Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3656 3657 [3658] 3659 3660 ... 3835

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5787605 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #54855 on: April 08, 2020, 10:06:47 pm »

I guess I’ve just been very lucky then

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #54856 on: April 09, 2020, 09:46:32 am »

I thought mood requirements depended mainly on the mooded profession and type of mood...
How other to explain a glassmaker's requirement for raw glass, a created material?
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54857 on: April 09, 2020, 10:14:20 am »

Most of my dwarves get fell moods

HMD Majesty

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes dwarfs for their stupidity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54858 on: April 09, 2020, 03:16:45 pm »

As We recall, only very stressed Dwarfs can have Fell Moods.  It is not luck, then, that you have not had to deal with Demands that cannot be satisfied, but Talent.

Sadly, We find Our Dwarfs meet Our Demands better when they are not so stressed as to take a Fell Mood.

Vorox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54859 on: April 09, 2020, 03:42:25 pm »

After several weeks of modding, and almost an hour of trying to generate the perfect world, I'm finally ready to start some new forts.
I really like the world I got, it's got a huge good ocean in the south, a very big evil tundra in the north, and in the northwest corner there is a big good lake in a valley surrounded by mountains. Also the small island in the south is almost like a miniature version of the main continent.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Vorox likes gremlins for their tears.

HMD Majesty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54860 on: April 09, 2020, 05:17:30 pm »

We currently have some Giant Tortoises on the Map, and had trapped three of them to tame.  We have also been releasing stray Dogs onto the Surface to harass whatever they please and hopefully detect any Ambushes.

We ran a Drill to test the Secrity of Dreamsinks, and just as We were about to re-open the Gate it We found a fourth Tortoise in Our Main Entrance Hall.

Do you think it wanted to complain?

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54861 on: April 09, 2020, 08:50:13 pm »

Another reason to exile stressmeisters.  Or maybe not.  You have to admit killing someone and making an artifact out of their dead body is pretty metal.

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #54862 on: April 10, 2020, 10:49:15 am »

Another reason to exile stressmeisters.  Or maybe not.  You have to admit killing someone and making an artifact out of their dead body is pretty metal.

And even more metal if they kill your legendary armorsmith to make bone armor.

nickbii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54863 on: April 10, 2020, 11:44:33 pm »

How does the strategy of exiling them to a subfort so they can only kill each-other work?

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54864 on: April 11, 2020, 09:50:50 am »

How does the strategy of exiling them to a subfort so they can only kill each-other work?

I'm not sure.  If they're that potentially dangerous, I "exile" them to magma.  Nobody seems to come back from that.

Vicious_Unicycle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54865 on: April 12, 2020, 01:10:53 am »

Sent out a couple of squads to recover books from a fallen fortress. One of said squads included a pair of intelligent undead. The moment the squads get back, I get the alert that someone has been found dead contorted in fear.

The intelligent undead became ghosts as soon as they came back on the map. Obviously I had to memorialize the murderous one, but the other one was only a forlorn haunt. On top of that, she's the sheriff. I decided she can stick around.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54866 on: April 12, 2020, 01:50:35 am »

Sent out a couple of squads to recover books from a fallen fortress. One of said squads included a pair of intelligent undead. The moment the squads get back, I get the alert that someone has been found dead contorted in fear.

The intelligent undead became ghosts as soon as they came back on the map. Obviously I had to memorialize the murderous one, but the other one was only a forlorn haunt. On top of that, she's the sheriff. I decided she can stick around.
Hah. That's new. Needs a bug report probably.

Shizmoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54867 on: April 12, 2020, 05:40:35 pm »

Was invaded by a horde of undead and routed them, how do you tell which tower attacked you? I have like 7 neighbor towers

Sarmatian123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54868 on: April 12, 2020, 05:43:37 pm »

In past you looked at which Dark Tower suddenly dropped in population. Usually it was the closest to you. Now there suppose to be some tell in civilization screen.

HMD Majesty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54869 on: April 12, 2020, 09:57:19 pm »

The Egg-laying Pets of Our Fortress have been claiming the Nestboxes meant for Our Tortoises, despite being assigned to a different pasture, so We are working on convincing them to vanish without trace.

Also, a recent Exploration of the only other known Home Civ Site anyone can reach - there is one other on an inaccessible Island far to the West - came home empty-handed.  We are considering whether to establish a stronghold immediately to retake the North, or build Power here in the South first.
Pages: 1 ... 3656 3657 [3658] 3659 3660 ... 3835