Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3661 3662 [3663] 3664 3665 ... 3836

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5865031 times)

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #54930 on: April 29, 2020, 10:08:35 pm »

Whelp...

I think Tincloister is coming to an end.  :'(
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54931 on: April 30, 2020, 09:00:36 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Not sure if this is bug but the human siegers suddenly turned tail and ran.
All the dwarves were underground so I don't know what spooked them.
(There are some goblin and dwarf corpses on the surface but nothing undead).
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 09:02:59 am by Libash_Thunderhead »

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54932 on: April 30, 2020, 06:01:28 pm »

Well Tincloister has been abandoned.

My dwarves have founded Dabblebook.  It's in the same region, but not next door.

Currently Etur Othilathel, miner,

is hard at work rescuing Cog Letmoslised,

bookkeeper.

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54933 on: May 01, 2020, 03:50:49 am »

https://i.ibb.co/VTr9zwL/et6.png

Just killed an Ettin who had an artifact steel spear.

:o

Giant

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #54934 on: May 01, 2020, 04:16:42 am »

https://i.ibb.co/VTr9zwL/et6.png

Just killed an Ettin who had an artifact steel spear.

:o

Luckily he managed to remove plenty of hippies just before passing.

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #54935 on: May 01, 2020, 07:08:15 am »

Ettins and Giants are either really stocking up on those artifacts lately, or I just wasn't paying attention since the introduction of worldgen artifacts.

I've been doing that exciting project of getting all the instruments build, because the few instruments my dwarves do use are the handheld ones that are caught up in good old bug 9485, and I was hoping to see dwarves actually play the stationary instruments. Looking at my dwarves though, it seems the majority of them are skilled in the 'kezat', some string instrument... that I cannot make. Or trade for. So I suspect it's one from the neighbouring dwarven civ? I guess I could raid for it, but that seems a pretty extreme measure for just getting an instrument my dwarves can play. The other option is to open up the tavern and have the elf bards teach us how to play elfy instruments, but this fort was pre-retire subject to a loyalty cascade, so I think I need to first pillage the local necromancer tower, so I can open up the tavern again and not have it filled up with necromancers, so my dwarves can learn performance forms from the traveling bards.

Yeah, that seems about right...

I also noticed that during my last siege one of my legendary spear dwarves that survived the loyalty cascade was marked as 'doesn't care about anything anymore', which in effect means they're more easily stressed: The positive modifiers from teaching and seeing a fine table don't seem to happen anymore, but they do freak out still about the siege.
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54936 on: May 01, 2020, 08:17:20 am »

A butt naked Elf Gelder came to visit my tavern. After chatting with locals it was revealed that she was seeking work... as a performer. This raises all sorts of horrible mental pictures about the nature of her performances.

Sad thing is, she is actually one of the better quality visitors I'm getting in this fort. About 90% of the visitors are sinister plotters under false identities and about 90% of them are various horrible undead. I'm considering closing down the visitor tavern completely.
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #54937 on: May 01, 2020, 08:27:44 am »

Sad thing is, she is actually one of the better quality visitors I'm getting in this fort. About 90% of the visitors are sinister plotters under false identities and about 90% of them are various horrible undead. I'm considering closing down the visitor tavern completely.
Yeah, I can recommend that. It's why I am contemplating pillaging the nearest necromancer tower before I reopen my tavern. It's by far the most annoying thing about this release right now.
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54938 on: May 01, 2020, 01:22:57 pm »

Meow!

First to spar.  I wouldn't be surprised if this was inspired by Scamps.
FPS in Gravearmor (850+ dwarves) is 3-6 (v0.47.05 lives on).
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #54939 on: May 01, 2020, 03:34:35 pm »

Meow!

First to spar.  I wouldn't be surprised if this was inspired by Scamps.
Is the cat doing anymore sparring than being charged at once?
If the sparrers accidently charge a non-sparrer, the non-sparrer gets a sparring report of that.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54940 on: May 01, 2020, 06:33:01 pm »

Humor, that's all.  Fun.  Analysis is not needed.
FPS in Gravearmor (850+ dwarves) is 3-6 (v0.47.05 lives on).
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54941 on: May 02, 2020, 09:12:58 am »

I feel horrible after losing track of a strange mood dwarf after micromanaging every other strange mood.  I was in the middle of a huge channeling project to grow surface crops underground, then putting a floor over the top of the farm complex, and lost track.

She lost her mind.  Shortly before she died, she also had a miscarriage when she hit starving.  And then I also noticed she was angry that I had exiled her brother for tantruming.  Didn't family used to leave with the expelled dwarf?  Anyway, it made me sad, and it was all my fault.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54942 on: May 03, 2020, 04:51:27 pm »

I just had a fort (CatchTorches) that failed due to an extremely shallow first cavern.  Well, time to generate more worlds...

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54943 on: May 03, 2020, 08:13:41 pm »

I feel horrible after losing track of a strange mood dwarf after micromanaging every other strange mood.  I was in the middle of a huge channeling project to grow surface crops underground, then putting a floor over the top of the farm complex, and lost track.

She lost her mind.  Shortly before she died, she also had a miscarriage when she hit starving.  And then I also noticed she was angry that I had exiled her brother for tantruming.  Didn't family used to leave with the expelled dwarf?  Anyway, it made me sad, and it was all my fault.
One of the downsides of becoming invested with your populace.  In Dwarf Fortress, misery is fractal.  You could always build a custom statue to remind yourself.  Or possibly to serve as a warning to future Dorfs that they shouldn't mood with impossible stuff :P

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54944 on: May 04, 2020, 01:26:49 am »

One of the downsides of becoming invested with your populace.  In Dwarf Fortress, misery is fractal.  You could always build a custom statue to remind yourself.  Or possibly to serve as a warning to future Dorfs that they shouldn't mood with impossible stuff :P

I'm pretty sure it was bones.  Every other dwarf has insisted on using bone in their artifacts for some reason, but usually they're forbidden and I've slaughtered an animal especially for the mood.  Even though just unforbidding already existing bone would do too.  I just lost track of it.  The artifact before and after this one had bone in them, and so did the latest, an adamantine short sword with crundle bone, probably because these semi-vermin are underfoot everywhere at the moment.
Pages: 1 ... 3661 3662 [3663] 3664 3665 ... 3836