something and see if they can create more badger fiends? I don't know if they have genders or are even able to reproduce. But it would be neat to have an army of badger fiends to unleash upon unexpecting invaders.
Demons do breed, but I don't know about civilized ones. I think they would need to marry first, which is really hard to do in this version. It would be a lot easier to just used webbed cage traps to capture demons from hell to unleash on your enemies.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54611 on: February 15, 2020, 05:36:57 pm »

This is triggering my cave-in ADHD

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #54612 on: February 15, 2020, 05:55:57 pm »

What's a good world gen time?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54613 on: February 15, 2020, 06:24:55 pm »

250 years seems to be the Goldilocks range, especially for larger worlds.
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #54614 on: February 15, 2020, 06:30:10 pm »

250 years seems to be the Goldilocks range, especially for larger worlds.

It depends on what your desired world is like I suppose.  But I agree with Urlance Woolsbane, 250 years seems to be a good time to have all the civilizations doing well, before wars and the like have too much chance to wipe out all the humans or something like that.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 06:32:52 pm by Schmaven »
Pages: 1 ... 3639 3640 [3641] 3642 3643 ... 3836